Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cohen06

Sembawang Green - Interior Design Contractors

ah it's tau..

might go get a quote from them (if i still have any energy left after all these marathon appointments!).

thx! :D

Can look for uncle Winson cos he is the one taking care of my reno details. Nice uncle :) .

Have you shortlisted any IDs already?

Went to my flat to take a look ytd, its much more quiet now as all the contractors are busy ambush-ing the neighbours from other blks. :P Wanted to go see the showrooms but seems like most of the showroom owners from 488 have already moved in..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
just saw ur reno blog, so many problems with hdb-"rectified" works!

oh well, but since we didn't opt for the hdb tiles and doors, we have the additional trouble of finding (and paying substantially more) our own ID/contractor to do it.

btw, ur color scheme is v. nice, all those light colors (but the red n black kitchen gave me a lil'shock).

firehorse, how's ur reno going on???

904, we're still fishing around for quotations/ going for appointments.

need time to get more quotes + designs + 7th month is just round the corner.

target to appoint 1 n' start sep/oct.

btw, ur reno finished oredi?

Haha. me thurs den take key.... i'm just doing simple reno so very fast can go in liao!!

i need to check.

tml my appt is 810am.

i need to apply insurance 1st rite??? wat time HDB open?

morning, yes have to buy insurance 1st. mayb u call them to ask?? excited ya!!!!

wah u so eager.

i not so eager, wanted to move in 1 yr later.. hehe

but parents cooked up a stormy fuss, so here we are, finding IDs.. haixxx

new home mah!! i waited for 2 years liao so..... :D

cheers!!!!!

Hi!. welcome!

For window & Grilles, can consider "Unipac alum" especially new flat at admiralty link, they done one of the unit for service balcony. ther r dir manufacturer :)

For window & Grilles, can consider "Unipac alum" especially new flat at admiralty link, they done one of the unit for service balcony. ther r dir manufacturer :)

wah.. you are obviously from unipac, your user name already explicitly said that.. so can say 'we' instead of 'they' lah. :)

wah.. i always encounter the 'type till half den forum log me out' situation :bangwall: . hahaa.. sometimes i just type (and save) on a word doc 1st den copy and paste on the forum if i'm typing a long post. :D

Eric sounds very nice, seems like u also doing quite alot huh? Got feature walls etc.. good to find a ID to help u design and gives u less headache. Cos I'm not a creative or artistic person, so i find it very challenging to go design on my own and ask my contractor to do..

But because of budget constrain, now looking around for ideas lor, if really can't find any suitable ideas, i'll just do a white house, everything in glossy white laminate, no need to think that much.. wahaha.. :D

i'm so fed up!

i was typing a long reply to u and the ****ing renotalk logged me out!

and when i re-logged in, my entire post was GONE.

bleahx.

ok, as i was saying, no.. i was typing..

we're still talking to IDs, might expand our search to more IDs if not satisfied.

hope to shortlist one and start in end-october and complete by december.

Wideangle quoted us about 35k-40k :jawdrop:

quite a shocker to us actually.

but she was very patient (we were late for both our appointments).

i got the impression that they are into high-end stuff , doing condos and using better quality materials.

wardrobe price was about $260+/ft, abit high, for solid wood laminate; maybe the interior coloring layer material drove the price up? :unsure:

i almost had no fate to meet up with Summit's Eric lim, either my memory slip or bad pronounciation, or both.

i mistaken our appointment to be on saturday instead of sunday.

imagine getting up on saturday morning to go to bedok and take a bus 33 to joo chiat and walk - to a closed door... :bangwall:

still, Eric was humble enough to apologise for the mismatch - humility + customer service all in one fell swoop :bow:

- basket, only made me more paiseh but i've got a golden mouth (very difficult to say sorry type),so...(so i must say something nice for him here la) :P

then, we got impressed with his style.

prior to our meeting, we had some idea of what we wanted (or so we thought) - and i had emailed him a lengthy and specific email on what we wanted and where we wanted the stuff.

(i.e. feature walls, wardrobe, tv consoles, etc.)

he proposed a different layout and justified point by point his reasons for doing so (e.g. positioning, lighting concerns, work-around space constrains, etc).

this is real ID-stuff, really suggesting stuff to you instead of assuming the client knows best - and it was good stuff. :good:

+ showed a thick file full of color pics on the progress of a project - we met at a fast-food venue, away from his office, and he carried all the crucial stuff (i.e. material brochures, portfolio) from joo chiat to upper thomson to meet with us.

summit's quote much lower than wideangle's, 25k+ ; some of his quotation's "optional items" made us quite "gianz", but i think summit's quote don't include electrical works (again, i', not sure cos' i don't have it infront of me now).

Eric's must b working really hard cos' he's got dark circles that are worse than mine! (i dare to type this cos' he said he's not active in internet forum, hehe) :notti:

i'm so glad to hear that the hawks/vultures and what-not have "migrated" to other blocks!

don't like being tailed around and looked upon like a buffet dish leh. :o

ok noted!! pls pm me the number. thanks

Hmm.. we not doing any feature wall, cos my old fashion hubby say don't want. But we doing a glass display cabinet for our fengshui ornament, and doing full height shoe cabinet at bomb shelter area..

Most of our reno cost goes to these carpentry works, but nvm lah, its for our home mah. :D

we also want a white/light colors/gloss kind of concept, makes the place look a lil' bigger.

ya, we do have feature walls - our carpentry takes up a huge chunk of the cost.

we also got budget constraint.. :unsure: