Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asoon88

Don't Pay More Than $400k For A Hdb Flat

Umm just happened to read this topic and how time change things ard is amazing! No COV means NO house , right now! Luckily I bought one 5 rm (COV 14k) 3 months ago. :rolleyes:

14K cov is a good deal. :) Is it low floor? I realise high floor units ask for sky high COVs.

Edited by forgotten

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Umm just happened to read this topic and how time change things ard is amazing! No COV means NO house , right now! Luckily I bought one 5 rm (COV 14k) 3 months ago. :rolleyes:

lol i paid 25k cov for my 5rm 6 months ago. But i think its a very good buy.

My neighbour one floor below me sold his 5rm at a valuation price 35k more than mine and he even got 40k cov.

The demand is always there regardless of whether is worthy or not.

People also will not feel the pain until they are repaying the loan themselves in the long run.

Guess your house is very well-renovated or near mrt station?

I agree that many foreigners are cash-rich. I met some when I was viewing units. ;)

Not really actually, I only had built in for kitchen,master bedroom wardrobe, a feature wall cum shoe rack hidding bomb shelter, and master bathroom with simple vanity top and shower screen.

Thats about all I have.

But I guess we repainted the house in Feb this year, and the place looks new and neat cos only 2 of us staying.

Not very near MRT too, about 10mins walk?

I guess we are just plain lucky to find someone who likes our place enough to offer that price.

And my agent, probably considered good to secure that price.

If u ask me, I definitely wun pay this price! :P

I bought mine below value 5 months ago for a 22 years old flat.

lucky you.. good luck to the rest of us trying to get a flat during this period :bangwall:

Is it really so bad nowadys? I bought a low floor 13 year old 5 rm for -10k COV 4 months back... I think for low floor..COV should still be ok? Also have to take into account the overall pricing rather than COV or not when bargaining...IMHO

I started this thread and have kept to my principles.

Bought an EA - 12 years old, no COV, under $395K !

I started this thread and have kept to my principles.

Bought an EA - 12 years old, no COV, under $395K !

nice! when did you buy and location? i seem to see a sharp increase in valuation but yet cov is still maintaining

i seem to see a sharp increase in valuation but yet cov is still maintaining

For my estate, I see the valuation prices are maintaining but the requested COVs go up by ~20K. A few are asking >40K COV. :o

If many buyers are paying COVs this quarter, the valuation prices for next quarter will jump liao. :(

Edited by forgotten

For my estate, I see the valuation prices are maintaining but the requested COVs go up by ~20K. A few are asking >40K COV. :o

If many buyers are paying COVs this quarter, the valuation prices for next quarter will jump liao. :(

All the 5 room flats we viewed in JE is asking for min 40 COV if not 50k ( with not much reno kind )

We are consider very lucky to find one that ask for 30k and we manage to bargain down to 15k ( major overhaul required )

All the 5 room flats we viewed in JE is asking for min 40 COV if not 50k ( with not much reno kind )

We are consider very lucky to find one that ask for 30k and we manage to bargain down to 15k ( major overhaul required )

you must be prepared to give up the unit since you are game to bargain the cov.

for us, we did not managed to convince the seller to lower the cov, cos there is not much complaints about the unit (save for the lack of built in wardrobes, the rest of the house is in good move in condition). so we got our carrot head chop. but if we don't think about it, we really like our purchase. :)

as i read, i started to feel i have been carrot chop.

Jus purchased a 4 room with 25k COV.

Top floor, Corner unit, Near Mrt.

its nt easy to find a top floor unit so thus we actually agreed with it.

The offer frm another couple was this amt so wen we offer something lower, the seller rejected us.

as i read, i started to feel i have been carrot chop.

Jus purchased a 4 room with 25k COV.

Top floor, Corner unit, Near Mrt.

its nt easy to find a top floor unit so thus we actually agreed with it.

The offer frm another couple was this amt so wen we offer something lower, the seller rejected us.

Same here....as I read through the posts, feel like banging my head....

just signed OTP last mth for an EA at Bedok for 500k + 18k COV! Sigh....what to do....

We've been looking around for an EA around the estate and most of them were asking COV at least 25k and above. So when we came across this unit that was asking lesser, we settle for this. Also the view was good and unblocked but ultimately still need to reno at least 80% of the house.

Just wondering, will the price of EA go up over the years?Hmmmm

I found mine high floor , corner unit near, mrt 10 year old flat COV 15 K 4 room 357k included but at woodland land woodland worth it???