Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junxian

Rental Depostit Refund

Hi all

Before I moved to my own place, i rented an unit with my friends... now that my friends want to terminate the rental contract , negotiated a refund amount which is signed by the agent and all tenants.

The problem is the agent is seems playing prank ( eg .. first say she will refund to all individually, then say will only refund to 1 person ) bla bla bla.... now after 2 weeks or handling over, my friends still haven't get the refund.

Is there any regulation on this ? like the maximum time an agent can hold on to the refund deposit?

*the owner is an old lady , so we can only deal with the agent.

:(

Edited by junxian

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all

Before I moved to my own place, i rented an unit with my friends... now that my friends want to terminate the rental contract , negotiated a refund amount which is signed by the agent and all tenants.

The problem is the agent is seems playing prank ( eg .. first say she will refund to all individually, then say will only refund to 1 person ) bla bla bla.... now after 2 weeks or handling over, my friends still haven't get the refund.

Is there any regulation on this ? like the maximum time an agent can hold on to the refund deposit?

*the owner is an old lady , so we can only deal with the agent.

:(

Pre-mature termination? Usually there's a clause in the TA that states no refund of disposit if the rental agreement is termination before due.

Pre-mature termination? Usually there's a clause in the TA that states no refund of disposit if the rental agreement is termination before due.

the thing about the refund is already settled... the refund agreement is signed. My question as above. Thanks.