Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hon

Electric Air Pot Energy Consumption?

1875716_20.jpeg

anyone using this type of electric air pot?

how the power energy consumption?

average 1 month electricity bill how much if on 24/7 ?

thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

not sure about the electrical usage...

but i feel that if there not much ppl at home using it... must well dont use it...

can save some electricity...

:)

1875716_20.jpeg

thank you.

Hi, I bought an airpot too but it's zojirushi brand. Can i know how's the heat retention for ur TIGER airpot?

i'm using akira brand 4L electric hotpot......for 2 consecutive months i've seen a reduction in my pub bill by about $20 since i started using a timer to switch off my electric hotpot during sleep time & while out at work (totalling abt 12hrs) each day. :good:

I did not pay much attention to the electricity consumption for electric hotpots....I am always under the impression that they do not consume much electricity....then my hubby bought the Panasonic 3L hotpot that can also pump out water when electricity has been switched off....water inside stays warm for at least a few hours.

I have a zojirushi Electric Hot pot (5L), the power consumption is rather low I would say base on my monthly power bill.

As I m very particular about power consumption, I always monitor and study the characteristic of the Electric Hot pot.

What I've discovered lately is that, I set the temp to 90degrees fix, everytime I top up water, it reboil automatically, however it doesn't stop boiling until it reaches 100degrees, which mean longer time to boil and thus use up more power. What i do is that i'll wait till it boils till 85degrees, manually power off main, 2sec later on it, it'll stop the boiling process, this way I save approx. 5 more minutes of boiling time. Hope my findings help ppl here.

yes, using the electric hotpot to boil water does take a long time. for me, i use a separate electric kettle to boil water. once boiled, use it to top up the electric hotpot & the rest left to cool as cool drinking water.

I have a zojirushi Electric Hot pot (5L), the power consumption is rather low I would say base on my monthly power bill.

As I m very particular about power consumption, I always monitor and study the characteristic of the Electric Hot pot.

What I've discovered lately is that, I set the temp to 90degrees fix, everytime I top up water, it reboil automatically, however it doesn't stop boiling until it reaches 100degrees, which mean longer time to boil and thus use up more power. What i do is that i'll wait till it boils till 85degrees, manually power off main, 2sec later on it, it'll stop the boiling process, this way I save approx. 5 more minutes of boiling time. Hope my findings help ppl here.

Hi, how's the heat retention if you turn off the power?

Hi, how's the heat retention if you turn off the power?

Well, I switch Off & On for only 2~3 sec delay, more or less to reset the boiling process, it stays at 90 degressC and at Keep Warm mode thereafter. What do you mean by heat retention? Is it switching Off the main and see how longthe water retain its heat? I've not tried that yet. Mine always stays at Keep Warm mode since day 1.

Edited by JamisD

Well, I switch Off & On for only 2~3 sec delay, more or less to reset the boiling process, it stays at 90 degressC and at Keep Warm mode thereafter. What do you mean by heat retention? Is it switching Off the main and see how longthe water retain its heat? I've not tried that yet. Mine always stays at Keep Warm mode since day 1.

Oic... i have just switched off my airpot. will see how's the temperature after 24hrs.. =)

1875716_20.jpeg

thank you.

used to have.

faster boiling rate = "eat" electricity

fixed temp at constant of 60degree celsius cos of baby = "eat" electricity cos thermostat feature

retention of temp after switching off = 2hr

dispense water = hv to switch on = "eat" electricity

will i get another one, yes but one where i can dispense water manually as i don't drink cold water.