Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jo54anne

When Is The Best Time To Look For Contactor?

Hi i'm new here..

i've havnt recd my BTO key yet.. as per HBD, its stated the completion date will be ard Sept..

i'm wondering, if now i starts to look for contractor or ID will it be too early too kaisu? :P

by the way, my love nest will be at fernvale courts, anyone staying near there? :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi i'm new here..

i've havnt recd my BTO key yet.. as per HBD, its stated the completion date will be ard Sept..

i'm wondering, if now i starts to look for contractor or ID will it be too early too kaisu? :P

by the way, my love nest will be at fernvale courts, anyone staying near there? :)

At least two to three mth before...

Hi i'm new here..

the momemt u got hold of the floor plan!!!

yeah as soon as possible, becoz sourcing and asking around for quotations from ID and contractors takes a lot of time. roughly about 1 to 2 mths to filter out if possible.

so u think getting a ready made wardrobe or a custom made (built in) is better?

erm.. i think, of i'm getting a built in wardrobe, if one day i plan to change it.. it will be abit troublesome..as i need to hack it...

unlike those ready made, can be remove or shift to anywhere.. :P

really headache.. hai...

Can source already lah.

Get more quote and compare.

It is tiring and given the time you have, it is better to do it now...to spread out so that you wont feel stress out.

1 point you MUST do:

1) What you want. Make a list of what you want. Think carefully and list down what you want. eg) Mable floor? Granite floor, Laminate floor? Kitchen top granite? Solid top? etc....

Then use the same list and source for quotation. Of course with you floor plan lah.

Enjoy and process and have fun.

Good luck!

Hi i'm new here..

so u think getting a ready made wardrobe or a custom made (built in) is better?

erm.. i think, of i'm getting a built in wardrobe, if one day i plan to change it.. it will be abit troublesome..as i need to hack it...

unlike those ready made, can be remove or shift to anywhere.. :P

really headache.. hai...

Thought about this before....

Built-in wardrobe is a better utilization of space, so you won't have gaps between that accumulates lizard poops. Also it can better match the design you have in your room as you can customize the laminate, etc.

Ready-made ones are cheaper and more mobile. But if you get those that are pretty large (to maximize space) it is not going to be easy to move them around the house, especially from rooms to rooms.

but then, i seriously doubt they will really honour 25 yrs of guarantee lor....

Don't think ikea will want to japardise their reputation.

I'm looking for a contractor to do my kitchen and toilets...but then it seemed that the famous Ah Soon and Mr Yeat is so fully booked for the next coming months.

Anyone can recommend other good contractor?

just to check>> i am getting my resale flat's 1st appt on 13 Aug...

We think we might have filter out the ID firms that we want and the price we can afford.

Is it advisable for me to sign a ID package (design + reno) now (b4 my 1st appt)_?

I scare something might cock up for my 1st appt leh...then wat will happen to the ID $$$