Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wind78

Why Do The Government Allows Ppl To Speculate Public Housing?

haha, there are reasons why a house need to be fast and it doesn't necessary means 'I WANT'... yes, people can choose to rent (even worse cuz paying for other people's home loan) or stay with parents (provided they have a spare room) or even marry later (and forget about having the possibility of children)... in view of these reasons, I say I need an apt fast, not I want.. You may beg to defer but different people have different needs..

Erm, yep. What I mean is that there are possibilities of "I WANT".

In your "I NEED", it is valid. Thus, if there is a need to buy a house, get somewhere cheaper and within one's capabilities. Ok. This statement is not directed towards you, bro. Just making a general statement.

What I mean is, if one needs a house urgently, and based on financial review, you can only afford 300k, and maybe you "WANT" to have a big house, get somewhere in Jurong West? or Woodlands?

Thus there is a choice.

Just like buying a car. I can only afford a Cherry QQ, I don't go look for a BMW.

That is what I mean.

So, this thing about rising price of flats and unable to afford is not really valid. There are so many options out there, just whether it is within one's ability.

Why get a DBSS? :) No one forces you to get one.

It is a matter of choice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
haha, there are reasons why a house need to be fast and it doesn't necessary means 'I WANT'... yes, people can choose to rent (even worse cuz paying for other people's home loan) or stay with parents (provided they have a spare room) or even marry later (and forget about having the possibility of children)... in view of these reasons, I say I need an apt fast, not I want.. You may beg to defer but different people have different needs..

Btw, how's the progress of ya hse? Nice drawings :)

TRUTH: Buying a house in Singapore is no longer "I NEED" it's has become "I WANT".

"I NEED" is long gone 20 yrs ago.

Keep up the trend pls or get left behind. Hahahaha

Just look at the valuation now! The price is every increasing SKY HIGH but the loan and affordablity is ever decreasing H.E.L.L (wow i din know this word will become ****) LOW!!!

And the govt/agents are enjoying the best of the situation.

OOOOOOOOO!

SHIOK!!!!!!!

Edited by Wind78

Erm, yep. What I mean is that there are possibilities of "I WANT".

In your "I NEED", it is valid. Thus, if there is a need to buy a house, get somewhere cheaper and within one's capabilities. Ok. This statement is not directed towards you, bro. Just making a general statement.

What I mean is, if one needs a house urgently, and based on financial review, you can only afford 300k, and maybe you "WANT" to have a big house, get somewhere in Jurong West? or Woodlands?

Thus there is a choice.

Just like buying a car. I can only afford a Cherry QQ, I don't go look for a BMW.

That is what I mean.

So, this thing about rising price of flats and unable to afford is not really valid. There are so many options out there, just whether it is within one's ability.

Why get a DBSS? :) No one forces you to get one.

It is a matter of choice.

haha, what to do when that is the only choice out of all choices.. :D unless I go become a monk or forever stay just a family of 2 :P

In reality, many do big renovations using loans and it is based on choice... sadly, people usually think of repayment as a problem when things are bad, not when things are good... that's why many people fall into loans/credit card traps...

anyway, sad truth as it may be, part of this rising cost is because the influx of people coming into Singapore and how they want a place in Singapore has also caused the market to go up because they can afford it..

And wanting to live near amenities made the price goes up as people try to outbid one another... sad case really for Singaporeans.. I still think the really poor may not be able to afford or to have to struggle much for a 3room even with 30 years loan...

Btw, how's the progress of ya hse? Nice drawings :)

I only have one drawing leh :D no progress, cuz starting reno late Sept :D

i think it's wealth to the bank / gahment lor. How many can afford to pay off in < 10 years ?

Can afford to pay off in < 10 yrs when:

Hmmm, pray the bank rupt lah.

Go back to the past 20 yrs ago and buy.

Strike big sweep/toto/4D(must invest $10000) and be the sole winner.

Learn magic to convert **** money to real money.

Hook up with a real super rich sugar daddy/mommy, give them good time in exchange for $

Sell your house, live with your parents or live at Hong Lim Park.

Work 20 jobs a day.

Wow this is fun, pls help to contribute more ideas.

well .. having a cap on resale prices would thus 'drag' down prices of new flats .. so this jus goes in a merry-go-round for all and then ends up in the pocket of hdb lor ..

must work for entire year to pay housing loan..singapore government is rich, make us poor..

if only can die young...

Edited by dean

Affordability of HDB flats was raised in parliament today. First impression is answers are standard FAQ and pretty "lame". Then I realise that the questions raised were ... sigh ... standard question - - which of course explained rehearsed answers. & of all precious airtime, decide to focus on COV. What do you expect the government to do with this? Stop COV & perhaps ... drive all underground market exchanges?

I was disappointed 'cos I do not think it addresses the concerns of people

1. With the rising population/new immigrants, how do we give Singaporeans priorities?

2. How do we address new couples whom want to stay near their parents (for practical family planning reasons) but finds matured estates' pricing out of reach or so close to private estate?

3. How can govt help low income family group earners <2k to realise dream of owner a house instead of 1 room rental?

Affordability of HDB flats was raised in parliament today. First impression is answers are standard FAQ and pretty "lame". Then I realise that the questions raised were ... sigh ... standard question - - which of course explained rehearsed answers. & of all precious airtime, decide to focus on COV. What do you expect the government to do with this? Stop COV & perhaps ... drive all underground market exchanges?

I was disappointed 'cos I do not think it addresses the concerns of people

1. With the rising population/new immigrants, how do we give Singaporeans priorities?

2. How do we address new couples whom want to stay near their parents (for practical family planning reasons) but finds matured estates' pricing out of reach or so close to private estate?

3. How can govt help low income family group earners <2k to realise dream of owner a house instead of 1 room rental?

They were like blah blah blah blah pay money more money blah blah blah plenty of money blah blah.

Came up with COE, COV, CO大便!!!! Seriously.... what else next?

Edited by Wind78

asset rich, cash poor

How to keep the bank busy

How to create job for those elite

it's precisely the whole intent of making us asset rich but cash poor....so we all have to keep on working till we are on our deathbed.....no 2 ways about it.....welcome to our new reality....... :P

it's precisely the whole intent of making us asset rich but cash poor....so we all have to keep on working till we are on our deathbed.....no 2 ways about it.....welcome to our new reality....... :P

singapore is ambitious to become a haven for the super rich and attract them from the region. Those who drop out from the growth will be forced out to migrate or live in third world country. Batam, Thailand or even JB are the choices.