Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Butoot

What To Do With Broken Buddha Statue?

Hi

Would appreciate your kind advice.

My java-rock Buddha was damaged by a flower pot that dropped onto it. The hands were broken off. Also, my pair of love birds and love ducks (one of the ducks fell and broke, the other still ok) were also damaged. I don't think they could be repaired. Can I just throw them away as I have been told that keeping any broken or damaged things at home is no good for fengshui. Is it disrespectful to just throw the Buddha statue (no prayers done, just an ornament bought from a nursery) into the bin? Should I throw both ducks away or keep the good one (will it be lonely)? Sorry if my questions sound looney but I just want to do the right thing.

Thank you for your advice!

IMG_9507.jpg

IMG_9509.jpg

IMG_9552.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Consulted a Buddhist Shifu last time and his advise is to just break the statue and throw away.

reason being is that that the statue is just for us to remind us of The Buddha (similar significance as photographs). It will be even more disrespectful to leave it lying broken in a forgotten corner

you may want to verify with a Buddhist Shifu if u want to make sure.

Edited by hawthorne

The broken birds,etc, you can dump them.

As for the Buddha statue, leave it as it is. You should get a small potted plant and place it near where the broken hands are. It serves two purposes :-

i) The plant covers to some extent the broken hands of the Buddha

ii) It shows the Buddha's loving tender care and nurturing of the plant

Putting feng shui aside, even a broken buddha statue can send a message of love,peace and serenity to the family and outsiders.....especially with a plant in this unique position.

Thank you for all your advice.

I have thrown away the birds but the buddha is still with me. I got a friend who said I should bring the buddha to a temple or to a big tree and leave the buddha at the side of the tree.

I am very uncertain. Sigh. How to resolve this?

Thank you for all your advice.

I have thrown away the birds but the buddha is still with me. I got a friend who said I should bring the buddha to a temple or to a big tree and leave the buddha at the side of the tree.

I am very uncertain. Sigh. How to resolve this?

Heard that if you have invited from temple, must send it back to temple.

Heard that if you have invited from temple, must send it back to temple.

Oh, I see.

I didn't get the Buddha from a temple. I actually bought it from a nursery in Thomson Road when I was looking for plants.

Could I just break it into smaller pieces and throw it away?

Thanks.

Just wrapped it up in paper and throw it away..

The buddha statue is a reminder that we should always remember and practise buddha teachings...