Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tantc

Diy Club In Singapore

love this idea very much. i'm also thinking of diy shoe rack but dun know where to start.

to support rental, we could start a club with a membership fee or hold diy workshop on weekends.

hi,

the problem is that even for a run down warehouse etc, the rental per month is gonna be quite high....

suppose we get lucky and manage to get a place for $500 a month, even if we have 20 members..... we will be paying $25 a month, which is $300 a year.

The best is to find a simple location to start off.. or which brother have a big yard, can sit there and drink coffee.. share some experiences...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

love this idea very much. i'm also thinking of diy shoe rack but dun know where to start.

to support rental, we could start a club with a membership fee or hold diy workshop on weekends.

hi,

yeah, I've been thinking about this for quite some time myself... started my little DIY projects for my shoe cabinet and thought it would be a great idea to do something like this.

Right now, the place is the biggest headache because I don't think we can afford paying high monthly rental for the place.

Tools are actually not that bad, since each of us who are into DIY would already own the basic drill, jigsaw etc...

we can even do some side rental business like renting drill for people (non diy) who needs to do that occasional 1 or 2 holes.

well, if I can a disused corner of some factory that some people are nice enough to allow us to use, that would be the first step...

meanwhile, if there's way to subsidies the rental by some other ways, that's also something we can think of...

"holding classes" ?

not bad...

- use the tools available (including some tools that no one would buy in their right mind for personal use)

- tie up with transport company to transport our creation back to home

- wife always complain noisy at home, dangerous for kids, this will solve it

- we are mostly free after office hours and weekends, but those hours, cannot do too loud, neighbors will complain. warehouse no such issue, can do any time.

- can have joint project and share experiences

- can pool resources for bulk purchase of material like wood, etc, they will deliver to us.

- spend our leisure time building something that can be used in the house.

The above are all the things I'm lusting for currently.

I need to do some drilling work and I can't do it at home due to the dust and noise involved.

Furthermore, I'm working 8 - 6 and by the time I reach home, it's night. :(

Everytime I need to my stuff, I need to apply leave when nobody's around in the house (that's when I go crazy :))

If anyone plans to setup such a kind of workshop, I'll be more than happy to contribute whatever I can.

a very good idea, however funding of that place is BIG headache.

A good place would be those technical workshops @ secondary schs ....

Hi,

I am just wondering if it would be a good idea to have such a place in Singapore. Basically, can be a old warehouse etc, where people can come over, and do DIY stuff over the weekend or during their off days.

good points will be :-

- use the tools available (including some tools that no one would buy in their right mind for personal use)

- tie up with transport company to transport our creation back to home

- wife always complain noisy at home, dangerous for kids, this will solve it

- we are mostly free after office hours and weekends, but those hours, cannot do too loud, neighbors will complain. warehouse no such issue, can do any time.

- can have joint project and share experiences

- can pool resources for bulk purchase of material like wood, etc, they will deliver to us.

- spend our leisure time building something that can be used in the house.

So far, my search on the web doesn't turn up such a place in Singapore.

Teck Chye

Edited by tantc