Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

hello lovely people, we have moved in for about 2 weeks, and living ourselves is no joke - housework, travelling back to oldies' places is already enough to wear us out... and we still have to live with all the imperfections and problems left by the renovations, with our ID MIA. oh well, despite all the headaches and troubles he has caused us, life still goes on :) a few black sheep in our lives serve to help us learn what to look out for in future... will post a review some time later; let's focus on the happier stuff first.

Hi Beany,

I totally understand how you feel when you mentioned 'living ourselves is no joke - housework, travelling back to oldies' places is already enough to wear us out... and we still have to live with all the imperfections and problems left by the renovations, with our ID MIA. oh well, despite all the headaches and troubles he has caused us, life still goes on :) a few black sheep in our lives serve to help us learn what to look out for in future... '

Yes, life goes on but we have become wiser with the experiences gained during the renovation. I guess it's not just knowledge we've gotten on carpentry material, 3D perspective, blah blah blah but I guess we've also gain more experiences on communication skill, EQ, ID/people management... :)

It will soon be over and your place looks gd.... :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hello lovely people, we have moved in for about 2 weeks, and living ourselves is no joke - housework, travelling back to oldies' places is already enough to wear us out... and we still have to live with all the imperfections and problems left by the renovations, with our ID MIA. oh well, despite all the headaches and troubles he has caused us, life still goes on :) a few black sheep in our lives serve to help us learn what to look out for in future... will post a review some time later; let's focus on the happier stuff first.

entrance after

IMG_1053.jpg

Wah by looking at the entrance, it feels so nice and homely le

How you wish you can go home immediately after work everyday hor hehehehe :D

entrance after

IMG_1053.jpg

i like the wall tiles! very nice..

may i check wat is the dimension of ur display cabinet in your study and how much was it?

my hubby needs something like tt also for his collections.. tq :D

As in your signature tagline - You actually managed to create a resort feel, beany! Congrats!

Like the way you posted the pics - before and after. Pictures speak thousand words and, indeed, looking at all your pics, they give a great sense of accomplishment.

Hehe, Happy Stay in your resort :yamseng:

Congrat! beany! :P

I am looking forward to your hubby's display cabinet... heehee.. Must show me a pic if convience....when it is filled up with his toys. :P

I like your entrance and foyer area very much...esp the entrance...Are u going to hang something on it?

Edited by red_devil

wow beany, ur place looks great!

when invite me go sit sit? :notti:

The makeover is Beautiful. I love the entrance. Nice and spacious place you have.

nice cosy zen place you've got! :D

Wah by looking at the entrance, it feels so nice and homely le

How you wish you can go home immediately after work everyday hor hehehehe :D

thanks new, dyleen, giraffe and kopi! :sport-smiley-018:

we wish we din have to go to work, but just laze around all day :P but that's cos we're lazy people!

new, u r welcome any time! come and visit all the bishanites in one sitting! AJ has also just moved in... we're also waiting for invitation to his house, heheh

Edited by beany0811

Hi Beany,

may i ask where did you purchase the runners for the dining table?

your place really looks gd!

hi heartya, the runner was bought from thomson plaza - but i think many other places sell similar designs; saw it in sembawang shopping centre n amk central too - our primary concern when looking for the runner was the length, cos our dining table is 2m, so we needed one which was @ least 2.5m, heng could find it.

may i check wat is the dimension of ur display cabinet in your study and how much was it?

my hubby needs something like tt also for his collections.. tq :D

hey butterfingerzz, the display cabinet is 6.5ft (length) by 3ft (height). the initial plan was to have the whole thing with glass panels, but we decided on storage so that the boxes fm the toys could be kept - apparently so they dun lose their value... and also cos of safety concerns - the glass panels could only go up to a certain width for it to be stable.

so ur hubby is also a toy collector... haha, guys and their quirks

Congrat! beany! :P

I am looking forward to your hubby's display cabinet... heehee.. Must show me a pic if convience....when it is filled up with his toys. :P

I like your entrance and foyer area very much...esp the entrance...Are u going to hang something on it?

hey red devil, no prob. they r slowly being brought over from the hubby's place, where they have spent the last 10/20 years... for now, its still as empty! the hubby will be more than happy to take many pictures and show off his precious collection

As in your signature tagline - You actually managed to create a resort feel, beany! Congrats!

Like the way you posted the pics - before and after. Pictures speak thousand words and, indeed, looking at all your pics, they give a great sense of accomplishment.

Hehe, Happy Stay in your resort :yamseng:

thanks reiki ;) hopefully we'll be able to maintain it. past 2 weekends have been happily and faithfully doing the cleaning... hope the enthusiasm lasts! the real test starts now!

yup.. he's into star wars.. just clones alone, think he has at least 2000 of them! there's still the helmets, lightsabers, ships... :o

he has his own corner in our new place for all of them.. :help:

would you mine sharing with me how much the display cabinet cost?

we were quoted about 2k-3k for glass cabinets.. cant remember wat the dimensions were though..

Edited by butterfingerzz

yup.. he's into star wars.. just clones alone, think he has at least 2000 of them! there's still the helmets, lightsabers, ships... :o

he has his own corner in our new place for all of them.. :help:

would you mine sharing with me how much the display cabinet cost?

we were quoted about 2k-3k for glass cabinets.. cant remember wat the dimensions were though..

the hubby here is into transformers... plenty of them lying around...

i think ours is about the same price, in the 2-3K range

if u r planning to do the display with glass shelving, do check tt the cabinet lines are parallel, and tt the shelving can be removed with ease.

the hubby was trying to arrange his darlings in his showcase that day, but realised that the cabinets dimensions aren't exactly parallel, so some of the glass shelvings could not be removed properly. had to yank them out for some, of course with much difficulty. n given the weight of the glass, it was no mean feat! needless to say, we are super pissed :furious: another minus point to our so-called ID who is MIA now

anyway, arrangement of the toys r still WIP - apparently the whole collection has to arrive, then grouped according to size/colour/autobots/decepticons before they can go into their new home.

guys and their toys, haha

the hubby here is into transformers... plenty of them lying around...

i think ours is about the same price, in the 2-3K range

if u r planning to do the display with glass shelving, do check tt the cabinet lines are parallel, and tt the shelving can be removed with ease.

the hubby was trying to arrange his darlings in his showcase that day, but realised that the cabinets dimensions aren't exactly parallel, so some of the glass shelvings could not be removed properly. had to yank them out for some, of course with much difficulty. n given the weight of the glass, it was no mean feat! needless to say, we are super pissed :furious: another minus point to our so-called ID who is MIA now

anyway, arrangement of the toys r still WIP - apparently the whole collection has to arrive, then grouped according to size/colour/autobots/decepticons before they can go into their new home.

guys and their toys, haha

Wah! Transformers! Wah...I like I like. :dribble: Please please take some pic and let me see hor.

beany babe!

im being forced to come sell this lamp to u :~

big boss rondy force me de :~

sell u cheap cheap $200 he said :notti:

very similar to ur living area de. can make a pair :D

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24490

hey new, saw the lamp ;)

do agree that it fits into our theme quite perfectly, but... no place to put it! must disappoint ur boss rondy this time, haha