Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gakuseisean

Living Room Inspiration

Master Bedroom

Bombshelter Wardrobe

Btw, can I check with you what to do with the bedroom I posted above - there is no wardrobe and there is a bombshelter inside the room that served as a walk in wardrobe? What can I do with the bay windows that run along the side length of the room? Is laminate the cheapest way to do it?

photo (3)

Living Room

Balcony

What lights do you recommend for the small living room (4 light points - 2 more for living room, 2 nearer to the dry kitchen)?

Many thanks!!

Edited by san20sg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Btw, can I check with you what to do with the bedroom I posted above - there is no wardrobe and there is a bombshelter inside the room that served as a walk in wardrobe? What can I do with the bay windows that run along the side length of the room? Is laminate the cheapest way to do it?

What lights do you recommend for the small living room (4 light points - 2 more for living room, 2 nearer to the dry kitchen)?

Many thanks!!

Hi san20, my apologies for the late reply, I've not checked the forum in a while.

378_0cae7e90dc-large.jpg

avec-tweed-sofa.jpg

I still suggest painting your ceiling white, but since its not really genuinely classical, maybe you could furnish your home in a modernised interpretation of classical design? Think of chairs like Emeco's Kong Armchair (the metal counterpart to the ubiquitous Ghost Chair), a chesterfield sofa (you could either go traditional leather, or even a modern interpretation like CB2's Avec sofa). With such backbones, you could go for a rather eclectic look, perhaps something a bit like the one below - the key is a lot of layering of accessories.

bp-gt_-ormond_12.jpg

The alternative would be the minimal take on classical lines, like you suggested. Sticking with the same pieces of furniture I suggested above, you would choose a clean-lined, uncomplicated rug. Pair it with either one or two Ming-vase lamps.

Oriental-Furniture-Porcelain-Round-Vase-

Basically, it should feel a bit like the image below.

f868fe31ad043a33a8d93f2a0d502ea4.jpg

I also recommend you check out Taylor B - I've found out about it online, but I've not seen it in person, they are supposed to offer a wide array of furniture in different styles, at export prices.

Many thanks!!

As for your question about the bay window treatment, I suggest doing something that lasts for a long time. Personally, I feel that laminates might wear out over time because they are stuck there with glue, and under exposure to sunlight and heat from the windows, the pieces might loosen over time. Solid surface is a good option, and it comes in a wide array of colors. Alternatively, consider something like stone or even man-made stone (e.g. Caesarstone) - these are easy to clean, do not discolour, and are long-lasting.

As for lighting, it depends very much on the mood you'd like to create at night. The living room may be small, but its windows are large and generous - you shouldn't need artificial lighting in the day. Also, it looks as if your ceilings are quite high. You could do a false ceiling, with cove lighting and downlights on the living and kitchen side. Personally, I prefer that the space looks cozier, so my suggestion would be to not have too many downlights - the LED sort (maybe either one or two small ones on each side, much like what the floor plan suggests). Pair this with two floor lamps that flank the left and right of the window, or alternatively, one floor lamp and one table lamp.

Your kitchen area is open concept, so I suppose you'll be building an island-cum-dinning area. If that's the case, you might like to skip the downlight at the kitchen section and instead install a pendant lamp over the island. I'm not sure what style you're renovating in, but my advice would be to keep it simple, because the space isn't large.

Hope that helps!

Everyone wants to get the best living place and they will pay very great concern for every room in the house. It is sure that people need to follow the trend of the house for making sure that they can build the best house but there is nothing wrong if they want to apply something different such as by making the outdoor living room which must be great option for summer house.

I hope this conversation can provide a different view of the living room design. :jammin: :jammin: :jammin: :good: :good: :good:

Edited by Advertising Staff
advertisement

Private realms of the home, more intimate in nature, such as bathrooms and particularly, bedrooms, are spaces in which one might experiment with style, color and form, but communal areas of the home not only serve as the foundation for the tone of a home interior style and provide a space in which one might receive guests and commune with people, but can also serve as a space in which a home inhabitants might commune with the external environment. The living rooms that make up this collection are varied and desirable, but those that immediately follow are examples of how a living room can serve as an internal space that is still very much a part of its landscape.

Courtesy : home interiors

Cesar-stone-living-with-windowed-walls-6

Le-Anh-white-living-with-indoor-tree-fea

25Creative-chocolate-living-room-with-wi

Edited by bannisterlauren

I saved some of the inspiration of the living room. It does not even look like HDB at all. Im intending to do like a open concept with see through glass all over. The light box of the stairway quite cool as well. Anyone has other inspiration for open concept glass designs?

01a_JEFF_zps738beefa.jpg

04a_JEFF_zps9f3b5a38.jpg

If Im not wrong this is design by Sponge Pte Ltd. Can check out their facebook.

Edited by MissA

• Like 1

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us. They're very helpful. We're currently looking for designs we could use for our living room for the next home remodeling and the links you've provided will be a great help! I'm so excited for our home to be remodeled.

On 2011-05-28 at 6:25 PM, gakuseisean said:

RETRO CHIC

Again, another homage to the mid-century era.

retro_chic.jpg

retrochice.jpg

I didn't mention this in the pictures above, but the lamp is Artemide's Tolomeo Mega floor lamp.

Oh and while the Mid-century era was more defined by the use of teak wood, I think that the use of oak in my design makes the room feel a little lighter.

Oh and as for the Fiddle-Fig plant, do note that the plant does require some degree of sunlight to survive.

If you like this design, or would like to know a bit more about how to make such a look work, leave a comment on this link.

I think the best way to create the right retro look is to use authentic pieces. We just opened our Möbler- selling all genuine, authentic Scandinavian vintage and antique furniture. Have a look: www.moblersingapore.com. Welcome to our showrrom// Emelie & Ellen

DSC05720.jpg

DSC06140_copy.jpg

I liked the contemporary white design very much.It looked more homely it would also be a good idea to add floral rugs to the room as well so that it could bring a contrast of colors and make the room stand out.Bring in a lot of natural light into the room as much as possible.Here are some tips to bring more natural light into your home Add more mirrors and glass into the room so that they could reflect light and add in more windows into your room, they not only bring in more light but more fresh air as well.  

As the social center of the home, the living room plays many roles. It is a busy place where families gather and guests are entertained, a focal point for seasonal celebrations and decorations, and a quiet refuge for relaxing and reading. The wall colors for this multipurpose space should provide a flexible backdrop to this ebb and flow of activities.

004.jpg