Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gakuseisean

Living Room Inspiration

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you sean for this thread, will definitely bookmark for future when inspirtation needed haha. Any themed kind of design? Like science fiction haha

Hi!

I love your designs and would like to seek some advice from you..

I'm looking at renovating my house and building a 8ft TV feature wall. However, I'm thinking of removing the tv console as I find it protruding out and collecting dust as we don't really fancy hi-fi systems. Not very kids friendly too. The tv console at my current hse are often placed with some unwanted stuff..

Do you have any feature wall of such designs? ? Looking at black,white and silver/grey theme.

Hi gakuisei I'm back. I am moving again and have to renovate again. However, due to a old European ceiling centerpiece (blue with pale pastel flowery design) that my hubby would like to keep, do you have any idea what type of renovation we have to do?

Many thanks!

hey guys,

u may wanna check out www.sosoon.com.sg

I got this cool cabinet to put my shoes & stuffs.. quite convenient & $10 off for new signup too

20140103105313_S-04.jpg20140103104251_O-1.jpg

Hi gakuisei I'm back. I am moving again and have to renovate again. However, due to a old European ceiling centerpiece (blue with pale pastel flowery design) that my hubby would like to keep, do you have any idea what type of renovation we have to do?

Many thanks!

Hello there, sorry for the really late reply. Good to know you're moving again, though it must be a bit of a hassle (haha)

I suppose you're referring to a ceiling medallion. If that's the case, paint it white - that's the easiest way to make a piece of classical design harmonious with anything more modern. I also suppose that there are other classical details in the space, since one wouldn't just add in a ceiling medallion for no reason - I also suggest white-washing those, if you intend to keep them.

If that's the case, let me suggest some back-bones to work with first. Consider a dark wood floor throughout the space, with white walls and white architectural/classical details. Then work with a neutral palette for any large furniture/built-ins - not dissimilar to what I suggested for my Belgian Inspired lookbook.

You can then take it a few ways, through accessorizing, as well as the lines of the design pieces.

1. Glam look

hollywood-livingroom1.jpg

Using classical furniture with an unexpected twist (e.g. high-gloss black/white lacquer, unexpectedly bold fabrics, lots of glossy stuff), create a theatrical space.

2. Rustic Loft

640_lagrasse-6.jpg

Use modern or transitional style furniture, in light/neutral fabrics. Nothing glossy, mostly matte finishes.

These are just some rough ideas - hope they help!

ceiling

This is the ceiling piece. my apologie it is upside down. I will prefer the rustic loft look but my ceiling is not that high (only 3m at the most) & may not achieve that look. How about the victorian mininalist look - do you know how to achieve that look?

Edited by san20sg