Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Hi ynove,

I think I saw at PH Holland V. Maybe u can call them before making a trip there. Or try Sia Huat too? They might have since they supply to lots of hotels and restaurants.

Ya I think you can bake in a single pan, but it will take longer, so have to monitor it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I found a cake leveller at Bake It Yourself... i think that'll work well with cutting my whole cake into a layered half!

Hi ynove,

I think I saw at PH Holland V. Maybe u can call them before making a trip there. Or try Sia Huat too? They might have since they supply to lots of hotels and restaurants.

Ya I think you can bake in a single pan, but it will take longer, so have to monitor it.

Hi, I need suggestions from the baking experts here on which electric mixer should I get, Kenwood, Kitchen Aid etc.

I wonder if anyone have any experience with the Kenwood Prospero KM266, as Kenwood having a offer on it for $499?

I'm into baking cookies, muffins, making pizza dough and bread. I'd burnt one or two cheaper mixers trying to make icecream.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi, I need suggestions from the baking experts here on which electric mixer should I get, Kenwood, Kitchen Aid etc.

I wonder if anyone have any experience with the Kenwood Prospero KM266, as Kenwood having a offer on it for $499?

I'm into baking cookies, muffins, making pizza dough and bread. I'd burnt one or two cheaper mixers trying to make icecream.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi Powder Blue,

I've a kitchenaid KSM150 and it is a super workhorse.

I have heard that Kenwood is more "powerful" but I've not used it before, so I can't comment on this area.

But I personally find the splashguard of the Kitchenaid rather useless, and I like the Kenwood's splashguard more (especially when you beat lots of icing sugar and don't want them flying around). Between the 2, the KA has bigger capacity though.

Having said these, both brands have their own fans and I've not heard anyone's KW or KA burning out on them.

Long time never post in RT

Saw the recent posts on mixers.

If anyone wants to get a good, heavy duty mixer - I will recommend Buffalo Product as it is cheaper than kitchenaid or kenwood by a few hundred.

The bowl volume is 4.1L (Kitchenaid/Kenwood's about 4.8L I think) & according to my mum who's been using buffalo products for as long as 5-10 years, they are definitely lasting and good, in addition to a few other's good comments on buffalo products.

I remember that I promised a few forumers in here to put up pictures of the buffalo mixer if I got it, so here are the promised pictures.

photo0003z.jpgphoto0004rn.jpgphoto0005z.jpg

photo0006um.jpgphoto0007xs.jpg

photo0008i.jpgphoto0009zo.jpg

IMHO, the mixer is very heavy to carry - definitely a heavyweight and using it is a breeze. My next target shall be the buffalo blender :notti: :notti:

Side track here, I wish everyone 中秋节快乐 in advance in case I am not online.

My mooncake bakes : Chocolate mooncakes & Vegetarian mooncakes

photo0069t.jpgphoto00711.jpg

Yam Snowskin Mooncakes

photo00701.jpg

Edited by BunBun

Long time never post in RT

Saw the recent posts on mixers.

If anyone wants to get a good, heavy duty mixer - I will recommend Buffalo Product as it is cheaper than kitchenaid or kenwood by a few hundred.

The bowl volume is 4.1L (Kitchenaid/Kenwood's about 4.8L I think) & according to my mum who's been using buffalo products for as long as 5-10 years, they are definitely lasting and good, in addition to a few other's good comments on buffalo products.

I remember that I promised a few forumers in here to put up pictures of the buffalo mixer if I got it, so here are the promised pictures.

photo0003z.jpgphoto0004rn.jpgphoto0005z.jpg

photo0006um.jpgphoto0007xs.jpg

Hi Bunbun, mind sharing how much u bought this mixer? does this buffalo mixer come with bowl cover? **bcos dun see any cover on the photo.. i keen to hav a gd mixer which u mention "kitchenaid".. but i know buffalo product also quite gd bcos my mum using it too =p

thanks

regards

weiwei

Hi~~ everyone ^_^ i really love baking too~~ This is one of the cake that i made and share in a forum and my page on FB~~~ Hope you all will like it :P

If you like, u can also visit & like my page on FB. Thanks a lot

http://www.facebook.com/pages/wen-wen-de-c...an/259618853801

蜜糖麦片蛋糕 Honey Cereal Cake

92488064.jpg

材料 A:

牛油 240g

幼糖 180g

蜜糖 1汤匙

69983050.jpg

材料 B:

幼麦片 50g

自发面粉 200g

牛奶 150ml

鸡蛋 4粒

另外再另外准备适量的幼麦片,洒在蛋糕糊上作装饰用的。

37109656.jpg

1. 将所有的 A料放入搅拌碗里搅打至松软

70629542.jpg

2. 这是把所有 A料打至松软的样子。

18387595.jpg

3. 逐粒加入蛋,每加入一粒蛋需搅拌均匀至呈淇淋状。

85553957.jpg

4. 这是把所有的蛋逐粒加入后,完全搅拌均匀的样子。

14624225.jpg

5. 加入 50 g 的幼麦片用刮刀或搅拌棒用手轻轻的搅拌均匀。

82639935.jpg

6. 将面粉及牛奶分成三份,逐份的将面粉筛入及把牛奶水加入。 每加入一份就必须要用刮刀轻轻的搅拌均匀才可加入第二份

11547191.jpg

7. 这是把所有的面粉及牛奶加入后搅拌均匀的样子。

91654263.png

8. 把面糊倒入一个已经铺上油纸/蛋糕纸及抹上油的 22 公分的方形盘或圆形盘内。把中间的面糊稍微往旁边推,让中间呈一个浅浅的凹洞。这么做可以让烘好的蛋糕保持表面美观,不会中间凸起来的

66990948.jpg

9. 用适量的幼麦片洒在面糊上,覆盖整个蛋糕以做装饰用。烘出来的蛋糕,你会发现上面那层麦片经过烘烤后,香香脆脆的,非常好吃。洒满整个蛋糕后,最好用汤匙稍微轻轻的压一压,让麦片粘得比较稳固一点。

65690986.jpg

10. 放入已预热的烤箱里,用热风对流摄氏 180 的火度烘 45 分钟至金黄色及熟。这是已经烘出来的蛋糕,好香哦。。。。我比较喜欢热热吃这个蛋糕,因为麦片会好脆哦。。

PM-ed you. =)

Hi Bunbun, mind sharing how much u bought this mixer? does this buffalo mixer come with bowl cover? **bcos dun see any cover on the photo.. i keen to hav a gd mixer which u mention "kitchenaid".. but i know buffalo product also quite gd bcos my mum using it too =p

thanks

regards

weiwei

gotta revive this very useful and informative thread~ :)

to all baking experts - any recommendation on where i can get affordable baking tools?

wanna try out baking first so dun wanna invest in very good (read: expensive) ones for the time being... thanks~ :lol:

to all baking experts - any recommendation on where i can get affordable baking tools?

wanna try out baking first so dun wanna invest in very good (read: expensive) ones for the time being... thanks~ :lol:

wah, reading RT so long but never realise got this thread. Marsh, you are very good in digging up info!

why not try phoon huat? they have most of the tools, very reasonably priced too. they also run demo and hands on classes at sims drive if you are keen n have the time.

for ingredients, try phoon huat

for hardware (not the machines though), try Tott store