Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrtboy

Question About Windows - "holes" In Film

Hi all,

I just got my 5 year old resale flat and the windows have this blue-ish film/covering on them, which I think is to reduce glare.

But the thing is that the film is having "holes" (due to wear and tear?) on the edges of the windows, which is quite irksome.

The film cannot be removed from the outside or inside of the windows i.e. cannot be torn away by me.

please see the photos:

film "holes" at sides of windows

15s0q6w.jpg

Close up

24dfqiq.jpg

Can any one give me some hints on

1. What are these "holes" and what is the use of the film/covering?

2. How to remove the hole or improve them?

3. How to change the film?

Any help is appreciated!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My home's window also come with a film. As mine is full glass window panel, the film is actually a safety film which will increase the durability of the glass panel against accidental knocks. However, mine has a different colour.

You can call up those company doing window film. Ask them to check if your film is a safety film or is it a normal solar film. If it is a normal solar film, you can ask the company to replace/remove them for you. If it is a safety film, you might want to check if it is allowed to be removed.

You wanna check with Steven Chua (9199 7789)? He did the solar film for me and my parents. Reliable and reasonably priced.