Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tpwong

Buying Pte Property

I have a few questions/doubts to seek clarifications:

I am currently staying with my parents in HDB flat and recently, they added me as the co-owner of the flat 2 years ago. The flat has been fully paid.

1. Can I buy an EC in the resale market? I ever asked HDB this que but their answer seems to be abit vague.

2. How much of CPF can I utilise to if I want to purchase a private property (i.e. not EC)?

3. I read about the recent thread on the CPF utilisation...any experienced ppl out teher to advise me not to run into somepitfall?

4. I went for viewing before. Can a house owner sell their own unit without engagging an agent? How do I protect my own rights in this case?

5. For private property, do they need to get valuation report? I viewed a until whose valuation report is not out yet. How do I know how must I am buying above valuation?

6. As of now, which bank gives the best bank loan?

Sorry for the long list. You are welcomed to give me any advice on any of the items above you know of. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am currently staying with my parents in HDB flat and recently, they added me as the co-owner of the flat 2 years ago. The flat has been fully paid.

1. Can I buy an EC in the resale market? I ever asked HDB this que but their answer seems to be abit vague.

2. How much of CPF can I utilise to if I want to purchase a private property (i.e. not EC)?

3. I read about the recent thread on the CPF utilisation...any experienced ppl out teher to advise me not to run into somepitfall?

4. I went for viewing before. Can a house owner sell their own unit without engagging an agent? How do I protect my own rights in this case?

5. For private property, do they need to get valuation report? I viewed a until whose valuation report is not out yet. How do I know how must I am buying above valuation?

Sorry for the long list. You are welcomed to give me any advice on any of the items above you know of. Thanks!

2 & 3 - is best that u go down to CPF and ask.

4 - can why not, engage yr own lawyer for the purchase.

5 - is best u can obtain a valuation report but most of them will unable to provide one. It seems like market practise? Alternative is to call any bank and inform them of that particular property for valuation. The bank will able to check and revert to you by phone call. U may wanna call afew of them to have a gauge of that property price. This service is free, just call the bank and enquire.

Yes u can buy. I was the HDB house owner and I brought a resale EC.

U need to set aside $53K in the OA (half of the min. requirement for the retire funds), the rest u can use it for the purchase of the EC.

Yes the house owner can do without engaging an agent. Check the tittle deed of the house is belong to who/whos first. Then engage a lawyer and seek his advise on the payment issue. If need to pay the 5% deposit to the owner first, write the cross cheque with his full name and at the back indicate is for the 5% deposit of the purchase of the house. The rest, let your lawyer handle with their lawyer.

Don't need. But u can check with the bank u intend to get loan from the valuation of the house, they can give u the valuation in 10min.

Presently, I know SCB offering 1.5%, for 1st year.

This is to my best knowledge as how I brought my EC.

ec is hdb executive condo. Must be after 5 years right for it to be consider non-hdb.

10 yrs not 5

1st owner stay 5 yrs, if sell. Only can sell to Citizen or PR

Only on the 10th yrs, then can sell to foreigner.

Have been to a few new launches. Just wondering...why developers refuse to reveal their selling price psf? Isn't it good if they were to reveal the price before hand so that buyers can get prepared before they commit? Unless they want to see the respond of the market before determining the price.

Have been to a few new launches. Just wondering...why developers refuse to reveal their selling price psf? Isn't it good if they were to reveal the price before hand so that buyers can get prepared before they commit? Unless they want to see the respond of the market before determining the price.

because the psf is different in every unit............... how do they reveal?

the bigger the house, the lower the psf.......... the higher the floor and the better facing ones are of higher psf...........

anyway those who reveal always write "FROM XXXXpsf"........... normally those are the biggest penthouse unit......... haha......

because the psf is different in every unit............... how do they reveal?

the bigger the house, the lower the psf.......... the higher the floor and the better facing ones are of higher psf...........

anyway those who reveal always write "FROM XXXXpsf"........... normally those are the biggest penthouse unit......... haha......

What you said is very true. Agree with you.