Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tantc

Diy Club In Singapore

well, definately interesting... right now i am diy-ing my garden, and its a thread in this section of the forum as wel. the cost incurred are low as many of the materials are left over by other people, which includes 8 pieces of tiles left by hdb... anyway, hope to see more popele posting threads about their DIY stuff, pictures of progress, so that we can learn from each other online.

regarding the group might be a buit hard, since we dont always have our own project. for example, my diy garden cant be done in a work shop, and i spend half my time i johor bahru. more importantly is the cost that incurred. i guess the rental itself may cost at least a thousand, and therefore if we cant gather at least 30 people, it gonna cost us a boom.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1) rottenramone

2) megabites

3) MichaelC

4) dinobros (if the cost is not too high)

5)70wood

6) Lorddraco (I have some other project in my mind. A cabinet to host my dry box + maybe a charging station, a bedside table...)

7) paladin (if membership fees is not that high)

8) errandz (also if membership fees not too high)

Hi guys, just to share, i noticed when renovation takes place, there are alot of wastages of materials by the contractors.

Eg. Gypsum board, Plywood, PVC Pipes, Trunkings and even Tempered Glass!

Cos i feel that when we DIY, our project may be a small and don't need much materials. These materials threw away by the contractors can definately help us alot in our own DIY making!

If you want, you can make a trip to flats in Punggol area that are currently doing renovation. They simply throw it away at the rubbish chute area or near the lift. You can just take it. (I've got myself a few plywood and gypsum boards...)

And i also saw a whole new piece of plywood laminates being thrown away. So wasteful loh!

bro, :D i wonder if we can collect partial haulage by takin away the smaller useful woods and such from all those house.. Hahaha.. Can use that to fund the workshop.....

buecherturm.jpg

Not sure if it is right to put it here but this is something that i would want to diy, itself is a wall feature.

My link

hi, the link is not working.

Mind posting again?

1) rottenramone

2) megabites

3) MichaelC

5)70wood

6) Lorddraco (I have some other project in my mind. A cabinet to host my dry box + maybe a charging station, a bedside table...)

7) paladin (if membership fees is not that high)

Hi guys, just to share, i noticed when renovation takes place, there are alot of wastages of materials by the contractors.

Eg. Gypsum board, Plywood, PVC Pipes, Trunkings and even Tempered Glass!

Cos i feel that when we DIY, our project may be a small and don't need much materials. These materials threw away by the contractors can definately help us alot in our own DIY making!

If you want, you can make a trip to flats in Punggol area that are currently doing renovation. They simply throw it away at the rubbish chute area or near the lift. You can just take it. (I've got myself a few plywood and gypsum boards...)

And i also saw a whole new piece of plywood laminates being thrown away. So wasteful loh!

Hi guys, I am new here and right now am toying with this idea of DIY projects..count me in if this club materialize..

I convert my toilet into a mini workshop to drill, saw, sand etc and kitchen also in mess. I lost 4 kg when doing this project .. TOO HOT !!!

lol..I really salute your effort.

I am also interested. too bad I dont have contact with secondary school. Their workshop in weekend should be not use and holiday also.

To find space in Singapore to do DIY is a real pain.

I did mine at my kitchen toilet in dec 2009. Fixed up a shelf sitting on top of my existing ikea computer desk and a raise platform for my 40" LCD TV.

A big Mess and the project take me more than a month to complete with my weekend didnt go out.

For the above project.. I buy got myself the following.

1. Black and Decker Fold able workbench

2. Impact Drill

3. Bosch Handheld Router (buy wrongly .. got 110v from USA. ****)

4. B&D Sander (Home-fix)

5. B&D Jig-Saw

Cause my project involved high-pressure laminates and plywood from Jalan Besar.

Hindes got from Sungei Kadut shops

Basically I convert my toilet into a mini workshop to drill, saw, sand etc

and kitchen also in mess.

I lost 4 kg when doing this project .. TOO HOT !!!

lol it's DIY slimfit

1) rottenramone

2) megabites

3) MichaelC

5)70wood

I am also interested. too bad I dont have contact with secondary school. Their workshop in weekend should be not use and holiday also.

To find space in Singapore to do DIY is a real pain.

I did mine at my kitchen toilet in dec 2009. Fixed up a shelf sitting on top of my existing ikea computer desk and a raise platform for my 40" LCD TV.

A big Mess and the project take me more than a month to complete with my weekend didnt go out.

For the above project.. I buy got myself the following.

1. Black and Decker Fold able workbench

2. Impact Drill

3. Bosch Handheld Router (buy wrongly .. got 110v from USA. ****)

4. B&D Sander (Home-fix)

5. B&D Jig-Saw

Cause my project involved high-pressure laminates and plywood from Jalan Besar.

Hindes got from Sungei Kadut shops

Basically I convert my toilet into a mini workshop to drill, saw, sand etc

and kitchen also in mess.

I lost 4 kg when doing this project .. TOO HOT !!!

Edited by lorddraco

there are many projects available online. Just need to get started and visit one blog. Then u can get linked to many other blogs.

Most "ang moh" country people DIY their stuff, and share it on their blog, the "plans" or how to do things is easily available online.

i think we can come up with small interesting projects. there are a couple on the net.

we can t-loan a wkshp? maybe get an instructor or something to show us techniques and safety aspects first.