Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karen77sg

Toilet Seepage

Hi All,

My toilet is hacked and done up by my contractor more than 2 years back...however, 1 year aft I shifted in, my neighhbour below start complaining of water seepage to their toilet. I complained to my contactor as we have a 2 year warranty on our reno and they jus come up to put the "white cement" in btw the gaps...however, this does not resolved and 1 year later it leaks again at their ceiling and pipe.

My responsible contactor hack my toilet out of goodwill and redo everything for free this Apr. Bt the plm still persists and in May my neighbour complain again! And I got very mad as the sub con din do a very good job....then in Jul they hack again....tis time round they did a very thorough check, do a flood test and water proofing job before laying the tiles. This time round, my neighbour's ceiling no more leakage...bt the pipe still got minimal leakage. This is really bothering me as we have used many of our leaves staying at home to oversee the construction bt the plm still not solved!!!

Any experts out there to advise what cld be the plm? My neighbour's pipe got leakage?

Please help! Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All,

My toilet is hacked and done up by my contractor more than 2 years back...however, 1 year aft I shifted in, my neighhbour below start complaining of water seepage to their toilet. I complained to my contactor as we have a 2 year warranty on our reno and they jus come up to put the "white cement" in btw the gaps...however, this does not resolved and 1 year later it leaks again at their ceiling and pipe.

My responsible contactor hack my toilet out of goodwill and redo everything for free this Apr. Bt the plm still persists and in May my neighbour complain again! And I got very mad as the sub con din do a very good job....then in Jul they hack again....tis time round they did a very thorough check, do a flood test and water proofing job before laying the tiles. This time round, my neighbour's ceiling no more leakage...bt the pipe still got minimal leakage. This is really bothering me as we have used many of our leaves staying at home to oversee the construction bt the plm still not solved!!!

Any experts out there to advise what cld be the plm? My neighbour's pipe got leakage?

Please help! Thanks!

did your neighbour make any official complaints to the authority concerned? Let them go thru the proper channel and have it settled the proper way. U need not engage your own contractor to hack and re-do everything.

did your neighbour make any official complaints to the authority concerned? Let them go thru the proper channel and have it settled the proper way. U need not engage your own contractor to hack and re-do everything.

The proper way is to settle things among neighbours, rather than to complain to authority first.

Only when neighbours do not bother, then get the authority involved.

The upstairs unit is almost always 100% at fault, and it's the responsible thing for the upstairs unit to be pro-active.

The proper way is to settle things among neighbours, rather than to complain to authority first.

Only when neighbours do not bother, then get the authority involved.

The upstairs unit is almost always 100% at fault, and it's the responsible thing for the upstairs unit to be pro-active.

Ya true but sometimes go thru the authority might not always be a bad thing as they'll be the middle party and if works need to be done, both upstairs n downstairs owners pay lesser with their recommended contractor.

This type of online troubleshooting need photo leh.

Sorri....din take any fotos of the pipe below...bt the water is not flowing a lot..is like dripping bit by bit...bt i am sure its v irritating for my neighbours...

My neighbour did complain to HDB last year...bt the officer is v "nua" and since my renovation still under warranty so I get my contractor to do it for free....now I save the money but gives me more plm...haiz...

Dear All....

Thanks for all the replies...

Bt since I hv hacked twice...and the water marks on the below ceilings din surface anymore, cld there be a possibility tt the pipe below is "faulty"? And not my fault?

Is there any troubleshooting to be done? i really dun wish to undergo the hacking once more...really v scared of the mess aft tt...

i tink i hv to ask the unit below to complain to HDB and let their officer come and do a test...cos I hv done all I can already bt still cannot track the plm...I am at my wit's end liao...

Dear All....

Thanks for all the replies...

Bt since I hv hacked twice...and the water marks on the below ceilings din surface anymore, cld there be a possibility tt the pipe below is "faulty"? And not my fault?

Is there any troubleshooting to be done? i really dun wish to undergo the hacking once more...really v scared of the mess aft tt...

i tink i hv to ask the unit below to complain to HDB and let their officer come and do a test...cos I hv done all I can already bt still cannot track the plm...I am at my wit's end liao...

I think u can also contact HDB or u prefer to let them do it. Previously my parents place also the same. Downstairs always complain to HDB and insist we float the MBR toilet to give problems to her toilet as well as her MBR ceiling. Yup MBR ceiling. HDB came to do the float test twice and nothing happened. In the end, no fault of ours as nothing could be found and HDB also closed the case. Btw, our MBR was even used for bathing and yet they insisted that we wet her ceiling EVERYDAY! Singapore too stressful so many crazy ppl around.

Must see whether the leak is 24 hrs or only when got ppl shower, use aircon, use basin, wash floor etc. common problem is when the aircon guy install the aircon drain pipe, the pipe did not extend to the centre of the floor trap, so leak outside the pipe. Could also be when they glue the PVC pipe to the elbow, never glue all around. Could also be a crack at the elbow. So many possibilities.

I think u can also contact HDB or u prefer to let them do it. Previously my parents place also the same. Downstairs always complain to HDB and insist we float the MBR toilet to give problems to her toilet as well as her MBR ceiling. Yup MBR ceiling. HDB came to do the float test twice and nothing happened. In the end, no fault of ours as nothing could be found and HDB also closed the case. Btw, our MBR was even used for bathing and yet they insisted that we wet her ceiling EVERYDAY! Singapore too stressful so many crazy ppl around.

Hi.. aft seeing yr reply...I really hope my neighbour below is making a mountain out of a molehill and it is not the truth....haaa....

Mabbe they are "seeing" things...lolx...

Must see whether the leak is 24 hrs or only when got ppl shower, use aircon, use basin, wash floor etc. common problem is when the aircon guy install the aircon drain pipe, the pipe did not extend to the centre of the floor trap, so leak outside the pipe. Could also be when they glue the PVC pipe to the elbow, never glue all around. Could also be a crack at the elbow. So many possibilities.

Hi yoongf,

Yes, there is a lot of possibilities...my contractor keep saying there are alot of small holes beside the pipe and they need time to track the leak and seal it up...bt I wonder whether this is a long term solution?

Anyway I already scolded the contractor tt its causing alot of plms to me...cos everytime when they are sealing up the holes..I cannot use the toilet for 1 day in order to let it dry....

My neighhbour below complain tt wheneva we shower, the pipe will leak...bt my flooring all done, tts y no more watermarks...now I duno where the plm actually is?

When u say pipe leak, which pipe u referring to? The big white 4 inch U trap?

The pipe beside the toilet bowl...a U shape one..not sure wat pipe is tt? Bt its leaking a bit in my neighbour's toilet...