Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cohen06

Sembawang Green - Interior Design Contractors

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah, then u have to finalise your ID/contractor soon, cos' the IDs and contractors that we've approached told us that reno takes about 4-6 weeks.

but also have to be careful la, pls. don't let the ID/contractor try and rush u to sign anything.

the more pushy they r, the more careful u shld b with them (imo). :yeah:

hmmm.. think engaging reno contractor/ID depends on luck also..

Would like to share my experience with Unim@x Creative

Having heard good feedback about Unim@x Creative and upon learning that they were the first ID firm to be CASETRUST certified, we decided to have our home renovated by them. Despite the fact that their quote wasn't the lowest.

The person in charge we got was unprofessional and always late for appointments. What's more he didn't understand the raw industrial chic look we were trying to achieve and we had to show him ID magazines to make him understand what we wanted.

He promised to have the place complete in 4 weeks, but when we went there in the last week, virtually nothing was done and no one was there doing any work. He kept insisting that the work would be complete, but true enough, we moved in to an uncompleted unit. Paintwork was patchy where walls were hacked, all the floors were scratched and splattered with paint, and the roofing they constructed was leaking. Some walls were even left unpainted!

Disgusted, we went down to their office at Balestier Road to speak to the boss. The boss insisted that Jeffrey was the person in charge and he didn't want to bother himself at all. Afterwhich, they refused to answer our calls, didn't call us back, etc. After more than a month, they started to chase for the balance payment, when the work they promised to complete AFTER we moved in was left undone.

So finally, after more almost 2 months are they doing up the remaining work!

I hope my experience with them serves as a warning to all those who are looking for responsible ID firms out there.

Having heard good feedback about Unim@x Creative and upon learning that they were the first ID firm to be CASETRUST certified, we decided to have our home renovated by them. Despite the fact that their quote wasn't the lowest.

The person in charge we got was unprofessional and always late for appointments. What's more he didn't understand the raw industrial chic look we were trying to achieve and we had to show him ID magazines to make him understand what we wanted.

He promised to have the place complete in 4 weeks, but when we went there in the last week, virtually nothing was done and no one was there doing any work. He kept insisting that the work would be complete, but true enough, we moved in to an uncompleted unit. Paintwork was patchy where walls were hacked, all the floors were scratched and splattered with paint, and the roofing they constructed was leaking. Some walls were even left unpainted!

Disgusted, we went down to their office at Balestier Road to speak to the boss. The boss insisted that Jeffrey was the person in charge and he didn't want to bother himself at all. Afterwhich, they refused to answer our calls, didn't call us back, etc. After more than a month, they started to chase for the balance payment, when the work they promised to complete AFTER we moved in was left undone.

I hope my experience with them serves as a warning to all those who are looking for responsible ID firms out there.

Hi muffy, sorry to hear abt your plight. Who was your ID?

Sorry to hear of your situation.

When I first started off to look for a contractor, I looked only for RADAC approved contractor. But they proved too expensive and over quoted me.

End up I selected a contractor that was under our block walking around type.

Until today, I'm still quite happy with his work although my renovations was really really slow.

But he did not keep asking me for payment.

Maybe because I told him I'm not in a rush, that is why he took his time.

But I must comment that his workmanship is one of the best I have viewed among all the Big and small renovations firms.

Just to share, my flooring is the 800 by 800 homogenous type, which all firms will tell you have warping problems.

So far there is no warping and its so smooth when i walk on it.

Those interested could PM me for his contacts. ;)

Hi firehorse,

I'm still thinking to start off a T blog.

May do so when I'm more free. Reno now at the 70% stage.

Busy with some other things also.

U may have seen my contractor when you were walking to your block.

He always downstair one when sembawang green started off.

But now no more liao. Cos he too busy with my house.

just a note my house got no ID or 3D drawings.

We self designed. Cos contractor mah.

Oh, also my entire house switch has been changed to clipsal Zencelo switches.

Wife wanted those switches. After seeing the house the contractor brought us to view.