Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can use the pan you mention - I have a few pans with removable bottoms in smaller sizes and 2 springform pans in bigger sizes but have hardly used the springform pans for my cheesecakes 'coz too big and need to find a suitable tray to put the pans in it. :P

You need to wrap the bottom with aluminium foil to prevent water going in - you don't want a soft bottom cheesecake

hahahaha.... :lol:

btw, must i use a springform pan for cheesecake? i only have one that the bottom can take out one, but not the sides... hmmmm you get what i mean?

Edited by BunBun

You can use the pan you mention - I have a few pans with removable bottoms in smaller sizes and 2 springform pans in bigger sizes but have hardly used the springform pans for my cheesecakes 'coz too big and need to find a suitable tray to put the pans in it. :P

You need to wrap the bottom with aluminium foil to prevent water going in - you don't want a soft bottom cheesecake

yea, i noticed that springform pans come in bigger sizes, so i got a small removable bottom one... else can never finish the cake niah~ :lol:

oh but if i dun bake with water bath, still better to wrap?

I wouldn't advise on not baking without a water bath as it will dry up the cheesecake in the oven - you won't find it good then

A water bath is meant to ensure the temperature is even in the oven and enable the cheesecake not to dry up.

Otherwise, you might consider going for a no bake cheesecake instead.

yea, i noticed that springform pans come in bigger sizes, so i got a small removable bottom one... else can never finish the cake niah~ :lol:

oh but if i dun bake with water bath, still better to wrap?

I wouldn't advise on not baking without a water bath as it will dry up the cheesecake in the oven - you won't find it good then

A water bath is meant to ensure the temperature is even in the oven and enable the cheesecake not to dry up.

Otherwise, you might consider going for a no bake cheesecake instead.

oh i see.... my last attempt on cheesecake was without a water bath cos the recipes never mentioned about it.... just get to read about water bath yesterday :unsure: maybe i'm not fuzzy about food so i don't notice any problem in taste/texture of the cake at all.... hahahaha :P

Some cheese recipes does not call for waterbath while others require waterbath. As long as waterbath is mentioned in the recipe, you just need to follow recipe and sometimes can adapt to your liking.

:)

oh i see.... my last attempt on cheesecake was without a water bath cos the recipes never mentioned about it.... just get to read about water bath yesterday :unsure: maybe i'm not fuzzy about food so i don't notice any problem in taste/texture of the cake at all.... hahahaha :P

Some cheese recipes does not call for waterbath while others require waterbath. As long as waterbath is mentioned in the recipe, you just need to follow recipe and sometimes can adapt to your liking.

:)

BunBun thanks for your explanation as usual... you're our resident baking consultant :lol:

oh i see... so far those recipe i looked at didn't say anything about water bath... or they assume that you will use one anyway? hahaha i dunno leh~

Me as consultant? No la, I'm not qualified 'cos still an amateur at baking. Even my piping skills are lacking in alot of ways since I don't bake frequently. The only good thing I'm good at is baked cheesecake partly because I kept trying so many times to perfect the baked cheesecake version. LOL! Ironic hor? I never eat cheesecake much last time, much less bake one also.

I can only answer with my limited knowledge in baking though :)

BunBun thanks for your explanation as usual... you're our resident baking consultant :lol:

oh i see... so far those recipe i looked at didn't say anything about water bath... or they assume that you will use one anyway? hahaha i dunno leh~

Hi all,

I need some advice on oven, not sur if im posting at the right place..im looking for a counter top oven that can do conventional & convectional baking. Im using to bake cookies, cakes & pastries. If possible if it can also do multi layer baking. Im currently using Tefal OV1002 which sux as its heat in inconsistent and i keep needing to turn my trays. Hope to get help from here. And 1 more thing, wondering if anyone has tried Delonghi ovens -is it good?

hahaha... the shops are at Nam Fung Centre, you know, the building with a few bridges connected to the Tsuen Wan MTR and Discovery Park.... also got a lot of handphone "ah beng" shops there hahahaha~ :)

my ex-company also, everyone that goes HK for biz trip stays in Panda Hotel~!

marshmellow,

you and rondy from hk? You are both so familiar, but I have never been there - so suaku. Next time want to go must ask you for info on thiings to do and places to go

My muffins after baked is soft,inside out,i saw those muffins shop that sell their muffins,they have crispy top and soft inside,how they did it?

ANyone can share the tips? :rolleyes:

rondy

is baking soda one of the ingredients? I think this will give crusty top

marshmellow,

you and rondy from hk? You are both so familiar, but I have never been there - so suaku. Next time want to go must ask you for info on thiings to do and places to go

yup i am :lol: rondy is not... but he worked there for a period of time (bro i remember correctly? :P)

some recent bakes to add on ..

forgot to take the completed product, this one already being attacked

DSC02251.jpgDSC02245.jpgDSC02272.jpg

wah all your cakes look so good... now i paiseh to put up my latest attempt on cheesecake hahahaha :lol:

anyway, made a mango cheesecake for hubby's birthday... first time making a round cake :P shall talk about my "encounter" next time... after i upload the photos ;)