Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hey, guess kelvin was out of action for some personal reasons...

but recently i got in touch with him to touch up my house and to add more features...think he is finally back at work....

guess you can try again if you have not found your ID

erms.. sick or away for personal reasons i do not know. but since he happened to dissapear after de moment he heard of my budget, i dun think i have any more to say.

moreover i din think my budget was very low. 40k is pretty much liao. i even told him 45k oso can if needed. :dunno:

but well, anyway my reno is oredi in de process, maybe i'm juz not fated to work with him =p

Edited by mwerkz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yeah, I have no intention to make some one black also, just the fact that the duty which the company should be playing is not there.

Imagine some one was assigned to cutomer full in charge, representing company. Simply claim that the guys is problemantic doesn't grant the company innocent. I am trying to say, something is missing there .

hi all i am a customer of gplan. i almost bring this issue to CASE.

All i can said is that not all id in gplan are inressponsible.

there are bound to have nice and capable id.

however the id whom i work with in gplan was really jialiat.

my nightmare started in april this yr. the whole incident till now have yet to settle.

let me just summarise the bad encounters with gplan.

1) she quoted us black galaxy granite and confirm that it will be from india. in the end when she show us the sample the granite is just like the kopitam table top. then ask her cfm if from india..she said yes. i got to find a pc of granite origin from india and show her. then days later come back to me said the sample she show me is china. india one more x! the price she quote rather ridiculous.

2) she send pumpler up to my unit to do the pipping w/o informing us, without finalising our layout, needs and requirement. i was so pissied off. already told we need to consult our FS master for an auspicious date before conducting the reno. Furthermore we had not yet finalise on the quotation, the requirements of what we want. and worse till din inform us at all. she also wasnt there when the pumpler went up to do the pipping. in the end, she din run the hot pipping for me. her way to solve the problem is - run my hot pipping outside my kitchen window into the common toilet heater!

3) she was suppose to do the drawing and 3d drawing for me. in the end i din rcvd any 3d drawing from her! despite in the contract stated after the payment i shall rcvd the mock up and 3d drawing!

4) she miscount the nos. of blum auto hinges despite we keep on asking her if it was enough. went down with her to blum office and the sales rep ask us a question which make us stunned. his question was " why u all choose her as yr id huh??"

5) told her that the solid top that they installed was blur. and got a scratch mark. ask her to rectify. took her weeks to come up and see. then said will bring back. 3days later carry back the same old solid top to us and said already rectify le! told her that the solid top was unacceptable cos it was blur and the scratch mark was there. she said the blur is like that one... and throw temper. she even scold vagular language to my bf in front of the solid top installers and the solid top sales mgr.

6) told her over the phone that the recliner for the window pannel meant for the dish rack came off. the blum drawer did not install properly she said she will look into it but still sep still no news from here.

7) told us free installation of bathroom accessories in the end said heater not included

8) never give us a time line as when to do the handover

9) never been to site to take alook...she dun even know the progress of my reno! i have to do the coordination my self.

they later send us a reminder on the final payment which is $1k plus when they haven even rectify all the defects! i then purchase our washing machine and while testing on the washing machine we realise that the drainage pipe for the washing machine got problem. the water actually back flow...meaning flow out from the drainage pipe! that was a serious problem. so decided to drop them an email and bring this issue to CASE to settle. only then another guy call gary took up our case and yesterday came over to take photos of the defects and said will email me the corrective plans.

all i can said is that this id whom i liasing with is really plain lazy to contribute ideas especially like us the first time owners who know not much at all. she also forgetful and nv make the effort in at least going on site to see how the progress of my reno. even the progressive payment..i got to make my way down to imm to pass to her! told me solid top got 5 yrs warranty in the end..is bull ****... no such things at all!

my experience with gplan was a disaster and i really regret going with gplan. sigh.

i am really a consumer and not from any id firm u all may check my past post in reno talk.

all i said is real encounter with gplan and i dun mind showing u guys my letter to gplan and CASE.

lastly when i went in their office..the name is under gplan but the contract i sign was under the name of Advanti Design. Do note that Adavanti design is not hdb licence one while gplan is. please do take note.

Wow lao.. I want to goto IMM Advanti design and see one.. like that I scare liao.. Gplan like that one..

Edited by kewin

Hi All, i am an ex-client of GPlan. There are certainly good ID in GPlan.

We have been living in the newly reno hse for 3mths already. From then till now.

We are very satisfied with what has been done for us.

What i have from them are extemely excellent workmanship + flexible in several areas + good services.

The ID i had, brought us to visit some work areas he is with, even before the signing of contract.

We did some rough researches of what we want, then we will meet up and discuss with him. He knows our theme well, and understand what we want.

He is very patient with us, gave us advises as in what are more suitable, and what cannot be done.

Or when our ideas can fit in the theme well, he will amend the ideas to fit in as the best for us. Everything are re-confirmed with us and actions are taken asap.

Another thing to mentioned is, he is quite a detailed man. He will take the effort to go down during renovation to do checks for us and informed us through phone contact. He handled everything for us, from aircons, to piping, to painting, to washing, everything till the handing over. He is a good ID, and his name is Gordon.

To summarize, i think is a give and take thing. If you are nice to ur ID, he will be nice to u as well. From Wong family.. =)

Edited by ahbee

Certainly there are good ids.

Question : Do you take that risk to assume the id is good? !

Management should be here to ensure that things doesn't go out of control, which is missing.

To roger's case, I cann't find any reason I treat him bad. He claims that he has medical issue, I even went down stairs to carry boxes for him.

Even more, there are at least 8 more cases against him, are all this 8 owners bad to him? Doubt That! Sometimes, pay back doesn't go as you paid.

Another Question : How could one dishonest guy did the same trick to 8 people over and over, management did nothing to stop him? Do they live in a different time zone weeks later than us? Or some other reasons. I think we need to rethink back on it.

If you encounter good id, like kevin here , may be, you are lucky. Do you think you are lucky always?

To be fare, I also made mistake which let roger able to take advantage. I trusted G Plan's name too much.

Question Again , to every one have a project now, and may be will have one in future, you sure understand to make renovation project keep going, you need to make decision here and there. Are you confident you can always do the right thing? I surely don't want some one always peeping and always ready to take advantage over single mistake I have made. Do you?

oh dear what happened?

anyway i am in touch with kelvin for the past few weeks as i have some issues with my hood. and from what i understand he was pretty sick for a while but is now back in office. nevertheless, its good that he still follow up things for us even thou we were his clients nearly 2 yrs ago...:)

hi guys..

i am posting on kelvin's behalf. actually GPlan is also taking action legal action again this Roger guy for embezzlement. Apparently the client has made payment to this dishonest guy in cash. :unsure:

Thus just to clear things up in case of any misunderstanding.

Actually, in all legal transactions, it is better to play safe....for instance, to make any kind of cash payment is a risk, especially if it is a big amount. So the best way is to issue cheque and direct to the company....

that's what i did, though i dont have a cheque book (hassle to maintain one to me...). I got my father to issue the cheque for me when making all payments. in this case, there is no way there will be any issues over payment..the most is the cheque bounced and let the ID chase you lor...nothing to lose in customers' pt of view....this will prevent anyone else to 'swallow' the money...

Certainly there are good ids.

Question : Do you take that risk to assume the id is good? !

Management should be here to ensure that things doesn't go out of control, which is missing.

To roger's case, I cann't find any reason I treat him bad. He claims that he has medical issue, I even went down stairs to carry boxes for him.

Even more, there are at least 8 more cases against him, are all this 8 owners bad to him? Doubt That! Sometimes, pay back doesn't go as you paid.

Another Question : How could one dishonest guy did the same trick to 8 people over and over, management did nothing to stop him? Do they live in a different time zone weeks later than us? Or some other reasons. I think we need to rethink back on it.

If you encounter good id, like kevin here , may be, you are lucky. Do you think you are lucky always?

To be fare, I also made mistake which let roger able to take advantage. I trusted G Plan's name too much.

Question Again , to every one have a project now, and may be will have one in future, you sure understand to make renovation project keep going, you need to make decision here and there. Are you confident you can always do the right thing? I surely don't want some one always peeping and always ready to take advantage over single mistake I have made. Do you?

Seriously everyone here need to take a risk when deciding who to take as ID. Cos never try never know. =P

And it is a matter of whether the ID suits you and have the same concept of dng the design that is up to your expectation.

Thus that is why some ppl said, " the ID i have might not suit you ".. Think is a individual personal liking.

I agreed with you regarding the luck as well. But my ID is not kelvin, is Gordon.

He is real good. =)

hi all i am a customer of gplan. i almost bring this issue to CASE.

All i can said is that not all id in gplan are inressponsible.

there are bound to have nice and capable id.

however the id whom i work with in gplan was really jialiat.

my nightmare started in april this yr. the whole incident till now have yet to settle.

let me just summarise the bad encounters with gplan.

1) she quoted us black galaxy granite and confirm that it will be from india. in the end when she show us the sample the granite is just like the kopitam table top. then ask her cfm if from india..she said yes. i got to find a pc of granite origin from india and show her. then days later come back to me said the sample she show me is china. india one more x! the price she quote rather ridiculous.

2) she send pumpler up to my unit to do the pipping w/o informing us, without finalising our layout, needs and requirement. i was so pissied off. already told we need to consult our FS master for an auspicious date before conducting the reno. Furthermore we had not yet finalise on the quotation, the requirements of what we want. and worse till din inform us at all. she also wasnt there when the pumpler went up to do the pipping. in the end, she din run the hot pipping for me. her way to solve the problem is - run my hot pipping outside my kitchen window into the common toilet heater!

3) she was suppose to do the drawing and 3d drawing for me. in the end i din rcvd any 3d drawing from her! despite in the contract stated after the payment i shall rcvd the mock up and 3d drawing!

4) she miscount the nos. of blum auto hinges despite we keep on asking her if it was enough. went down with her to blum office and the sales rep ask us a question which make us stunned. his question was " why u all choose her as yr id huh??"

5) told her that the solid top that they installed was blur. and got a scratch mark. ask her to rectify. took her weeks to come up and see. then said will bring back. 3days later carry back the same old solid top to us and said already rectify le! told her that the solid top was unacceptable cos it was blur and the scratch mark was there. she said the blur is like that one... and throw temper. she even scold vagular language to my bf in front of the solid top installers and the solid top sales mgr.

6) told her over the phone that the recliner for the window pannel meant for the dish rack came off. the blum drawer did not install properly she said she will look into it but still sep still no news from here.

7) told us free installation of bathroom accessories in the end said heater not included

8) never give us a time line as when to do the handover

9) never been to site to take alook...she dun even know the progress of my reno! i have to do the coordination my self.

they later send us a reminder on the final payment which is $1k plus when they haven even rectify all the defects! i then purchase our washing machine and while testing on the washing machine we realise that the drainage pipe for the washing machine got problem. the water actually back flow...meaning flow out from the drainage pipe! that was a serious problem. so decided to drop them an email and bring this issue to CASE to settle. only then another guy call gary took up our case and yesterday came over to take photos of the defects and said will email me the corrective plans.

all i can said is that this id whom i liasing with is really plain lazy to contribute ideas especially like us the first time owners who know not much at all. she also forgetful and nv make the effort in at least going on site to see how the progress of my reno. even the progressive payment..i got to make my way down to imm to pass to her! told me solid top got 5 yrs warranty in the end..is bull ****... no such things at all!

my experience with gplan was a disaster and i really regret going with gplan. sigh.

i am really a consumer and not from any id firm u all may check my past post in reno talk.

all i said is real encounter with gplan and i dun mind showing u guys my letter to gplan and CASE.

lastly when i went in their office..the name is under gplan but the contract i sign was under the name of Advanti Design. Do note that Adavanti design is not hdb licence one while gplan is. please do take note.

I am sorry to hear your encounter. We engaged Gordon as our ID, he has done a pretty good job for us.

Question: Why is there a contract which you have signed is not Gplan, whereas is Advanti Design ("AD")? There was a contract between Gplan and us whereas not AD, in any event, which i never heard of whatsoever AD from Gordon, who is a director of Gplan.

In contract law - unless or otherwise, AD is registered as a subsidiary from Gplan, else, there is no way that Gplan is liable since you are bound by a contract with AD, not Gplan.

• Like 1

Like Diva, I am an old customer of Gplan and my ID is Kelvin.. As someone had mentioned earlier, getting a good and responsible ID is like touching lottery. However, we as customer must also do our due diligence and check out recommendations and feedback of others first. In my case, i have no prior business with Gplan and only contacted Kelvin after reading the forum. I was not looking for ID Company but the ID. It is the ID that will be dealing with u and not the company. As i understand it, the ID are not employed by the company but use the company resources and contractors i.e, commission/profit sharing basis. As such, for anyone embarking on the reno journey, do your own research, meet up with the selected IDs, review their projects and most important, your chemistry with the ID. If u don't feel good or comfortable, move on and see other ID no matter how good is the quotation or how sweet/friendly is the ID. After confirmation, stick to the payment plan, no cash payment, cheque issued only to company are some of the basic precaution that we have to follow.

I have completed my reno since May 07 and still in contact with Kelvin. Now, he is no longer my ID but my friend. For the simple reason that he took great pain to ensure that my reno progress smoothly, provided regular updates, and most important of all, took responsibility when there were problems and rectify immediately. Even now, after 1.5 years, he responded immediately when told of a leak at my kitchen sink and got his plumber and solid surface contractor to turn up within 2 days to solve the problem.

Therefore, one of the most important part of the reno is the ID and not the company. However, u must still check the company background as a reputable company will provide better assurance. A good ID and a reputable company is half the battle won. Take your time before placing your bet.

I am sorry to hear your encounter. We engaged Gordon as our ID, he has done a pretty good job for us.

Question: Why is there a contract which you have signed is not Gplan, whereas is Advanti Design ("AD")? There was a contract between Gplan and us whereas not AD, in any event, which i never heard of whatsoever AD from Gordon, who is a director of Gplan.

In contract law - unless or otherwise, AD is registered as a subsidiary from Gplan, else, there is no way that Gplan is liable since you are bound by a contract with AD, not Gplan.

by the way ahbee not sure if u will see my post cos based on yr record...u dun seems to be very active in renotalk. so dunno u will log in and see my post anot. :)

hi ahbee ~ i did check with my id that time she told me she let me sign the contract with advanti letterhead was bcos adavnti no gst! it was too late cos sign liao then realise. all blame that i trust her easily at the begining. AD is a sub of gplan however if u enounter any problem cannot go radac cos AD is not radac approve.

hi...maybe to put things in perspective, I am not sure what are the actual things that happened. Only a summary of the events BUT to be fair, anybody should be mindful of any ID they are dealing with (ie. all transactions must be made in the Company's name and not be made in cash where there is no black n white).

When we deal with Kelvin, we only know from word of mouth that he is definitely trustworthy. However, we still exercise caution that everything he promised is black & white after reading so many horror stories (i believe he might find me very troublesome wanting everything in black & white lar but he still does it anyway to assure us :P).

In fact, he even reminds us to give him payment in cheque in his company's name to ensure that noone accuses him of pocketing any $ even thou we are quite comfortable with each other. He is pretty professional in that sense.

However, even thou Kelvin represent his company (which is his duty anyway), I am sure there are black sheeps around. And to accuse/question a company's integrity just becoz of one rotten apple is really something we need to reexamine.

Of course the company's role is to ensure that all the clients are well taken care of. But we have to understand that the person we are facing is the ID and if the ID is good, honest, responsible, he will still be good honest and responsible regardless of whichever company he works for. If an ID is dishonest, irresponsible, he will bring quite a headache and bad reputation to whom ever he works for.

Thus its a bit unfair to accuse that a company's integrity is in question just becoz of one rotten egg. Maybe to view it in a fair/balance manner we should be very selective and careful with the person we are dealing with, regardless of which company it is (even if the company has a very good reputation). I believe GPlan does have a string of very satisified clients with them and thus its really unfortunate that such a thing happened and its a lesson for all of us (customers & company) that we should all be very careful and vigilant with the IDs we are dealing with or the IDs the company is recruiting. :unsure:

hi diva - u are right. one rotten apple exist in the company does not mean all appples are rotten. i share my ecounter over here is not getting new home owners not to engage gplan but they got to be careful with the id they choose. like for me i cfm + chop wont recommend my id to any new home owners but still they can choose other good id if they decided to go with gplan

Wah missysg... that really sounds bad. I'm glad someone else has taken over.

ya...i was really pissed off with the id i engage. i take it as a lesson lor. what to do right

hi all...just a note to emphasis that i am not trying to influence home owner not to choose gplan as their reno firm. But just sharing my very bad encounter with all first time new home owners the kind of id i had engage. i have to let ppl know that this id whom i engage from gplan works and handle my project so that new home owners wont encounter or go thru the bad experience i had once gone thru.

i dunno how many ppls posting here are the id from gplan cos from what i know alot of reno id actuall came over here to do their own posting. however i give it a benefit of doubts on this. anyway...i just wanna let all first time home owners to take note on my encounter so if u going to engage gplan then dun select my id cos i dun wan any of u to go thru all the things i had gone thru. as a first time home owners there are alot of things which we dunno and need the help and advise from the id...so enagaging a good id is important.

by the way my id is a lady.... her surname is kao. so please be carefu when selecting yr id. thanks

o by the way newvic u just a newbie over renotalk wor. welcome wor.

Edited by missysg

if you felt that u still not very satisfy with the service provided from the ID, piece of advice pls direct contact with Mr.Gordon Leong or Kenny Leong.Definetly they will look into your case and will give you a good answer for both parties and G PLAN's reputation is already built up so famous and hot like cake.....just be fair for both parties......everything's can be solve in peaceful way.However i have a good impression for the IDs from G Plan..maybe due to certain ppl who is irresponsiple..............