Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HomeMaster

Our Love Nest

hi Homemaster, we are not sure what actually happened. But if whatever you've said previously (and deleted) were the truth, there is no reason for you to remove it. If the contractor is worth a praise, no one will deny him of it. But that contractor should also know, this forum is partially the reason his business grew. If he wants to maintain his good reputation, then come in and clarify, and not work backscene. And most importantly, he has simply no rights to prevent people from saying the truth. People have eyes to see and brains to judge. I'm sure you aren't the type who "ci bao mei shi zhuo" to go around create trouble mah.

Anyway a friend of mine was looking for cheaper quotes from contractors. Almost wanted to ask her to check out Jason. But to be fair to my friend, I really hope you can share with me what happen. Don't want to let history repeats itself.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi Homemaster, we are not sure what actually happened. But if whatever you've said previously (and deleted) were the truth, there is no reason for you to remove it. If the contractor is worth a praise, no one will deny him of it. But that contractor should also know, this forum is partially the reason his business grew. If he wants to maintain his good reputation, then come in and clarify, and not work backscene. And most importantly, he has simply no rights to prevent people from saying the truth. People have eyes to see and brains to judge. I'm sure you aren't the type who "ci bao mei shi zhuo" to go around create trouble mah.

Anyway a friend of mine was looking for cheaper quotes from contractors. Almost wanted to ask her to check out Jason. But to be fair to my friend, I really hope you can share with me what happen. Don't want to let history repeats itself.

Hi Dyleen. I agree with you. :D It is even more crucial for me especially my renovation is on-going with Jason. Nevertheless, I would like to bring out 1 point too. Renotalk is a double edge sword for contractors and IDs. As a form of internet marketing, it can spread like fires if some owners allow contractors/ids to show case their flat...vice versa, it can tanish his reputation once and for all if we proof that they cannot make it.. Of course all the writing doesn't prove anything. I love HWZ (<- hardwarezone). there have this saying.

NPNT. No pic, no talk. With pictures, we are able to judge for only ourself, whether we like the work of the contractor/id. We then judge for ourself whether is he good, acceptable or not. Pictures means a thousand words.

and yes! I am glad Jason is reading blog. :rolleyes:

Hi Homemaster, i agree with the rest, but of cos it's at your comfort level. if it's worth recommending, recommend it. if there's fault, highlight it so that others can learn from it. if the person responsible is reading the faults, then all the more betta. my 2 cents worth.

Hmm is your renovation still ongoing with him? If yes, maybe should wait until after it is completed before you start providing your feedback. Who knows, it might improve from now on. Also if it is still on-going and you share it here, things might become even worse...

Just tread carefully...I believe this is a sensitive matter as it concerns his business reputation. Share when you feel comfortable doing so...but I also agree with others that better not to share via PM.

was all the carpentry done exactly to the drawings? cos if not, i guess i have to my own drawings too.

Ok lah .... I think since homemaster doesn't want to share anything in public , we should respect him .

So Homemaster , forget abt the pass and let's move on.

So how's the progress ? Any photo to share ?

Not all the carpentry was done to my requirements.

I would advise you to design your own wardrobe and made sure that the delivered wardrobe matches your design. Mine does not match my design (and measurements) but it turns out quite well after some modifications and compromise (but it's a waste of time and efforts). If you have a specific measurements, pls made known to him in black and white. And remember to check for broken or cracked laminate.

I agree with Homemaster! If you have specific measurements, do make sure you communicate with him and write down the dimension on the drawing.. If not, they will just do accordingly to the "standard" size based on their experience. Do take note of the height of the poles and drawers also..if u got specific needs. :P

okay thanks homemaster n red_devil

i guess i will try to come up with my own drawings n measurements

rough sketches...i cant draw straight lines

lol

Hi everyone, please share your quotations with me. I'm getting my keys in a month's time and really in a dilemma as to how much i should renovate. Thanks in advance!