Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gakuseisean

Living Room Inspiration

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi ya,

U r really gifted on what you do. May I know what you use for the 3D drawings and rendering? ThanX heaps!

God bless!

OWR :D

Thanks! I use Sketchup to create the models, and SU Podium to render them.

Love all your living room designs - helped me a lot. My living room is almost done! Where to get similar rugs at more affordable places?

Do you have more dining area designs, particular those narrow limited space dining area? After the living room, now trying to decorate the dining area & bedrooms.

Regards,

Louise

Edited by san20sg

Based on the 2 pieces of furniture you have purchased, a Scandinavian look is rather tough. However, I've came up with some suggestions that you can see below:

DesignEnquiry.jpg

1. PK22 Lounge Chair in Wicker by Fritz Hansen, replicas available at Lush

2. Roy Lichtenstein prints, available at The Wright Gift (ION Orchard and Marina Bay Sands) and Kinokuniya

3. Line Console by Grafunkt

4. Tolomeo Mega Floor Lamp by Flos, replicas available at lighting stores like Lightcraft

5. Traditional style carpet, available at Ikea

6. Stockholm Coffee Table by Ikea

7. Cushion by BoConcept

A. Kawaguchi Table (White Oak) by Lush

B. Forte Rect Dining Table (Oak + Plywood) by Lush

C. Em Table, designed by Jean Prouvé for Vitra, replica of table base available at Comfort Furniture, custom make a wooden top

D. Random Lamp by Moooi, replicas available at a myriad of lighting stores

E. PH5 Lamp by Louis Poulsen, replicas available at Lush and some lighting stores

D - saw it at lightings.com.sg tradehub 21 at $100+

E - saw it at lifespace concept at midview city.

Hi Gakuseisean,

I've read your blog n really like how you come out with the designs n ideas! I hv just got my 5rm flat keys n would like ur advise. I will be using black glossy tiles for the living room. Can you advise on the colour for my furniture, cabinet and walls?

Thks!

Hi Gakuseisean,

I've read your blog n really like how you come out with the designs n ideas! I hv just got my 5rm flat keys n would like ur advise. I will be using black glossy tiles for the living room. Can you advise on the colour for my furniture, cabinet and walls?

Thks!

Hi Gweny, thanks! Firstly, I would need to know what sort of design style you would like in your home - Sproost is a good way to figure that out if you're not sure. It's an online quiz.

Do post the results here, and I'll come up with some suggestions.

Oh and a floorplan would also be good.

Edited by gakuseisean

Hi Gakuseisean,

Just chanced upon your blog and loved the designs that you come up with !! I'm renovating my new 4rm flat in Sept and planned to do a 4ft shoe cabinet beside the 17ft seating area with the TV console , what is your opinion ? I took the quiz and my results were 50% rustic revival, 25% modern elegance and 25% cottage chic.

Hi Gakuseisean,

Just chanced upon your blog and loved the designs that you come up with !! I'm renovating my new 4rm flat in Sept and planned to do a 4ft shoe cabinet beside the 17ft seating area with the TV console , what is your opinion ? I took the quiz and my results were 50% rustic revival, 25% modern elegance and 25% cottage chic.

Hi, I think you should go with "rustic revival" and "cottage chic" - these 2 seem the closest to each other.

you should take a look at this design that I came up with. You can also check out Motto as well as Commune (at Millenia Walk) for pieces of furniture that might suit the look that you like.

You'll want to have wide-planked, raw looking wood floors for this look (laminates might be a good option), and white walls as well. Also, as artwork, you might like to hang up some empty frames in a traditional style on the walls. Ikea has some good options for your look as well.

Hi, I think you should go with "rustic revival" and "cottage chic" - these 2 seem the closest to each other.

you should take a look at this design that I came up with. You can also check out Motto as well as Commune (at Millenia Walk) for pieces of furniture that might suit the look that you like.

You'll want to have wide-planked, raw looking wood floors for this look (laminates might be a good option), and white walls as well. Also, as artwork, you might like to hang up some empty frames in a traditional style on the walls. Ikea has some good options for your look as well.