Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
melvin also baking king? :unsure:

can show us any of your creation here? :P

haha i cant bake for nuts... but then i can cook....though i havent cooked for a really long time...

hi, anyone know where hav good baking class to join? i m free recently n intend to join a baking class to improve my skill.. hehe

thanks for sharing!!

regards

weiwei

Hello all,

Been a long while since I'd last posted in here. Made kueh lapis for the 2nd time - 1st attempt

wasn't a pretty sight as the layers weren't defined properly.

Never realised kueh lapis would require so many eggs! Quite fattening and probably the reason

why kueh lapis is expensive to buy.

bunbun2.th.jpgbunbun.th.jpgbunbun1.th.jpg

Edited by BunBun

No leh, I'm not a queen lol. I only am learning the art of kueh lapis slowly. :D

Definitely, baking with different types of ingredients makes us think about the amount used in bakeries.

wow!can make lapis somemore!u really genius!!!baking queen of RT beside Angel!hehe..

I used to love Lapis alot untill i know the amt of eggs and butter they use!I seldom indulge myself in lapis anymore!hahaha..

Only very occasionally...

So,baking makes us realised what is the main ingredient use different pastry.Shocking indeed! :P

pls advise what is a good (ie end result successful) oven for baking? am looking around for one, less than $550. from my experience, i find that the bigger capacity my oven, the better my pastries turn out.

anyone tried baby belling before? the capacity is abit small though.

Baby Belling is a good oven - they have bigger ovens but it should be the older models if im not mistaken.

Assuming that you're looking for portable ovens than built in ovens, then what kind of capacity you require for your oven as portable ones seldom come in any bigger size than built-in ones.

Any baking kakis can recommend for bigger capacity ovens?

pls advise what is a good (ie end result successful) oven for baking? am looking around for one, less than $550. from my experience, i find that the bigger capacity my oven, the better my pastries turn out.

anyone tried baby belling before? the capacity is abit small though.

Baby Belling is a good oven - they have bigger ovens but it should be the older models if im not mistaken.

Assuming that you're looking for portable ovens than built in ovens, then what kind of capacity you require for your oven as portable ones seldom come in any bigger size than built-in ones.

Any baking kakis can recommend for bigger capacity ovens?

i am open to having built-in and portable ovens, as long as the end results are consistently good. would appreciate any recommendations from fellow baking kakis. thank you.

Hi Angel,

You can do it too! The time taken to layer it by layer is 1 hour - around the same time taken for a cheescake to bake in the oven. Each layer takes 6-7mins to grill with the exception of the top layer which takes 15 min to bake till golden brown. So it's not that bad.

Hi BunBun,

Your lapis looks good! Hehe, I think I won't have the patience to do layer by layer. :bow:

Built-in ovens are slightly over your budget - in the range of 500++ to 800+. Some even upwards 1k. Ariston built in ovens are good, a number of forumers have ariston ovens. For portable ovens, I'm not too sure which is the biggest capacity oven in the market now.

i am open to having built-in and portable ovens, as long as the end results are consistently good. would appreciate any recommendations from fellow baking kakis. thank you.

Hi Angel,

You can do it too! The time taken to layer it by layer is 1 hour - around the same time taken for a cheescake to bake in the oven. Each layer takes 6-7mins to grill with the exception of the top layer which takes 15 min to bake till golden brown. So it's not that bad.

Haha nah. Cheesecake can just put in the oven and leave it there for that hour, only need to go there occasionally to check. Lapis will be working the whole hour.

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread. Funny how I've been lurking in this forum 2 years ago during my hse reno, but never seen this thread.

I love to bake, and am happy to see so many pple here share the same hobby.

I have my baking blog at www.mybakingblog.blogspot.com. Look forward to be sharing tips and info with you :good:

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread. Funny how I've been lurking in this forum 2 years ago during my hse reno, but never seen this thread.

I love to bake, and am happy to see so many pple here share the same hobby.

I have my baking blog at www.mybakingblog.blogspot.com. Look forward to be sharing tips and info with you :good:

You bake such amazing looking cakes i gotta know what oven you use! Let me know the brand and capacity please. Am planning to get one soon. Thanks!

Hi Honeygal, thanks!

I use a Tefal 26L tabletop oven (mine is the old model w/o fan). It's been serving me very well but it can a be a bit small sometimes so lately I also purchased a Delonghi tabletop oven. I can't remember the model, but the outside is stainless steel, it usually retails for abt $599 at Best Denki. That is the biggest tabletop oven I can find.

Hi Rondy,

Not so kua zhang, compete with breadtalk? I'm still far from expert!I really love to bake though, and recently just feel a little more confident to take a few orders from home, but still very far from the professionals, still honing my skills.

I have tried a chocolate chiffon cake, the recipe is here. It's from another blogger. The texture is nice, though I would prefer the flavour to be pandan flavour. If you try her pandan flavour one, share with us on the outcome?

Hi Honeygal, thanks!

I use a Tefal 26L tabletop oven (mine is the old model w/o fan). It's been serving me very well but it can a be a bit small sometimes so lately I also purchased a Delonghi tabletop oven. I can't remember the model, but the outside is stainless steel, it usually retails for abt $599 at Best Denki. That is the biggest tabletop oven I can find.

Hi Rondy,

Not so kua zhang, compete with breadtalk? I'm still far from expert!I really love to bake though, and recently just feel a little more confident to take a few orders from home, but still very far from the professionals, still honing my skills.

I have tried a chocolate chiffon cake, the recipe is here. It's from another blogger. The texture is nice, though I would prefer the flavour to be pandan flavour. If you try her pandan flavour one, share with us on the outcome?

from your experience, how different are the results from the Tefal 26L and Delonghhi ovens? which would you recommend in terms of 'results'? does having the fan impact the quality of the cakes? i would go with your recommend coz just looking at your cakes, i now know i don't need a fancy $1k oven to get such beautiful cakes! thanks!!