Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poseidon_gal

How To Maintain Solid Top?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
can i use cif to clean my kitchen solid surface???

I dont know how to clean my solid surface... think kena tea stain liao.. sigh..how???

Use Lemon Pledge or similar product with magic sponge. :good:

Thanks for the tip!

I have a related question -

We are renovating our old place, and the contractor offered to "polish" the solid surface kitchen topic.

I am not sure if solid surface kitchen top can be polished like granite top.

Can you please share what it means to "polish" solid surface kitchen top - is it only washing and de-greasing or anything else?

thanks for your help.

Thanks for the tip!

We are renovating our old place, and the contractor offered to "polish" the solid surface kitchen topic.

Can you please share what it means to "polish" solid surface kitchen top - is it only washing and de-greasing or anything else?

thanks for your help.

hi anetha, i'm a corian solid surface distributor. for dirts on a solid surface, u can use BLUE scotch brite and cif to clean it off. but if the stains are absorb into the material, u can get the contractors to polish off for you. a solid top is polish by using sanding paper. but of cos not those normal sanding papers. a stain can only absorb by the solid top is when the material u are using is a porous material. thus it's rather hard to maintain.

Thanks for the tip!

thanks for your help.

did they charge your for the polishing? how much was it?

did they charge your for the polishing? how much was it?

hihi... usually the other brands of solid surface u get outside are porous... thus polishing is require every 2-3 yrs... and they are charging at abt 25 psf with a minimun of $250.... which ever is higher...

hi anetha, i'm a corian solid surface distributor. for dirts on a solid surface, u can use BLUE scotch brite and cif to clean it off. but if the stains are absorb into the material, u can get the contractors to polish off for you. a solid top is polish by using sanding paper. but of cos not those normal sanding papers. a stain can only absorb by the solid top is when the material u are using is a porous material. thus it's rather hard to maintain.

hi David, was wondering if you know of how to remove the frosted patches on corian top. Mine has got patches tarnished by strong acidic floor cleaners.

thanks.

Edited by stng936

can i use cif to clean my kitchen solid surface???

I dont know how to clean my solid surface... think kena tea stain liao.. sigh..how???

Use Muscle Mould Cleaner if it's a white top.

This help

i just finished renovating my place. my kitchen top's surface is in black. however it looks very dull, even though it's a newly renovated place. don't think i'll ask my ID to polish it 'cos too much hassle.

is there anything i can do to give it a new GLOSS look by DIY method?

Thank you. :)