Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I've seen some new houses with roof turbine so was wondering what is it's function and how much will it cost to install one.

I'd just bought a old single storey interterrace and was thinking of ways to improve ventilation and natural lighting. Hope to get some ideas from this forum.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I've seen some new houses with roof turbine so was wondering what is it's function and how much will it cost to install one.

I'd just bought a old single storey interterrace and was thinking of ways to improve ventilation and natural lighting. Hope to get some ideas from this forum.

You can install the Roof Turbine (which replies on outstide wind for it to move) or you can install a roof fan. Should cost about $500 - $800 with installation.

When there is slight breeze on the roof, it will turn the ball. The ball will in turn extract the hot air near the ceiling of the house. This creates a slight vacuum inside the house, and draws cool air in from level 1. So got natural breeze all the time.

It is really useful. No issue with rain, or noise, but the tenant worry about bugs flying in.

When there is slight breeze on the roof, it will turn the ball. The ball will in turn extract the hot air near the ceiling of the house. This creates a slight vacuum inside the house, and draws cool air in from level 1. So got natural breeze all the time.

It is really useful. No issue with rain, or noise, but the tenant worry about bugs flying in.

Really, have you used this before? I always thought that the turbine was electrically driven, my neighbour has three on the roof but only two rotates.

Thanks for all the infor.

What is the difference between roof turbine and the roof fan? Can anyone pm me who has contact to install them.

Has anyone installed the electric skylight, which can open and close.