Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mothbhai

Cost Of Installing Bath Tub

We just took posession of a new condo unit where the master bath has a long standing shower cabin 162cm X 77cm. We are thinking of installing a bath tub in this space. My ID has quoted a total cost of $1200+ for installing the tub (not including the cost of the tub). This cost includes masonry work, making cement base, and plumbing to connect drain etc. It does not include cost of tiles, changing the mixer etc. I thought this was pretty steep. Anyone else got bath tub installed ... and has inputs?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
We just took posession of a new condo unit where the master bath has a long standing shower cabin 162cm X 77cm. We are thinking of installing a bath tub in this space. My ID has quoted a total cost of $1200+ for installing the tub (not including the cost of the tub). This cost includes masonry work, making cement base, and plumbing to connect drain etc. It does not include cost of tiles, changing the mixer etc. I thought this was pretty steep. Anyone else got bath tub installed ... and has inputs?

The price of a plain (w/o jaccuzzi) acrylic bathtub is at least $300

If you factor in all that, your desired built-in bathtub can easily sums up to at least abt $1500.

You may wanna consider those Stand Alone Portable Bathtubs?

i.e. you dun need to construct (i.e. masonry work, making cement base, and plumbing)

Based, on my market research, as i've just gotten mine a 2 months back.

The cost of stand alone bath tubs cost between $580 - $11,000 for designer.

Personally. I went for the Stand Alone type Bathtub.

Apart from saving the hassles on the contruction aspect, i also don't have to worry abt the hacking / demolition part, should 1 day i decided to do away with the bath tub.

You can see some pictures of those stand alone bathtubs in this thread

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20519 :horse:

The price of a plain (w/o jaccuzzi) acrylic bathtub is at least $300

If you factor in all that, your desired built-in bathtub can easily sums up to at least abt $1500.

You may wanna consider those Stand Alone Portable Bathtubs?

i.e. you dun need to construct (i.e. masonry work, making cement base, and plumbing)

Based, on my market research, as i've just gotten mine a 2 months back.

The cost of stand alone bath tubs cost between $580 - $11,000 for designer.

Personally. I went for the Stand Alone type Bathtub.

Apart from saving the hassles on the contruction aspect, i also don't have to worry abt the hacking / demolition part, should 1 day i decided to do away with the bath tub.

You can see some pictures of those stand alone bathtubs in this thread

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20519 :horse:

Thanks for the suggestion swift. Indeed stand alone tubs look great too. We had considered a stand alone options too, but the bath fittings company discouraged us because we wont have enough space around the bath tub to keep the gap between the tub and the walls clean and dry. Our shower cubicle is 1.62m X .77m, with tiled walls on 3 sides. If we put a free standing tub there, there will be a narrow gap between the tub and the 3 walls - which will get very messy - so free standers are not OK.

my contractor quoted $650 for a build-in bath tub (excl tub).....i found that too expensive...hence i when for a stand-alone hydra-bath $1.6k..... :rolleyes:

tubvanity.jpg

Like to ask who is in-charge of building a cement base with tiles for the bathtub ? is it the plumber or should it be the tiler?