Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

You know the club opp sembawang shipyard is the CDAN club hse, the restaurant serve chinese food but don't think they got tim sum leh.

Very quite and nice place and if you are member also can swim there.

Sure can take picture of my hse but must wait for my boy to help me upload so that you can see coz I dunno how 2 do it. I do enjoy the space when I first shifted in but now sian liao after so many years. Too much maintenance, garden very big so must cut grass often and also the hse very old liao got alot of termites, ants, snakes, centipedes, cockroaches, rats and so on...... Most importantly the rental is going up to double of what I'm paying now so I'm moving out when my lease expires end of the year. You know, stay this kind of hse is nice to see but alot of work to do. Also old liao lah want to climb up and down very difficult, leg pain.

Ya...one big prob is the maintenance loh...big hse = huge maintenance work :D And termites is a huge problem.

I try to check out CDAN when I can :good:

I just took up photography so looking for nice place to take pictures, and these old house interest me...maybe I will just take up the courage and cheong to any of them and just take...kekeke...

colonial house? where? at the admiralty hills? huh? they have chalets up there also leh. now open for membership application.

don't talk about public pool in sembawang lar. i thought supposed to have some stadium near the CC. but until now i only see green green green green grass.

anyone tried the food at the "food court" @ sembawang mrt huh? is the food nice?

if i can have a wish list for sembawang...

1. more buses to civilization aka town areas

2. upgrade sun plaza

3. swimming pool

4. shoot down all the bicycles

5. sheltered walkways everywhere. it's very very very sunny and hot in 38wang...

If you go to Montreal Drive blk 506A there, i think there is a gate that leads to all those old colonial type house. I at first thought no one stays there, but is surprise to see most of it occupied and a great community there.

As for amenities, Sembawang is simply too small liao, I think it's must be the smallest (or one of the smallest) town in Singapore, so amenities will be reeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllllllllll slooooooooooooooooow.

1. Don't expect more buses anytime soon, stick to MRT.

2. Sunplaza upgrade unlikely to come soon, look out for Sembawang Shopping Centre

3. Swimming pool - I doubt

4. Bicycles, just hope they don't build bicycle parking at the MRT which they are doing for Yishun MRT.

5. Sheltered walkways - let's send emails to STC/MPs....this one more likely to happen.

:notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi guys!

Thank u for de wishes spongebobmama!

Anyway, i wrote to the CC and claimed ive "just moved in" to the area. Asked a few qns about the neighbourhood. Apparently heres what I found out:

1. There is a BBQ pit at Admiralty Drive for residents' usage. Booking at STC required.

2. There is a Table-Tennis table at Blk 360A.

3. Nearest Swimming Pool, Indoor courts & Stadium - Yishun

4. Nearest Squash & Tennis Courts - YCK

5. Nearest Basketball & Badminton courts - Area surrounding Blk 357

6. Nearest Gym - Yishun. I have expressed my disappointment on this to the CC. They have set up a committee to discuss on this issue. I sure hope they will have one soon!

Any news on the Sembawang Shopping Centre? The NTUC Mart @ MRT has closed down. Our Sun Plaza has such limited shops but surprisingly has Yamaha, Library, M1, Singtel, Starhub. Basically just not enough well known clothes retail shops like Esprit or Gio. Eateries are sufficient but a Pizza Hut wld be nice yeah? ROFL!

More than 1/2 year liao leh...still just moved in? Kekeke...

1. The bbq pit is behind blk 469, just renovated and near the canel, sometimes got smell.

2. They just installed a new light right on top of the table, so sometimes 11.30pm ppl still playing :furious: I can hear the 'tok tok tok' from my house.

3. If your kids learn swimming at Admiralty Hill Club, can take a dip there too, got a normal pool and deep pool :notti:

4. Squash? Tennis? Wow...it's been a long time. Alternative got tennis court at SAFRA Yishun.

5. Always got 'imported hunks' playing there

6. Wow...they set up a committee for this!?!?!? :jawdrop:

Sembawang Shopping Centre suppose to open in Dec/Jan period. hope no delay. Northpoint extension should be opening this or next month.

SunPlaza have improved much liao...it was worst last year. Sakae used to be a forsaken chinese restaurant (kah hiang) and Popular used to be a huge hardware shop (like the mrt ntuc mart). Pizza Hut can call 62353535...heeeheee...MOS burger there is good. :dribble: I do hope some shops will make way soon (better dun mention which) for some more well know brands. Got SingPost at B1. Got bengawang, mr bean, fu hua, old chiang kee, angie, all I like :dribble:

will be moving in soon to sembawang.

anyone know if there is any after school care as i would like to put my kids there.

perhaps if there is any Montessori there as well.

Thanks in advanced

Will your children be moving to schools near sembawang?

Not sure about sembawang new town area but along sembawang road near the 4 petrol stations (2 opp each other) there got a lot of landed houses, lots of childcare centre (Montessori included, think for at least 1 or 2) in the area. And I mean a lot, at least 6-10.

Not sure about sembawang new town area but along sembawang road near the 4 petrol stations (2 opp each other) there got a lot of landed houses, lots of childcare centre (Montessori included, think for at least 1 or 2) in the area. And I mean a lot, at least 6-10.

Well yes, planing to enrol my kids at Canberra Pri, just opp my unit :notti:

Need after school care, as both working.

Maybe need to recce more to this area.

One day maybe u see an ah pek cycling looking for after school care, that will be me :)

Sembawang road too far liao, hehe, i don't drive.

Ya...one big prob is the maintenance loh...big hse = huge maintenance work :D And termites is a huge problem.

I try to check out CDAN when I can :good:

I just took up photography so looking for nice place to take pictures, and these old house interest me...maybe I will just take up the courage and cheong to any of them and just take...kekeke...

No problem you can come and take picture. I often have pple outside my hse snapping pictures. I also have old British soldiers coming into my hse and request to take pictures coz they lived in my unit when they were station here more than 30 years ago.

It used to be a nice place to live in but not anymore coz everyday lots of china and bangala will cycle pass, and they are very inconsiderate. Make noise, spit and throw rubbish and the maids here also terrible. Not an good place for local family with maid ( they will get influence easily).

Also everyday this group of abt 7-8 sometimes more old folks will pass by as early as 6am ( morning exercise) they will talk very loudly. They are dam terrible, old but no brain. And now the adventure camp operator Focus is just behind my hse. They conduct courses for children and can be very noisy sometimes.

Not more the old world charm that we longed for. Now that my children are older, they goes to school by themselves and it can be quite inconvenient for them as the MRT and buses are a distance away.

And recently they changed the estate management, this new idiots come in only want to increase rental by more than double. Not worth it anymore!

One day maybe u see an ah pek cycling looking for after school care, that will be me :)

I know there is a childcare at my sector (35X) but not sure they have after school care boh. My son's school in Yishun, so put him in the Yishun before school care, easier for us.

No problem you can come and take picture. I often have pple outside my hse snapping pictures. I also have old British soldiers coming into my hse and request to take pictures coz they lived in my unit when they were station here more than 30 years ago.

It used to be a nice place to live in but not anymore coz everyday lots of china and bangala will cycle pass, and they are very inconsiderate. Make noise, spit and throw rubbish and the maids here also terrible. Not an good place for local family with maid ( they will get influence easily).

Also everyday this group of abt 7-8 sometimes more old folks will pass by as early as 6am ( morning exercise) they will talk very loudly. They are dam terrible, old but no brain. And now the adventure camp operator Focus is just behind my hse. They conduct courses for children and can be very noisy sometimes.

Not more the old world charm that we longed for. Now that my children are older, they goes to school by themselves and it can be quite inconvenient for them as the MRT and buses are a distance away.

And recently they changed the estate management, this new idiots come in only want to increase rental by more than double. Not worth it anymore!

Wow...sounds bad sia...no wonder you want to move.

How old are your kids? when attending Pri1? There is a after sch care in blk 35X, where a few of my son's ex sch mates from canberra pri sch goes to after sch. You can arrange for sch bus to fetch them to after sch care center, very convenient.

How old are your kids? when attending Pri1? There is a after sch care in blk 35X, where a few of my son's ex sch mates from canberra pri sch goes to after sch. You can arrange for sch bus to fetch them to after sch care center, very convenient.

thanks for the info...can advised which block so can check it out, i stay in 35X as well.

Keltong, since u are familiar in this area, maybe we go lim kopi, and u tell... :notti:

Edited by leongheng70

thanks for the info...can advised which block so can check it out, i stay in 35X as well.

Keltong, since u are familiar in this area, maybe we go lim kopi, and u tell... :notti:

I remember 35X but cannot recall which block exactly, think the block is near MRT one, either 356 side or the HDB branch office side...kopi can, PM you my number. :D

How come i dunno they set up a special committee for this? Haha maybe i too busy to attend any CC meeting. If they got weekend meeting I can drop by but weekday is rather inconvenient for me to pop by since I havent move there yet.

haiyo too busy to reply to thread. ok 1st oct is out. maybe all of us should gather pot luck for christmas. so the mens can join in as well. heee! anyway, wishing arwena, happy hari raya! :)

blk 357c having block party with ministerial visit this sat. 4th oct 08.

anyone at 357c going? only know blueturtle. haha! are u?

anw i went to dragon phoneix restaurant at semb hill. next to mrt station. its great chinese food! they even offer horse riding practice there. great for leisure over the weekends. they have a swimming pool as well!

ALAMAK! i just logged in and realised i am using a different nick. the above msg was posted by me. heee! Apparently my friend was using my laptop to check out this forum and forgot to log out. somehow i just saw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grrrr! so embarrassing!!!!

:):unsure:

if you are looking for schools, i encourage parents to go to canberra only.

After school care at blk 511, sembawang mart is good. MY little campus. the environment there is nice.

they have a few branches but only 511 offers before after school care.

ALAMAK! i just logged in and realised i am using a different nick. the above msg was posted by me. heee! Apparently my friend was using my laptop to check out this forum and forgot to log out. somehow i just saw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grrrr! so embarrassing!!!!

After school care at blk 511, sembawang mart is good. MY little campus. the environment there is nice.

Wah! u spokesman for canberra pri? Although my son was from canberra, I think sembawang pri also not bad.

I dun like canberra pri's teaching method, and it's like they are trying to chiong the students too much.

haha... so it's you. i was thinking who was spongebobmama and knows me.

hehe... me wasn't in singapore on the 4th oct so didn't go. so far all the events that the RC or whoever organises falls on dates when i am out of town.

anyone has any idea what will be put in place of the NTUC homemart that was at the MRT station? Are they going to build many small shops like what they do @ the other MRT stations?

2. They just installed a new light right on top of the table, so sometimes 11.30pm ppl still playing :furious: I can hear the 'tok tok tok' from my house.

For those interested in some table tennis, there are 2 tables around here, 1 at 356A and the other at 360A. One karenfaith can peep and the other I can peep at the people playing :sport-smiley-004:

Wow....just saw the latest Sembawang EA prices from the HDB website (for new flats).

N3C17.jpg

I believe most of us here who got our flat this year or last year got it at a lower price.

Wow....just saw the latest Sembawang EA prices from the HDB website (for new flats).

N3C17.jpg

I believe most of us here who got our flat this year or last year got it at a lower price.

How dare they said that their flats are heavily subsidized! They set the market price when pple buy and control the valuation when pple sell. What subsidy are they talking about!