Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

rdnest! Ur cookies look so great! I'm thinking of doing those for xmas too. Is the royal icing hard to use, and roughly how long did it take to set? I read that it took quite awhile to set woh.

Me did my icing in dining area w aircon. so the icing take abt 30min to harden on surface (but cannot press on, inside still soft) complete dry will take a day :)

me use normal icing bag. Royal icing when wet is like buttercream icing - soft paste like.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
a questions to all...what do you use to put icing on the cookies or cupcakes? esp Rdnest can enlighten me how you do the fine details?

for cupcake, I use open star tip (big one, I think #47) & normal icing bag.

squeeze in circular motion

for cookie, me just snip off a tiny bit of the icing bag tip for outline & writing.

snip off more to get bigger tip for piping.

hope it helps :)

Me did my icing in dining area w aircon. so the icing take abt 30min to harden on surface (but cannot press on, inside still soft) complete dry will take a day :)

me use normal icing bag. Royal icing when wet is like buttercream icing - soft paste like.

Alamak, then mine will sure take ages to set & dry liao. Cuz I dun have a/c downstairs. :(

Alamak, then mine will sure take ages to set & dry liao. Cuz I dun have a/c downstairs. :(

or u could bring up to ur bedrm & blow aircon :P

ehehhehee.. joking

think u can still use electric fan bah.

hi all

does anyone know whether there's any KitchenAid sale coming up soon?

Also does anyone use a marble worktop/slab to do their pastries given how hot and humid this country can be? I'm thinking of getting one but I'm not sure where to find one. Can I just buy a regular marble slab and use it or are there 'specific' ones for pastries?

or u could bring up to ur bedrm & blow aircon :P

ehehhehee.. joking

think u can still use electric fan bah.

Hee, then my whole rm will have cookies smell. I dun mind if it's vanilla smell though! :P

Yah, bobian gota use electric fan loh. Abit scare wait leave outside too long, the pests will come or my cookies will "lao hong". Think must try one dae b4 xmas. :P

Hee, then my whole rm will have cookies smell. I dun mind if it's vanilla smell though! :P

Yah, bobian gota use electric fan loh. Abit scare wait leave outside too long, the pests will come or my cookies will "lao hong". Think must try one dae b4 xmas. :P

U r rite abt the loa hong... me baked my cookies abit longer, abit more brown.

Longer u bake, cookies get more crisp & dry & last longer.

but afterall it is cookie, not biscuit. so can't expect it to be crispy like the latter...

looking fwd to ur creation soon :)

U r rite abt the loa hong... me baked my cookies abit longer, abit more brown.

Longer u bake, cookies get more crisp & dry & last longer.

but afterall it is cookie, not biscuit. so can't expect it to be crispy like the latter...

looking fwd to ur creation soon :)

Oh that's a very good tip! Thanks for that. I'll try to bake them slightly longer. :)

thanks rdnest!! went to wilton website...they have lots of ideas and recipes....

make me feel like trying them out....

BTW anyone got famous amos cookies recips?

Edited by preciousjam

weiwei,hope to see your new creation and post it to share with everyone here! :P

haha i m just a beginner of baking lol.... but of course can share some if u all dun mind =P

Almond Sponge cupcake:)

Photo0112.jpg

spongecupcake2.jpg

i bake sponge cupcake last week.. quite a good trying :) the result is stunning good, the cake is so soft & moist... my family like it ... happy & very satisfied with the outcome :)

** working now :P will post the recipe tonite :D

Ingredients:

4 eggs

100 gm cake flour

100 gm castor sugar

12 gm spongecake stabliser

25 gm milk

90 gm melted butter

** Almond flake (optional)

*** i add in some baked almond flake in batter too :)

Methods:

Put all the ingredients except the melted butter into a mixing bowl.

Beat everything on high for at least 7 mins until ribbon stage. This means that if you use your whisk with batter to write an "8" on the batter won't sink in but will appear visible for a while. This will be the right constitency for your batter. Add in melted butter at this stage and mix in thoroughly.

Line some muffin cups & pour batter into the lined cups abt 3/4 full and bake it in a preheated oven at 190C for about 20 mins.

Enjoy baking!!

Edited by weiwei

Oh!! :jawdrop: My god!!!looks sooo nice,and from the look of it,it looks so soft!!!

Hmm...must be a lot of whipping lor.

The paper u use very familiar,i think some cake shop also using!

wow!!!u can side line and sell lah!!!! :yamseng:

hahaha... thanks!! but not so kua zhang la..=P i bought the paper cup from phoon huat.. i think i visit them almost every week:)kiasu

actually quite easy step for this cupcake..poul everything n whip for 7mins!! everybody can do it:) i will post the recipe n baking method tonite..:):yamseng:

hahaha... thanks!! but not so kua zhang la..=P i bought the paper cup from phoon huat.. i think i visit them almost every week:)kiasu

actually quite easy step for this cupcake..poul everything n whip for 7mins!! everybody can do it:) i will post the recipe n baking method tonite..:):yamseng:

The sponge cupcakes look great! Looking fwd to your recipe tonite. :P

yes yes recipe please...looks great/.....just bake pizza, garlic bread and make cream soup for the kids...and scallops for my daddy...

will ta pau to his place for makan...yummy!!!

Baked some carrot cupcakes for a friend's birthday last night. 1st time doing the icing which was a bit messy but very fun. Got a tip from one of the forumer's posting here and watch youtube on how icing is done! :)

My first cupcake attempt

carrotcake.jpg

yes yes recipe please...looks great/.....just bake pizza, garlic bread and make cream soup for the kids...and scallops for my daddy...

will ta pau to his place for makan...yummy!!!

I also did pizza recently! :D So shiok to be able to make pizza at home. Going to try to bake bread since got alot of bread flour. :P

Baked some carrot cupcakes for a friend's birthday last night. 1st time doing the icing which was a bit messy but very fun. Got a tip from one of the forumer's posting here and watch youtube on how icing is done! :)

My first cupcake attempt

Wah... Just ur first attempt and they look so great liao. Can just imagine the pretty creations u'll come up with in future. :thumbs up: