Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juz_me

Pd Door

ok just found out my neighbour been using it for 3 years... now only the lock is spoil.. duno can replace the lock?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I recently bought a PD door to install at my Master bedroom toilet. They had installed the door without my presence as my house was under renovation at that point of time (in July). I then went to make a check and discovered that the door they installed was a wrong design. I made a call to the company to check. The person in-charge was very rude and accused me for making a wrong statement as the requirement i wanted was not stated on my invoice. However, I had stated the design before making the full payment at the point of purchase (in june). I also even called up them to make some changes 3 days after the purchase and the person whom I spoke to said he would take note. But when things went wrong, the company staff denied everything we told them and he said there was no black and white for the changes. I tried to explain to him but he replied in a very rude manner and kept saying i'm in the wrong. He denied receiving my changes and refused to change the door. The customer service provided by him was very bad. I was very frustrated and disappointed with the service. Furthermore, his tone was very harshed and pushing all the fault to me.

I had the worst possible experience with PD DOOR.

During installation, they damaged my bathroom wall tile when they drilled into a water pipe and it burst, it was a mess. Then they left the job undone and wanted my contractor to deal with it.

I felt that it shouldn't be the responsibility of my contractor and that PD Door should fix it up and complete the installation. So I took the matter up with them.

It took a WHOLE WEEK before they would even talk to us. During which time, I had to turn off the water main and delay moving into our new home.

And this is not even the worst part yet.

We ended up dealing with a man, known only as MR LIM, who is suppose to be the boss. We told him calmly that PD Door has to bear the cost of repairing my bathroom wall and water pipe since it was their installation that damaged it. That was when he became really agitated and aggressive. He kept saying he is not responsible for any damage. When we threatened with Small Claims and said we wouldn't recommend them to anyone, that’s when he became really abusive and threatened to harm my family. We were SHOCKED! How could he treat customers like that and he said he will “service” me if I have the guts to meet him.

When Mr Lim arrived at our place (he looks about 50+ years old), he was already very agitated. I tried to explain to him calmly again about the damage, but for some reason he took great offence and refused to reason with us. He raised his umbrella, pointed it in my face and threatened me while hurling hokkien vulgarities. He said if we were to take any action against him or his company, he will personally disturb our peace. He also admitted that he is a gangster and we better watch out.

There was no point carrying on with this Mr Lim so we told him to leave and went on to make a POLICE REPORT.

In the end, we paid for the damage that THEY created and decided it's not worth dealing with PD DOOR ever!

Shocking but true.

I had the worst possible experience with PD DOOR.

During installation, they damaged my bathroom wall tile when they drilled into a water pipe and it burst, it was a mess. Then they left the job undone and wanted my contractor to deal with it.

I felt that it shouldn't be the responsibility of my contractor and that PD Door should fix it up and complete the installation. So I took the matter up with them.

It took a WHOLE WEEK before they would even talk to us. During which time, I had to turn off the water main and delay moving into our new home.

And this is not even the worst part yet.

We ended up dealing with a man, known only as MR LIM, who is suppose to be the boss. We told him calmly that PD Door has to bear the cost of repairing my bathroom wall and water pipe since it was their installation that damaged it. That was when he became really agitated and aggressive. He kept saying he is not responsible for any damage. When we threatened with Small Claims and said we wouldn't recommend them to anyone, that’s when he became really abusive and threatened to harm my family. We were SHOCKED! How could he treat customers like that and he said he will “service” me if I have the guts to meet him.

When Mr Lim arrived at our place (he looks about 50+ years old), he was already very agitated. I tried to explain to him calmly again about the damage, but for some reason he took great offence and refused to reason with us. He raised his umbrella, pointed it in my face and threatened me while hurling hokkien vulgarities. He said if we were to take any action against him or his company, he will personally disturb our peace. He also admitted that he is a gangster and we better watch out.

There was no point carrying on with this Mr Lim so we told him to leave and went on to make a POLICE REPORT.

In the end, we paid for the damage that THEY created and decided it's not worth dealing with PD DOOR ever!

Shocking but true.

wow, scold ppl not enuff, still threaten to disturb peace?! WTF?!

My mum's place install PD door for both toilets, so far so gd, no damages after 3-4 years.

Wah.. what a horrible experience you had with the Gangster Uncle!

Though I think I kan carrot by my ID, paid $360 for the PDdoor (differnet colour in middle portion), at least I dun have

to liasie with the shop myself. Apparently my ID also got problem getting the person to come and fix the door. One of the worker took the $ and din give him a date to install etc. My yard door was the last to come after my renovation is done.

Edited by ene1010.tan

Wah.. what a horrible experience you had with the Gangster Uncle!

Though I think I kan carrot by my ID, paid $360 for the PDdoor (differnet colour in middle portion), at least I dun have

to liasie with the shop myself. Apparently my ID also got problem getting the person to come and fix the door. One of the worker took the $ and din give him a date to install etc. My yard door was the last to come after my renovation is done.

Funny thing is the Gangster Uncle claims to be the BOSS?!?!! I don't know as in towkay or 'lao-da'?

As a business owner, how can you act like that - I really felt like I was in some gangster movie! Un-freaking-believable!!!!

If anyone from PD Door is monitoring this post, I hope you can give an explanation - it was your BOSS that I supposedly dealt with and if that is really the case, I think you guys are in serious trouble. The POLICE have been informed. That was HARASSMENT and THREATHENING HARM!

I've just yet to take it up with CASE! And unlucky for you, in this day and age of citizen journalism, all this will catch up with you.

OMG! SAHM did the right thing by making a police report! Bullies like the uncle should be taught a lesson soon...

Anyway, my friend had a PD door installed at his kitchen entrance which for some weird reason, was quite narrow.

The advantage of the PD door in my opinion, beside the non track, is the space saving. It allows you to fold and tuck the door away with mininal space required. Just my 5 cents worth : )

these r 2 different companies but selling such doors working on the same mechanism.

In fact they r competitors although I think both r located at Eunos. Before I decided on glass sliding doors, I visited swindslide.com.sg at Eunos. But didn't have the time to hop on to PDdoor.

From my perspective, PD doors aren't meant for heavy-duty usage. If u need to swing & slide the door several times a day, I think the mechanism will wear off relatively fast. I haven't seen these doors being installed at public toilets yet :P

hi, i wanna to check which company u r refering to... is it http://www.pddoor.com/ or http://www.swingslide.com.sg/? are the two companies the same?? thanks!
Edited by edenstrauss

Is it the rude uncle from Balestier? I went recently and encountered one as well.

I think there's another shop selling PD at Eunos.

Hi SAHM,

That was a horrible experience u've had!

U shouldn't be paying them a single cent for their negligence in damaging ur place!

They are the same company under different name. How else will u explain that i engaged swingslide for installations, and pple from PD rang me up to confirm the installation time??? In fact there is also a 3rd company name, but they are all under the same pple.

Mine was for an oversized opening, being an enclosure for my very small storeroom. I was quoted differently by PD and SS, 629 being the former and 499 being the latter. So naturally i went with SS.

One guy from PD(!) came down to take measurement and when i told him that i wanted the door to swing outwards, he told me that that would cost more. I challenged him by asking what difference does it make for the door to swing in or swing out, I mean if it is used as a toilet door, it will just be a matter of whether I am in the toilet or outside. He grumbled a little and kept insisting they are different but unable to tell me the intrinsic differences. Only keep persuading me to let it open inwards, but I was adamant as it would eat into my storage space.

Went down to their shop at balestier and was told by the sale person that due to my oversized door and my requirement that it has to swing outwards, the price will be 549 instead. Not wanting to get pissed on a saturday, i caved in. He also required that i make full payment on the spot. Fine.

On day of installation, they brought the door down. That was when i realized that the door came installed with the frame already, and that was how they would fix it to the opening. I would have thought that the frame and door will be separate entities till they are affixed together. Turned out the measurement is wrong and is not to my requirement of which is to slide the door from right to left, and swing OUTWARDS on the left. So they heaved the door back.

I called up the salesperson and narrated the whole story of how i told two person of my requirements and how they both managed to fark it up. Now he said that was what i had requested. Bullocks. In short i told him i am not someone to be trifled with, and gave him a dateline for the replacement.

Replacement day came and it was alright, except for the silicon on the edges between the door frame and the wall not being done to my expectations. I wasnt around to supervise the job, so on that part, i guess i have myself but to blame.

rickoveron: sorry to hear abt ur first installation woes. is urs a sandblasted glass?

is the shop in balestier called east plan 21 pte ltd? i went down n asked... the pd and ss are the same company. but its weird that the two companies quoted differently in ur case.

Mine was for an oversized opening, being an enclosure for my very small storeroom. I was quoted differently by PD and SS, 629 being the former and 499 being the latter. So naturally i went with SS.

One guy from PD(!) came down to take measurement and when i told him that i wanted the door to swing outwards, he told me that that would cost more. I challenged him by asking what difference does it make for the door to swing in or swing out, I mean if it is used as a toilet door, it will just be a matter of whether I am in the toilet or outside. He grumbled a little and kept insisting they are different but unable to tell me the intrinsic differences. Only keep persuading me to let it open inwards, but I was adamant as it would eat into my storage space.

Went down to their shop at balestier and was told by the sale person that due to my oversized door and my requirement that it has to swing outwards, the price will be 549 instead. Not wanting to get pissed on a saturday, i caved in. He also required that i make full payment on the spot. Fine.

On day of installation, they brought the door down. That was when i realized that the door came installed with the frame already, and that was how they would fix it to the opening. I would have thought that the frame and door will be separate entities till they are affixed together. Turned out the measurement is wrong and is not to my requirement of which is to slide the door from right to left, and swing OUTWARDS on the left. So they heaved the door back.

I called up the salesperson and narrated the whole story of how i told two person of my requirements and how they both managed to fark it up. Now he said that was what i had requested. Bullocks. In short i told him i am not someone to be trifled with, and gave him a dateline for the replacement.

Replacement day came and it was alright, except for the silicon on the edges between the door frame and the wall not being done to my expectations. I wasnt around to supervise the job, so on that part, i guess i have myself but to blame.

what happened to RT member, SAHM, ought to be reported to CASE (consumer association of singapore). It'll be a concrete case since the complaint could be substantiated by a police report!

And something ought to be done to the company e.g. a formal warning because this is a breach of trust. When I recall what happened to SAHM, it's so scary... and happening here in Singapore!