Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

I use the chromr pipe that come with the cap too for my common toilet . U can visit my blog to see how it look like

thanks to all who replied about the chrome pipe... apparently the plumber said it wasn't there, and they dun provide it; they only have the PVC ones.

where did u guys get tt chrome pipe? looks like have to source for our own. the wife tried homefix, but they dun sell.

feedback fm general hardware shops is tt chrome will become koyak after a few yrs... :o now the husband wants to change all to PVC :bleah: the wife did this @ him

any other choices other than PVC or chrome?

are there such things as stainless steel bottle trap and piping?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
that what i saw in RF...i tested mine,...seem ok ley....my wifey will be going to test if it her liking...maybe i try to take pict of the flow of water to share ba.. :)

I tried other locations about water pressure and all dont seems very power.

So i guess is my place too old the pressure no good.

Rainshower i tried full power.... hmmm still ok la.... ssshhhh rain lor =/

I was anticipating like BSSSSSSssHHHHh RAIN ! but no have lol

thanks to all who replied about the chrome pipe... apparently the plumber said it wasn't there, and they dun provide it; they only have the PVC ones.

where did u guys get tt chrome pipe? looks like have to source for our own. the wife tried homefix, but they dun sell.

feedback fm general hardware shops is tt chrome will become koyak after a few yrs... :o now the husband wants to change all to PVC :bleah: the wife did this @ him

any other choices other than PVC or chrome?

are there such things as stainless steel bottle trap and piping?

Got try ask the shop you bought the toiletries ?

Normally they should have but not sure if they have stainles steel 1s. chrome i think should have.

But.... be it chrome/stainless steel, it will surely tarnish and rust in long run. :X Chrome especially! think few mths kaput liao.

u referring to chrome bottle traps and pipe below the basin kind? mine i gotta buy from asia excel and get plumber to fix

All the flats I visited my friends, relatives etc, usually 20 years and abv flat is that, usually the higher floor it gets, the water pressure is lower.

I think chrome one looks nice lei...I not sure where to get it, but usually the place that sells the WC and basins will have it. Like I got mine from *** Gallery where the ID brought me too.

hmm...my next door neighbour told me they are fine...i think because i use rainshower so the water pressure issue is affecting me more?! :dunno:

I tried other locations about water pressure and all dont seems very power.

So i guess is my place too old the pressure no good.

Rainshower i tried full power.... hmmm still ok la.... ssshhhh rain lor =/

I was anticipating like BSSSSSSssHHHHh RAIN ! but no have lol

Got try ask the shop you bought the toiletries ?

Normally they should have but not sure if they have stainles steel 1s. chrome i think should have.

But.... be it chrome/stainless steel, it will surely tarnish and rust in long run. :X Chrome especially! think few mths kaput liao.

i dun think mine is BSSSSSSSSssHHHHHh also ley....:(

Beany,

For water pressure issues, it has to do alot which the total height of your block and your unit within that block.

For my block, its an eight storey block and my unit's on the 6th. When we first moved in, we noticed that the water pressure was very low, so called Town Council to see, the only thing they said we could do was adjust the valve outside the house. But even after doing so, the water pressure is hardly anything bigger.

What we were told that based on 8 storeys, we're unfortunately, the first to receive water directly without a pump from the roof tank. So the 7th and 8th storeys have a pump delivering water to them. The rest rely on the vertical gravity for their water pressure. As such, people on the 2nd storey will have the highest, while peole on the 6th suffer from the worst.

Oh dear, I never knew there is so much about water pressure and the co-relation to the height of the block. Hmmm, I live on the 3rd floor of a 16-storey block. Also have rain shower. But it doesn't bbbbbbssssshhh la. Feels like just water coming down, tho not a drizzle. Was initially kinda disappointed. Cos don't have the pitter patter pitter patter rain-drop feeling.

But I did try a few rainshowers in the hotels e.g. crown prince at T3, some KL hotel that uses the grohe kind. But also didn't get the bbbbssssshhh feeling. So I thought it was normal.

Maybe beany, one day you come over and test test see.

actually, i dun think we will want the BSSSSSSSSssHHHHHh feeling...otherwise, each time shower machiam under a thunderstorm!

hmm, maybe abit bigger than forkie's ssshhhh would be good. maybe SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH?

actually, i dun think we will want the BSSSSSSSSssHHHHHh feeling...otherwise, each time shower machiam under a thunderstorm!

hmm, maybe abit bigger than forkie's ssshhhh would be good. maybe SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH?

okok...i also dunno what is rite....i will go home today to try if it BSSSSSSSSSSsssHHHHHHhh or SSSSSSSSHHHHHHH. :P

hi, F4. we are as clueless as you. someone told us this, but we don't know how true it is as we're pretty ignorant.

the water tank on the rooftop only services half of the upper block and swey swey our floor is one level below the last level the water tank services... sian if it's true :(

hopefully, they'll upgrade the water pressure in the cluster's current upgrading project... best if it's done before we move in :P

I dont know if water pressure can be "upgraded" cos mine is a new flat and water pressure isn't fantastic. Probably also could be cos we are middle of the block too..

i dun think mine is BSSSSSSSSssHHHHHh also ley....:(

Oh dear, I never knew there is so much about water pressure and the co-relation to the height of the block. Hmmm, I live on the 3rd floor of a 16-storey block. Also have rain shower. But it doesn't bbbbbbssssshhh la. Feels like just water coming down, tho not a drizzle. Was initially kinda disappointed. Cos don't have the pitter patter pitter patter rain-drop feeling.

But I did try a few rainshowers in the hotels e.g. crown prince at T3, some KL hotel that uses the grohe kind. But also didn't get the bbbbssssshhh feeling. So I thought it was normal.

Maybe beany, one day you come over and test test see.

okok...i also dunno what is rite....i will go home today to try if it BSSSSSSSSSSsssHHHHHHhh or SSSSSSSSHHHHHHH. :P

Hahaha out of sudden all is discussing about ssshhhhh and BSSsSSSSSsshhhhhhhh !

But sad ma pple say rainshower if can get BBBbbbSsssSSsssHHHhhhhhhhh then shiok ma !

Like the rain hit my my bardy ~ If too strong can always adjust.

But the problem now is canot ! Only sssshhhh aiyo !

Where is the valve thingy ? I look outside my flat only see a 2 meter.

1 meter MIA think is gas 1. The other 1 like showing electric. I dont see any valve for water leh ! :unsure:

perhaps we should. maybe try out luck to see if they have rainshower haha 3 storeys above us also new tenants. we've not met, but maybe we can try talking to them.

btw zerochristy, did you see pix of our wc? same shape as yours, but different brand haha :D i think there's another fellow forumer also using similar wc but not of the same brand as yours and mine

anyway, hubby just came back from the new house, giving the contractors the benefit of doubt. hubby had to take leave today to ensure that the material used wasn't of inferior quality. 304 grade was used, which was the minimum quality that HDB stipulated. grr... the person at fault didn't even bother to go the extra mile to make up for his mistake but providing 316, which has higher resistance to chlorine corrosion...

the change of pipes to stainless steel ones were almost done when he left earlier the afternoon.

anyway, we're partly to blame as we didn't do enough research on materials as layman and ensuring that he uses only better quality stuff. grr....

Sorry for the late reply. I always get lost in the forum and forget I post something and than cannot find it. hahahah old already.

Ya its a look alike WC hahaha... my hubby like it at first I dun want cause look funny and short just like having a pengine in the toilet like that Whahaha. (PS: If Pinkpetter see this she will say remember I say "the big brown elephant in my living room") :D

We dun know what grade SS the plumber use but as long as SS can liao... cause we paid for a SS mah... and its nicer to the eye. Reno really is like taking exam le... so many type of material for 1 item nia.. faint le. (PS: I better check what SS was given to me... if I can find.)

Progress Update - End of Week 4

geez... time flies, its been 4 weeks into the reno already :o

progress on the unit is pretty OK, i guess. work is progressing on well.

# after the initial unhappiness with the copper water piping thru' out the house, the ID has gotten his plumer to come back and get the pipes all changed to stainless steel ones - workmanship seems good. we appreciated the fact that the ID managed to get the guy to come down within 2 days and have it changed. the sight of the s/s pipes is so pleasing to the eyes :D

# the wife has lost the battle to have chrome bottle trap + piping for the common toilet sink - the hubby was won over by plumbers' advice tt chrome ones will become rotten after awhile... going to change the bottle trap to a PVC one... so much for asthetic beauty

# 1st coat of painting up - we can see the rough colours of how the house will be; happy. most of the colours chosen were of a whiter shade except one wall in the living room - made the house look brighter (for now). after carpentry n furniture, dunno how it will be.

looking forward to the installation of lights next week...

by the way, we tried out the bidet spray today. the water pressure seemed to be somehow, better than it was previously. common bathroom's shower is only strong when we tune the handspray to the 'concentrated spray mode. haven't managed to test the rain shower as the mixer remained taped up. the hubby can wash the toilet with much ease now :D

by the way, another question for anyone who has installed Crestar ceiling fan with regulator. Must you use Crestar ceiling fan regulator? Is it possible to use third party ones like LeGrand etc? Hubby found the one that came along with Crestar ugly :P

Edited by beany0811