Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

if you are using the conventional oven function, microwave is not on, unless you choose combination.

since microwave is not on, then it will just act like a normal oven and your cookie sheet can be used.

hope it helps :)

Oooh thanks! hahaha. My cookie sheet too big to put on the turntable glass, so resort to this small rectangle box (something like Saralee cake type).

My cookie is called melt-in-the-mouth cos i added corn flour (read somehwere). But i think I added too much. cos it is too melty that my hubby commented he couldnt even bite, and is gone!

Should I add less?

So exciting to bake! =))

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oooh thanks! hahaha. My cookie sheet too big to put on the turntable glass, so resort to this small rectangle box (something like Saralee cake type).

My cookie is called melt-in-the-mouth cos i added corn flour (read somehwere). But i think I added too much. cos it is too melty that my hubby commented he couldnt even bite, and is gone!

Should I add less?

So exciting to bake! =))

Hihi everyone!

I'm so excited cos i'll be collecting keys to my new flat at Jade Spring at Yishun in about two months time. I love baking so a built-in oven is the most important item. I have already decided to buy a Bosch oven. :)

I visit renotalk regularly on reno information but I don't have a t-blog cos' i have no time to maintain it. I do have a baking blog where i share recipes. I set up this blog since 2009. Feel free to visit my blog.. ;)

Edited by aimei28

Should I add less?

So exciting to bake! =))

wahaha my oven is also small la so must buy smaller tray... thank God my 3-in-1 oven doesn't have turntable... if got turntable the size of the tray will be further limited... :(

hahaha melt immediately not good mah? i thought that's why it's called "melt in the mouth" cookies? :lol:

Hihi everyone!

I'm so excited cos i'll be collecting keys to my new flat at Jade Spring at Yishun in about two months time. I love baking so a built-in oven is the most important item. I have already decided to buy a Bosch oven. :)

I visit renotalk regularly on reno information but I don't have a t-blog cos' i have no time to maintain it. I do have a baking blog where i share recipes. I set up this blog since 2009. Feel free to visit my blog.. ;)

http://mybakingcottage.blogspot.com

wooo another baking fan! thanks for sharing~ :) please continue to contribute here and educate noobs like me hahahaha~ :lol:

I thought I would post this on the baking thread rather than the ovens thread. For those of you who are regular bakers, which oven are you using and are you happy with it?

I can't decide between Bosch and Brandt oven.

I thought I would post this on the baking thread rather than the ovens thread. For those of you who are regular bakers, which oven are you using and are you happy with it?

Mine is a Panasonic 2-in-1 with convection. =)

I am trying my second set and oh my gosh... it cant even be removed frmo the pan without breaking apart! now my heart-shaped cookie looked like a wreck =(

Why is my cookie so soft.. and simply just melt in mouth?

Should I add more flour?

What can I do with the dough? =((

bro i think the oven thread is more informative with regards to oven leh.... the more experienced bakers seldom drop by recently so a bit hard for the newbies like me to give advise :)

btw, i'm using a Panassonic 3-in-1 oven :)

Mine is a Panasonic 2-in-1 with convection. =)

I am trying my second set and oh my gosh... it cant even be removed frmo the pan without breaking apart! now my heart-shaped cookie looked like a wreck =(

Why is my cookie so soft.. and simply just melt in mouth?

Should I add more flour?

What can I do with the dough? =((

cannot remove... you mean the cookie get stuck to the tray or just that it breaks so easily so you can't take it out?

did you follow any recipe or you just adjusted the amount of corn flour on your own...? i always follow tested-and-proven recipe to minimize surprises.... too much a noob to alter recipe myself :lol:

btw, i tasted a few in my first batch, and i think i know why liao... seems like some have been over-baked so it doesn't taste so good (notably, some doraemons at one side of the baking tray has "darker complexion" than the rest :lol:). Those with "fairer" skin actually tasted quite okie ;)

so in the end, i baked the 2nd batch without changing anything to the dough, but pay close attention to baking time and rotated the tray more often. Though some incident occurred.... shall talk about it later :P

okie, as promised, here comes the photos for the Doraemon cookies :lol:

The recipe:

i used a super simple butter cookie recipe:

310g flour

225g butter

100g sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Recipe calls for baking at 175ºC for 8~12 mins. but the problem is, my oven temperature setting goes in steps of 10ºC, so i can only choose between 170ºC or 180ºC~ :bangwall:

i did the cookies in 2 batches, 1st in 170ºC and 2nd in 180ºC. Found that 180ºC seems to be better... will use this setting in future. and for both batches, baking time was much longer than 12 mins! took almost 20 mins leh... maybe my oven is not powerful enough? hahahaha~ :lol:

Cutting the cookies...

learnt the meaning of "lightly floured surface" the hard way - my definition of lightly floured was certainly not the same - the dough was sticking all over the place! have to put lots of flour on the surface to get anything done. the dough was initially very hard after refrigerated for an hour or so, but once taken out and rolled, turns sticky super fast... sian... :(

5575561309_4584cd4f98_z.jpg

started with Doraemon first. not too bad... wanted to try out if Dorami will be easier but alas, Dorami is much more difficult to cut and remove from the worktop without deforming! i shall stick to her brother.... :lol:

a small incident... Thank God it didn't turn into an ACCIDENT!

when i was doing the 2nd batch of cookies, i already knew the 12 mins stated in recipe was not enough, so i put 16 mins... still not done :bangwall: so after that 16 mins was over, i thought i should give an additional 2 mins.

while there are many good things about my 3-in-1 oven, here comes the bad part: i simply pressed for additional 2 mins but totally forgot to choose OVEN MODE before that. only realised something was wrong when i saw small BUBBLES starting to come out from the dough... my Doraemons were BOILING~ :jawdrop: only at that point i noticed my oven was on MICROWAVE mode :jawdrop: quickly switch the oven off and turned back to OVEN mode...

gosh it was so dangerous cos the metal baking tray cannot be used in microwave mode!!! Can explode anytime!! Thank God nothing happened... shall not made this mistake ever again!! :bangwall:

anyway, here are the final products~ :lol: as mentioned in earlier post, the 1st batch doesn't taste as good cos it's a bit overbaked. the 2nd batch is nicer and the buttery feel is better :wub:

5575561399_bf8d690f71_z.jpg

Doraemon is so adorable... i feel happy even just by seeing (and eating) him~ hahahaha :lol:

okie, as promised, here comes the photos for the Doraemon cookies :lol:

The recipe:

i used a super simple butter cookie recipe:

310g flour

225g butter

100g sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Recipe calls for baking at 175ºC for 8~12 mins. but the problem is, my oven temperature setting goes in steps of 10ºC, so i can only choose between 170ºC or 180ºC~ :bangwall:

i did the cookies in 2 batches, 1st in 170ºC and 2nd in 180ºC. Found that 180ºC seems to be better... will use this setting in future. and for both batches, baking time was much longer than 12 mins! took almost 20 mins leh... maybe my oven is not powerful enough? hahahaha~ :lol:

Cutting the cookies...

learnt the meaning of "lightly floured surface" the hard way - my definition of lightly floured was certainly not the same - the dough was sticking all over the place! have to put lots of flour on the surface to get anything done. the dough was initially very hard after refrigerated for an hour or so, but once taken out and rolled, turns sticky super fast... sian... :(

started with Doraemon first. not too bad... wanted to try out if Dorami will be easier but alas, Dorami is much more difficult to cut and remove from the worktop without deforming! i shall stick to her brother.... :lol:

a small incident... Thank God it didn't turn into an ACCIDENT!

when i was doing the 2nd batch of cookies, i already knew the 12 mins stated in recipe was not enough, so i put 16 mins... still not done :bangwall: so after that 16 mins was over, i thought i should give an additional 2 mins.

while there are many good things about my 3-in-1 oven, here comes the bad part: i simply pressed for additional 2 mins but totally forgot to choose OVEN MODE before that. only realised something was wrong when i saw small BUBBLES starting to come out from the dough... my Doraemons were BOILING~ :jawdrop: only at that point i noticed my oven was on MICROWAVE mode :jawdrop: quickly switch the oven off and turned back to OVEN mode...

gosh it was so dangerous cos the metal baking tray cannot be used in microwave mode!!! Can explode anytime!! Thank God nothing happened... shall not made this mistake ever again!! :bangwall:

anyway, here are the final products~ :lol: as mentioned in earlier post, the 1st batch doesn't taste as good cos it's a bit overbaked. the 2nd batch is nicer and the buttery feel is better :wub:

Doraemon is so adorable... i feel happy even just by seeing (and eating) him~ hahahaha :lol:

really adorable!

I made my heart-shaped cookie cos it is the easiest shape, i figured! lol =)

froggy,

the cupcakes u made, so cute!

your daughter must be feeling so proud coz her friends sure come to her and say your mom make such nice cupcakes wor.

hi footprint

thanks for compliments! I just made another batch - will post another day when I have a chance to download the pictures

Hmm .. but the girls took so long to decide which hairstyle they wanted - maybe next time make all uniform, so can pass on faster :rolleyes:

Hihi everyone!

Hello!

Welcome to the baking club! I love to bake too, haha, indeed we took so long before coming to a decision on which oven to buy!

Nicce blog - I have been wishing to set up one but never know how to go about doing that! Can teach me? :rolleyes:

sorry can't offer much advice on which is better. But I can only say that Bosch is too "cheem" for a techno-noob like me. I still prefer those old fashion manual knob-turning type :D

Have you already decided?

did you line tray with bake paper? also best to let cookie cool slightly on tray before removing to rack to cool down. If you try to remove cookie right away, it may be too soft and break apart?

marsh, the cookies are so cute! where you get the cutters from?

anyway, forget about dusting flour on table bc this makes the cookie harder! Roll the dough on 2 sheets of plastic or bake paper, guaranteed won't stick one!

and so much easier to "pick up" onto tray

i juz shifted in

hvt read the manual for my bosch oven

wanna bake so many things... lol

hi hi

we noticed more and more people moving into FV2. Everytime we drive past, can't help feeling "jealous" over the FV2's bigger windows leh!

Happy baking!