Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SittingBUll

Inverters Or Non Inverters Sys 3 Aircons?

Hi guys, for my 92sqm 4 rm flat, i have been receiving conflicting advices from sales reps as well as friends. Since i have 3 small bedrooms which i intend for installation of aircons, some sales reps have been telling me about how inverter ones are attributing towards savings of around 50percent of electricity bills. A few others on the contrary said that if it is for home usage and that the aircons are typically switched on for only short period of time, ie from late night to early morn of around 6-7hrs, or during usage of study rooms during the evenings for a couple of hours, inverters WOULD NOT be significant, as savings would amount to be almost negligible. As inverter aircons typically cost almost 50percent more, what are the advices of you guys, and which group of sales reps are telling the truth? Lastly, is it true that Mitsubishi ones are overwhelming superior to the rest of the brands? Many thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Depending on your usage.

I bought a non-inverter, 3 ticks which are good enough for cost saving.

From the blogspot and internet searches, inverter savings will only comes in if you need to on 3 aircons every night with at least 8 hrs ie maxmise usages. Other than that, the price and maintenance costs are much expensive than a non-inverter.

My flat is a 5rm with 3 bedrms. For my case, currently i have a 1yr+ baby and 2nd one on the way. Most likely they will bunk in with my wife and me for another a yr or 2, when they are older till maybe 6-8yrs then both of them will occupy another 1 room so max 2 rooms on aircon at night. For them to occupy a room each will take roughly abt min 10yrs later... so maybe that is the time to change to invertor aircon and I think probably that the max lifetime for an aircon before it started to give problems.

Lastly do not buy fujitsu invertor aircon or maybe my folks are unlucky. Bought 1 sys 3, coming to 2yr-2yrs+. After 1 yr, no longer cooling only fan power, technician checked, one component spoilt, dunno what as i was not at home when they came. Changed and thought everything okay but less than 6 mths which is now, not cooling again, weak aircon power... technician came, gas leak, the outdoor compressor had one part freezed/iced. Component will only come on coming wednesday, oh my god, so hot, still got few days to go, hopefully it will solve the problems if not gotta suffers.... Lucky got warranty if not i dunno how much we are going to pay for all that.

Expert opinion will always say go for Inverter.

Apart from $ savings, there are intangible benefits like tighter temp control, quieter, and overall lower electrical design load.

Inverter is basically a variable speed conmpressor, and the benefits is in partial load characteristics. Most HDB only allow 1 compressor, so usually the norm is to get the biggest outdoor linked to many indoor units.

To use 1 big outdoor to run 1 small room, means the outdoor is running at partial load. In an inverter model, the compressor can slow down, and the fan will also slow down. For non inverter, it can only run in 1 speed, either full on or full off. Under partial load, it simply cuts in cuts out more often. Most power is consumed in the starting current of the compressor. Therefore energy saving is achieved when this cutincutout cycle is minimised.

I am biased towards Mitsubishi, and I do agree that are the best.