Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karen77sg

Toilet Seepage

The pipe beside the toilet bowl...a U shape one..not sure wat pipe is tt? Bt its leaking a bit in my neighbour's toilet...

Hi,

You are referring to the waste pipe that empties into the main stack. You have to go to HDB and tell them this is the problem. It could be a hairline crack along the pipe. But I'm puzzled as to the extend of the problem as only repetitive hard knocking with a sharp object could do that kind of damage. Or, have you check your water supply pipes? cos water leaks can travel far within walls before emerging into the open. Just my two cents worth of opinion.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I doubt the authorities will assist this matter promptly. As there are renovation had been done previously, the finger will point at the owner and contractor. Both of them will held liable in the event any damages to the building etc.

Since you had redone not once but twice, pray that there are no leaking anymore. As for the water piping at yr neighbour, is it cast iron or PVC piping? At the point of rework yr toilet flooring, you shld suggest to change the piping too at the wc. But is not too late now, ask yr neighbour to change to new piping instead.