Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Bun Bun

your mango cake looks yummy!

I also join in .. just did this, wanted to post it before i hit the bed ..

DSC02177.jpg

so cute~ :) your family is very lucky leh... you bake so many goodies for them :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Marshmallow: Actually the recipe can be found in Rondy's blog, between pages 20-24 since I remember that I took alot of time to look back through rondy's blog for that recipe. Yes I still have her recipe. Can pm me your email add if you want?

May: Thank you, Newnyew's cheesecake is the original! In fact it was her rose design that I tried to do copy.

BunBun, your memory is really good... is this the one?

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=406242

newnyew's photos all cannot see liao... so can't tell if this is the same cheesecake :(

btw, i have 2 questions:

1) do you all use electric mixer to beat the cream cheese? or use hand to beat with a spatula or something?

2) i read somewhere that they use food processor to crush digestive biscuit for the base. is that how you crush it also?

Marshmallow: Yes this is the recipe. Her cheesecake photo was posted in the animal party thread started by preciousjam about 2 years ago. Not sure if it is still around in RT. You might want to do a search for it.

For cream cheese, I use a electric mixer. But for better results, its best to beat the cream cheese when its at its room temperature. If the cream cheese has been taken out from the fridge, you have to leave the cream cheese in the open for 4 hours to let it return to room temperature. Its also easier to beat the cheese till creamy.

For digestive biscuits, food processor or blender that has a blade attachment to crush or mince food ingredients. Back then when I baked this cheesecake, I used to pound the biscuits sealed in a ziplock bag inside a pestle mortar, then crush the biscuits finely.

BunBun, your memory is really good... is this the one?

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=406242

newnyew's photos all cannot see liao... so can't tell if this is the same cheesecake :(

btw, i have 2 questions:

1) do you all use electric mixer to beat the cream cheese? or use hand to beat with a spatula or something?

2) i read somewhere that they use food processor to crush digestive biscuit for the base. is that how you crush it also?

Froggy: Thank you, but its not mango. It's peach decorated actually.

Your cake looks very good! What cake is it and how did you do the chocolate around the edges?

Bun bun

it's actually quite easy. Just place a long strip (strip should be longer than cake circumference) of plastic sheet on a piece of greaseproof paper. Pipe the pattern on plastic. Pick up the plastic sheet and leave to dry (either on table or fridge).When it is almost set, wrap sheet round cake (of course cake must be iced already at this stage). The choc will stick on the icing. Once the choc is harden, peel plastic off.

and well, the picture says it all - it's a lemon mousse.

For digestive biscuits, food processor or blender that has a blade attachment to crush or mince food ingredients. Back then when I baked this cheesecake, I used to pound the biscuits sealed in a ziplock bag inside a pestle mortar, then crush the biscuits finely.

or a simplier way - put biscuit in plastic bag, then roll over with rolling pin. If you want very very fine, just keep rolling till your desired consistency

Froggy, Thanks! :bow:

The choc, is melted choc right?

Bun bun

it's actually quite easy. Just place a long strip (strip should be longer than cake circumference) of plastic sheet on a piece of greaseproof paper. Pipe the pattern on plastic. Pick up the plastic sheet and leave to dry (either on table or fridge).When it is almost set, wrap sheet round cake (of course cake must be iced already at this stage). The choc will stick on the icing. Once the choc is harden, peel plastic off.

and well, the picture says it all - it's a lemon mousse.

From outside into the centre. If you arrange from centre out, have to make a circle fomation with the peach slices like a rose bud fomation - but the peach slices have to be thinly sliced so that can hold up till you finish outward.. Newnyew's slices were thin compared to my thick peach slices.

Bun bun

want to ask you - for the peaches, do you arrange from centre out, or from outside into the centre?

Froggy, Thanks! :bow:

The choc, is melted choc rig

ht?

yup, melt choc, put in piping bag, make small hole. Make sure hole is small, unless you want chunky patterns, which imo, not nice.

From outside into the centre. If you arrange from centre out, have to make a circle fomation with the peach slices like a rose bud fomation - but the peach slices have to be thinly sliced so that can hold up till you finish outward.. Newnyew's slices were thin compared to my thick peach slices.

thanks bun bun!

btw why yr nic so cute - you like to make bun ah?

Marshmallow: Yes this is the recipe. Her cheesecake photo was posted in the animal party thread started by preciousjam about 2 years ago. Not sure if it is still around in RT. You might want to do a search for it.

For cream cheese, I use a electric mixer. But for better results, its best to beat the cream cheese when its at its room temperature. If the cream cheese has been taken out from the fridge, you have to leave the cream cheese in the open for 4 hours to let it return to room temperature. Its also easier to beat the cheese till creamy.

or a simplier way - put biscuit in plastic bag, then roll over with rolling pin. If you want very very fine, just keep rolling till your desired consistency

all newnyew's photos now cannot display leh... "image unavailable".... hmmmm dunno why :(

anyway, thanks for the tips :) last time i took out the cheese for around 1+ hr only... need 4 hours? next time i'll leave it longer :) do you cut the cheese to cubes before mixing?

my blender comes with 2 attachments: blender and mill. i supposed the one you're refering to is the mill? don't quite know how to use this thing yet :(

but the plastic bag method sounds easy... no need to wash blender hahahahaha :lol:

btw i forgot to ask... when you mix butter and stuff to the crushed biscuit, also use electric mixer or use hand to blend?

Bun bun

wah... that sounds like a lot of work! :bow:

wowlau!u all really good lor,shocked me that my blog also kena bring up ah,tot history liao,haha..

i really cant remember the receipe lor.even preciousjam also bring up to talk ah?!hahah..salute!!

really good memory lor.talk like old friends,haha :bow:

where got history... it's not so long ago only :lol:

must consolidate the vast baking resources of RT to here mah... hahaha ;)

Froggy: I see, thanks for the tip1 :) My nick ah, no la its an endearing nick between me and my other half :notti: It can be also short form for BUNNY! :P

ht?

yup, melt choc, put in piping bag, make small hole. Make sure hole is small, unless you want chunky patterns, which imo, not nice.

thanks bun bun!

btw why yr nic so cute - you like to make bun ah?

Rondy: :P 2 years only - can still remember we talk alot about food in here.

wowlau!u all really good lor,shocked me that my blog also kena bring up ah,tot history liao,haha..

i really cant remember the receipe lor.even preciousjam also bring up to talk ah?!hahah..salute!!

really good memory lor.talk like old friends,haha :bow:

Marshmallow: the photos was posted 2 years ago, think photobucket does not keep pics for long considering it is a free application. I don't cut the cheese to cubes, I just dump the whole block of cheese. I think it is the mill, you got to check and see if can mince food ingredients before you attempt to use digestive biscuits in it. For butter part, no don't need mixer or blender. Just mix the melted butter with the crushed biscuits till you don't see any sign of butter liao.

all newnyew's photos now cannot display leh... "image unavailable".... hmmmm dunno why :(

anyway, thanks for the tips :) last time i took out the cheese for around 1+ hr only... need 4 hours? next time i'll leave it longer :) do you cut the cheese to cubes before mixing?

my blender comes with 2 attachments: blender and mill. i supposed the one you're refering to is the mill? don't quite know how to use this thing yet :(

but the plastic bag method sounds easy... no need to wash blender hahahahaha :lol:

btw i forgot to ask... when you mix butter and stuff to the crushed biscuit, also use electric mixer or use hand to blend?

Froggy: I see, thanks for the tip1 :) My nick ah, no la its an endearing nick between me and my other half :notti: It can be also short form for BUNNY! :P

Marshmallow: the photos was posted 2 years ago, think photobucket does not keep pics for long considering it is a free application. I don't cut the cheese to cubes, I just dump the whole block of cheese. I think it is the mill, you got to check and see if can mince food ingredients before you attempt to use digestive biscuits in it. For butter part, no don't need mixer or blender. Just mix the melted butter with the crushed biscuits till you don't see any sign of butter liao.

so this year is your year cos it's BUNNY year :lol:

i used hand to mix the biscuit and butter last time (since i didn't have a mixer then :P), just wondering if it was "well mixed" enough :unsure:

LOL no le, just a mushy form of calling each other :P

Better use spoon to mix the biscuit and butter, as long as butter 'disappear' or absorbed by the biscuits, it is already mixed. :)

so this year is your year cos it's BUNNY year :lol:

i used hand to mix the biscuit and butter last time (since i didn't have a mixer then :P), just wondering if it was "well mixed" enough :unsure: