Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jo_mummy

Anyone Renovated House During Chinese 7th Month?

My contractor told me he will be very free in chinese 7th month as he dun have much works to do. He even suggested me to renovate at that period.. Maybe other races like Malay and indian they dun pantang then should be ok lo... otherwise, those monthly paid workers must be very free on that month..

hmm ...my ID said that he has another unit (chinese) lined up to start reno same day as mine & will stretch into 7th mth.

guess depend on whether u pantang & elders at home will nag or not.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmm ...my ID said that he has another unit (chinese) lined up to start reno same day as mine & will stretch into 7th mth.

guess depend on whether u pantang & elders at home will nag or not.

Ya, it really depend on urself and your elders. lol. if they not ok with it, then they will do the 'chant' on you.

As for me, my reno will stretch over 7th month, FHB will be moving in also during 7th month, but the actual day for 'official staying-in" will be in Sept (after 7th mnth).

Ya, it really depend on urself and your elders. lol. if they not ok with it, then they will do the 'chant' on you.

As for me, my reno will stretch over 7th month, FHB will be moving in also during 7th month, but the actual day for 'official staying-in" will be in Sept (after 7th mnth).

hmm then might i suggest u go & pray on the 1st of 7th mth at yr new place void deck (presuming u r stayg in high rise bldg) to those good bros.

I'm free thinker... still .. i'm quite superstitious abt 7th month thingy... so far contractor done only all demolish work.. cannot complete before next month for sure.. dunno if i should let them carry on renovation work or wait till after 7th month..

my reno just started yesterday.. i guess its ok if the reno process starts BEFORE 7th and not DURING 7th mth shld be ok...

Me too.i start last week,will still runing the work on 7th mth too.but shld be ok lah!

usually patang ppl will prefer not to start work or move-in during the 7th mth..........however, ongoing work should be ok lah...otherwise the workers will have to take no pay leave for a month lo.......

mine started in early jun & now is still ongoing......was supposed to complete & handover before Nat.day but.....hiaz.....

Edited by santav

i started reno before 7mth, the move in date will it matters? any advise...

Ya~ wat do U think when all the good brothers celebrating w u yr house-warming....