Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marvin

Tv Facing The Bed

I heard from my FSM that TV should not be placed in front facing the bed.

But I think everyone is doing it, and it looks nicer.............Should I follow or not???

I really cant think of anywhere else to put it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Actualy what is the reason given?

Yes, heard about the TV facing the bed thing too. Was also informed that it is better to have fewer electrical gadgets in the sleeping room.

Yes, heard about the TV facing the bed thing too. Was also informed that it is better to have fewer electrical gadgets in the sleeping room.

My FSM gave me the green light to place a LCD in front of my bed. I was surprised by that too. Placement of furnishings and objects comes from the Form School of FS, perhaps the influence is not as critical as compared to observing the stars chart but some basics must be observed as such you don't sleep facing your bedroom door.

Some of the reasons I read was that TV is Yang and generates electromagnetic interferences which disturbs our sleep at night. Other reasons is the TV panel acts like a mirror due to it's reflective nature which can startled you in the middle of the night if you see your own reflections. If you are quite often startled by the mirrors in your home, then it's not good FS.

Most of the time, the best practice is to cover up the TV with a cloth after use, or build a cabinet with sliding doors as cover.

I heard from my FSM that TV should not be placed in front facing the bed.

But I think everyone is doing it, and it looks nicer.............Should I follow or not???

I really cant think of anywhere else to put it.

I think its alright. Mine and many friends/ neighbours also the same. Anyway, its the "in" thing now. So far nothing happened to them.

Actualy what is the reason given?

TV is Yang or also can be considered as fire. Just place at the right spot....

Edited by Ivy1981

Yes, most of the house I went to (visit my friends and neighbours), all got tv in front of their bed.

Some even got 42 inch lcd tv!!! Just cover it when no in use lah, that is what I read on line. Cover it with a cloth. Dont need to do any drastic change. A very simple and easy solution. Cover it when not in use.

I think its alright. Mine and many friends/ neighbours also the same. Anyway, its the "in" thing now. So far nothing happened to them.

erm... actually, the reason why the placing of tvs are not advisable in the room is because, of the magnetic field that it produces.

if the tv is placed in the room, the pple sleeping in the room would most likely not have a good night's rest...

my 2 cents worth from past experiences...

felixwong

Yes, most of the house I went to (visit my friends and neighbours), all got tv in front of their bed.

Some even got 42 inch lcd tv!!! Just cover it when no in use lah, that is what I read on line. Cover it with a cloth. Dont need to do any drastic change. A very simple and easy solution. Cover it when not in use.

Your common sense very good leh!!!

erm... actually, the reason why the placing of tvs are not advisable in the room is because, of the magnetic field that it produces.

if the tv is placed in the room, the pple sleeping in the room would most likely not have a good night's rest...

my 2 cents worth from past experiences...

felixwong

Yah, quite true. But I think most people nowadays switch off before they sleep unless they fell asleep while watching. Anyway, most tvs' screen nowadays are advance and able to prevent radiation/ electromagnetic fields exposure. Even static electricity disappears quickly.

Ya lor, me and my girlfriends all also got leh. No problem what.

the reason is that the electromagnectic energy will cause you feel tired the next day. Try sleeping in front of your laptop, you will feel the effect

the reason is that the electromagnectic energy will cause you feel tired the next day. Try sleeping in front of your laptop, you will feel the effect

Not true for me.

Heard before tt the TV will "suck" all our energy over the nite & make us v tired..not sure abt it...anyway I face my TV to the toilet instead of the bed...and I wonder whether there is any difference btw CRT and LCD?

Heard before tt the TV will "suck" all our energy over the nite & make us v tired..not sure abt it...anyway I face my TV to the toilet instead of the bed...and I wonder whether there is any difference btw CRT and LCD?

Nowadays the standard of the protective glass layer is much more advance than before. What is generated is only light wavelength. Even static electricity is kept to the minimal.

The difference is the tube and the frequency.