Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
saj

Stove Must Be Higher Than Sink (or Vice Versa)

Anyone heard of this before? Some elders told me i should get my contractor to fix one of the section higher than the other...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anyone heard of this before? Some elders told me i should get my contractor to fix one of the section higher than the other...

Stove higher than sink…

Saying is if water is higher than fire, the water will put out the fire..

Stove higher than sink…

Saying is if water is higher than fire, the water will put out the fire..

So what if fire is higher than water?

i think this theory comes from hexagram 64.

Hexagram 64 未濟 Wei ji - Before Completion

Fire over Water Caution, regeneration, Potential, Clarity. During regenerative times such as these there is intense pressure to succeed but, to get anywhere worthwhile, you need to proceed cautiously and with firm dedication to higher principles.

im not very well versed in iching, but above are the meanings of the hexagrams.

So what if fire is higher than water?
Edited by felixwong

i think this theory comes from hexagram 64.

Hexagram 64 未濟 Wei ji - Before Completion

Fire over Water Caution, regeneration, Potential, Clarity. During regenerative times such as these there is intense pressure to succeed but, to get anywhere worthwhile, you need to proceed cautiously and with firm dedication to higher principles.

im not very well versed in iching, but above are the meanings of the hexagrams.

For me also not very well verse....

If wei ji sounds better then 既济, then you are suggesting its better to have stove higher than sink? Any practical reason?

People around me telling me to do the higher than each other positioning for better luck but no one can explain. Thanks felixwong though it's quite chim.

hmmm.. most kitchen tops nowadays are fixed with 1 pc solid top right?

Will need to discuss with contractor if he has any ideas to position the stove higher than the sink.

People around me telling me to do the higher than each other positioning for better luck but no one can explain. Thanks felixwong though it's quite chim.

Will need to discuss with contractor if he has any ideas to position the stove higher than the sink.

Simple solution... just make everything the same level... then you won't have to worry so much about which must be higher than the other.

As a gua, 水火既济 is auspicious. It can mean good combination, wishes fulfilled and so on. Better check with a proper master.

What you are referring to is the Form School of FengShui, where it focuses on the positioning of your furnishings. I think this only contributes to a very small percentage to good fengshui. What matters most is your sink, fridge and stove's position and their respective direction so that the fire and water element don't clash with one another. Most importantly, if you are doing a kitchen renovation now, it's best to get your stove's position right. The more critical FengShui is to look at your house's star chart because these stars have an influence over our lives.

It is actually very tough to follow every principle in this modern era, some of which needs to be compromised for practicality.

Heard my FS master said that there are a few things to consider. Like positioning, form meaning, chi etc.

hi bro,

if you are talking abt practicality, then maybe on the same level would be better...

as for trigram 63, i think why its not advisable is because it means completed. 火灭了 bcoz its a trigram with water over fire mah...

trigram 64 is before completion, which means the start of a new family, and to be cautious in the future when cooking, as the story talks about a fox crossing a river with its tail upright careful not to wet its own tail...

i'm just learning but i'll ask my master... if i can get an answer, i'll post it :)

then we can learn together :) how abt that?

For me also not very well verse....

If wei ji sounds better then 既济, then you are suggesting its better to have stove higher than sink? Any practical reason?

Edited by felixwong

Just to clarify, me newbie in FS thinie

Very interested but no deep knowledge, if there’s any mistake in my reply/post, please let me know.

We can all learn from here..

Errrr..as for the sink and stove same level, I thin it’s quite difficult.

Coz most if not all stove comes with a temper glass or metal casing, thus, it actually elevates the stove by 1 cm or so…

Thus, even it it’s one solid top or similar, considering the elevation, stove should be consider higher even when it’s on the same one pc top.

Anyone can confirm if this is correct or pa-kay for stove higher than sink?

Just to clarify, me newbie in FS thinie

Very interested but no deep knowledge, if there’s any mistake in my reply/post, please let me know.

We can all learn from here..

Errrr..as for the sink and stove same level, I thin it’s quite difficult.

Coz most if not all stove comes with a temper glass or metal casing, thus, it actually elevates the stove by 1 cm or so…

Thus, even it it’s one solid top or similar, considering the elevation, stove should be consider higher even when it’s on the same one pc top.

Anyone can confirm if this is correct or pa-kay for stove higher than sink?

Understand your situation. I think shouldn't overly anxious about it unless its too close together. Whether one is higher than the other or not, its all about balancing. Whether it comes out a gua call 既济 或 未济 also have to depend on other factors.

Just imagine, water come out from tap....is higher than stove. Water reach basin hole....it is lower than than stove.

If water basin and stove not side by side, how can we talk about "gua"?

fair enuff on the gua portion kekeke...

but anyway, the rules to follow on the stove placement would be,

1. no stove in the NW sector( 天门 )

2. no stove to be directly facing the door.

3. 2 feets of clearance between the stove and sink is minimum criteria...

pls correct me if im wrong or add on if i have missed something... :)

Understand your situation. I think shouldn't overly anxious about it unless its too close together. Whether one is higher than the other or not, its all about balancing. Whether it comes out a gua call 既济 或 未济 also have to depend on other factors.

Just imagine, water come out from tap....is higher than stove. Water reach basin hole....it is lower than than stove.

If water basin and stove not side by side, how can we talk about "gua"?