Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Ya, the doraemon really looks so cute!!! i am sure looking at it also makes you happy, marshy. :notti:

froggy, she got the mold from her hometown. read few pages ago then she did wrote abt it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
really adorable!

I made my heart-shaped cookie cos it is the easiest shape, i figured! lol =)

i think round is easiest! i guess 99% of my future cookies will be round! hahahaha :lol:

Hmm .. but the girls took so long to decide which hairstyle they wanted - maybe next time make all uniform, so can pass on faster :rolleyes:

hahahahah or make them all bo-tak :lol:

marsh, the cookies are so cute! where you get the cutters from?

anyway, forget about dusting flour on table bc this makes the cookie harder! Roll the dough on 2 sheets of plastic or bake paper, guaranteed won't stick one!

and so much easier to "pick up" onto tray

the cookie cutters are from HK... shall try my Miffy ones some time later :)

i already lined the granite top with plastic... cos it's easier for clean up later :lol: but i guess i should take your advice to put another plastic on top as well. the sticky dough is really $@#%@#

just btw, the dough is so sticky that it got stuck on the plastic that has not enough flour. i destroyed quite a number of Doraemon and Dorami becos of that :(

Ya, the doraemon really looks so cute!!! i am sure looking at it also makes you happy, marshy. :notti:

yea it was really a joy seeing (and eating) them... all gone liao... shall make more cookies in future~ just found home-made ones more yummy than those bought from supermarkets~ :)

yea it was really a joy seeing (and eating) them... all gone liao... shall make more cookies in future~ just found home-made ones more yummy than those bought from supermarkets~ :)

those from supermarkets are low quality... those you made yourself, you will use good quality so of course its nicer. :)

Since its so nice, when you going to share some with us?

those from supermarkets are low quality... those you made yourself, you will use good quality so of course its nicer. :)

Since its so nice, when you going to share some with us?

Why mine is the other way round!

Supermarket ones nicer...

Cries.....

Shall upload my heart-shaped cookies soon!

froggy, she got the mold from her hometown. read few pages ago then she did wrote abt it.

ok so no chance for me to get them since not going to HK anytime soon. :(

i already lined the granite top with plastic... cos it's easier for clean up later :lol: but i guess i should take your advice to put another plastic on top as well. the sticky dough is really $@#%@#

just btw, the dough is so sticky that it got stuck on the plastic that has not enough flour. i destroyed quite a number of Doraemon and Dorami becos of that :(

how come so sticky one? even plastic also can stick? what kind of plastic you use?

sorry double post

Edited by froggy

how come so sticky one? even plastic also can stick? what kind of plastic you use?

normal plastic... like those transparent plastic bag you get from supermarket.

i went to read the review on the recipe after that... many pple also commented that the dough is sticky. i thought maybe becos this one is ang moh recipe so get sticky faster in Singapore weather~ hahahahaha :lol:

Hello!

Welcome to the baking club! I love to bake too, haha, indeed we took so long before coming to a decision on which oven to buy!

Nicce blog - I have been wishing to set up one but never know how to go about doing that! Can teach me? :rolleyes:

haha quite easy de... just set up an account at blogspot.com and start with a few post.. mine also very simple only... not like those very special layout which I dunno how to do...

personally i feel Bosch and Brandt equally reputable but i decided to go for Bosch cos' it looks more sleek and they go deeper into newer technology while Brandt is more than "long zi hao"... people still buy them cos it their reputable brand as a good oven but they don't innovate much.

normal plastic... like those transparent plastic bag you get from supermarket.

i went to read the review on the recipe after that... many pple also commented that the dough is sticky. i thought maybe becos this one is ang moh recipe so get sticky faster in Singapore weather~ hahahahaha :lol:

marsh, another method is to roll out dough into a sheet before chilling. ie

1. take a portion of dough, and put in plastic bag

2. roll to required thickness (in the bag)

3. chill

4. take out, cut plstic bag, and cut cookies

this way, cookie will still be quite "hard" and less chance for sticky or losing the shape or breaking. Try it?

haha quite easy de... just set up an account at blogspot.com and start with a few post.. mine also very simple only... not like those very special layout which I dunno how to do...

personally i feel Bosch and Brandt equally reputable but i decided to go for Bosch cos' it looks more sleek and they go deeper into newer technology while Brandt is more than "long zi hao"... people still buy them cos it their reputable brand as a good oven but they don't innovate much.

thanks thanks, will try go take a look. if stuck, i consult u again hor :D: i am very bad at this kind of thing ...

till i succeed at creating my blog, think i will post my bakes here lah .. :D hope it does not bore people ...

DSC03302.jpg

DSC03300.jpg

DSC03350.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

Wow! You know how to make fondant cakes! I still have not got down to try these yet. Do you sell your cakes? Where you learn? :)

Really very pretty'

Wow! You know how to make fondant cakes! I still have not got down to try these yet. Do you sell your cakes? Where you learn? :)

Really very pretty'

thanks, aimei. fondant cakes are actually quite fun to make, like young time playing dough. :sport-smiley-018:

I don't run a shop lah, too many overheads, but just take orders from friends, friends' friends etc. will pm you in a while