Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tantc

Diy Club In Singapore

think have to sort out issues like how much one is willing to pay for use of premises, with or without equipment.

would love to have a industrial area to work my stuff as well, currently doing the diy stuff at corridor area, so might be a bit noisy for neighbours.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

First thing to determine, is probably the need for a workshop where it may have to accommodate all kinds diy interests, ie woodwork, metal-work, or arts & crafts etc. What would be the scale of the workshop, and the equipment & tools to include? Where could the workshop be, practically & geographically? If it's a workshop that simply consist of hand-tools and normal hand-held equipment, then it could probably take off easier. But if equipment that may be considered dangerous for an untrained hand, then the owner of the premises would be concern with safety and indemnity.

http://70wood.blogspot.com

I reckon we can start off with wood first, seeing your blog signoff.

geography wise, it'll definitely be in an industrial estate. just have to find a willing owner to do it.

interested parties, we can start a list:

1) rottenramone

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

First thing to determine, is probably the need for a workshop where it may have to accommodate all kinds diy interests, ie woodwork, metal-work, or arts & crafts etc. What would be the scale of the workshop, and the equipment & tools to include? Where could the workshop be, practically & geographically? If it's a workshop that simply consist of hand-tools and normal hand-held equipment, then it could probably take off easier. But if equipment that may be considered dangerous for an untrained hand, then the owner of the premises would be concern with safety and indemnity.

http://70wood.blogspot.com

count me in too. it can be a small workshop. i previously scouted the NUS industrial design workshop, but students are on it 24/7 as they have projects to churn out.

another thing to consider is what type of tools to include? there are woodworking tools, metal work etc. there's also electrical stuff.

there's a small workshop at bras basah called tree wizard which has tools for minor works. if you need 3D printing, my cousin has one. he doesn't do loans, but i guess we'll need to pay a small fee.

i didn't do any engineering, but am interested in making my own things.

i will definitely be up for this!!!!!

DIY lots of stuff for our new place now. Am tempted to buy a work bench and table saw.... but not sure where to store them!

Hi, this is a very good idea! I love to DIY too!

Currently DIY-ing my water fountain, and when my bamboo poles arrives, i will do my own bench.

And yes, its difficult when we don't have a proper place to do all these and i don't have my own transport to transport the material too!

But if anyone wanted to setup a DIY club, i'm in for sure! Let me know what i can contribute to the club! =)

There's some forumers with good recommendation of their carpentry contractor, so maybe can ask them for help.

hi,

as in get them to see if they would have any extra spaces to house the DIY club ? Might be view as contraction to their own business isn't it ?

There's some forumers with good recommendation of their carpentry contractor, so maybe can ask them for help.

wonder if some schools already have a such workshop (e.g. ITE? no idea..) that they use for related classes. there was a workshop with a good collection of tools etc. in my high school (in sydney) for 'design & tech' classes. it was great fun n very practical. sg schools got or not?

they might, but there's no reason for them to let us use it. plus we might damage their tools and that's gonna be a complicating mess to untangle.

even if we know some ITE lecturer, eventually, he might be 'faulted' for holding personal woodwork party..... the school will do something mean to him.

wonder if some schools already have a such workshop (e.g. ITE? no idea..) that they use for related classes. there was a workshop with a good collection of tools etc. in my high school (in sydney) for 'design & tech' classes. it was great fun n very practical. sg schools got or not?