Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

Hi all,

I have been reading much from this forum and would like to join in as a t-blogger :)

Attached is my floorplan

floorplan.jpg

Attached is my latest design from floorplanner.com. The circular things on top are alpha v6 white/black ceiling fans.

finalni.jpg

baby%20fan%20white1_500.jpg

The following are my past designs.

This would be the big space version of the house for the next 10 years. The sliding door is a 4-panel sliding door. This picture shows how it would look like when you open up the room. Oops I realized the flooring for the kitchen and bathroom is wrong. Bathroom should be pebbled black (i don't like grout, hard to maintain). Kitchen should be matt white homo tiles (i don't like glossy tiles, too reflective).

bigspacebeta.jpg

The future renovation would change the house to accommodate 3 kids, renovation to be done in 10 years time.

beta.jpg

Comments/advice welcomed :)

Edited by ossify

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I have been reading much from this forum and would like to join in as a t-blogger :)

Attached are my designs from floorplanner.com.

This would be the big space version of the house for the next 10 years. The sliding door is a 4-panel sliding door. This picture shows how it would look like when you open up the room. Oops I realized the flooring for the kitchen and bathroom is wrong. Bathroom should be pebbled black (i don't like grout, hard to maintain). Kitchen should be matt white homo tiles (i don't like glossy tiles, too reflective).

bigspacebeta.jpg

The future renovation would change the house to accommodate 3 kids, renovation to be done in 10 years time.

beta.jpg

Comments/advice welcomed :)

Hi Ossify,

Welcome!!

I am curious about the 4-panel sliding door. From the pic, I suppose you going to use it as your future doors (after the conversion)?

Erm.. so the sliding door is re-usable for the conversion, right? What kind of door is that? Frame less glass door, or non-transparent with frame? The 1st thing that came to me is, how are you going to reuse it for the conversion as there are no 'center' frame. Unless you are doing a frame for 2panel, but then there will be 'pole' in the centre, so cant achieve the effect for the pre-conversion stage.

And I noticed that your workdesk is right beside the tv console. Will it be very noisy for the user if someone is watching tv?

Congrats! Are there any windows in your MBR? U can consider swapping the position of the bed w the sofa in your MBR.... :)

yes there's a 3 pane window.

originally i put the bed under the window.. but i don't know if my headboard will cover the window.

anyway, it doesn't matter because i can shift it next time if i'm not happy with the placement :) no problem with that one.

the aircon will be placed above the door frame so it won't affect placement of bed/sofa.

Hi Ossify,

Welcome!!

I am curious about the 4-panel sliding door. From the pic, I suppose you going to use it as your future doors (after the conversion)?

Erm.. so the sliding door is re-usable for the conversion, right? What kind of door is that? Frame less glass door, or non-transparent with frame? The 1st thing that came to me is, how are you going to reuse it for the conversion as there are no 'center' frame. Unless you are doing a frame for 2panel, but then there will be 'pole' in the centre, so cant achieve the effect for the pre-conversion stage.

And I noticed that your workdesk is right beside the tv console. Will it be very noisy for the user if someone is watching tv?

yes my 4-panel sliding door will be the future doors for my kids :)

i am using Alum Sliding Door W/Top Fixed 4 Panel WPC/Glass. the 'centre' frame would be the middle 2 panels. there will be no poles. it's all sliding, not swinging.

yes my workdesk is right beside the tv console. i wouldn't be watching tv if i'm at the workdesk :) the children will have their own workdesk in their rooms.

no dinning area?

you see that 2.4m x 0.6m table on the other side of my fridge?

that's the dining area :)

can fit 4 people without moving the table out

if i move it out, can fit 8-10 people

Edited by ossify

any picture of the original house?i think flat there is not cheap,how much did u pay for it? :unsure:

hmm i haven't taken any pictures yet :)

320k, see my sig

Bought some items from Comex 2009.

iRobot Roomba 530 at $728 (free filter and sidebrush)

Eubiq customised solutions at $2000 (5m, 26 adaptors, 4 lights, 1 cobra, 4 rj45, usb charger) (Comex gave free wireless headphones)

and from IMM

Besglas customised solutions at $2711 (full height 7ft tempered sliding door with 2 fixed panel and 2 mobile panels, full height 4.5ft fixed panel tempered glass shower enclosure with full height 3ft pivot door (5.3% capitacard rebate)

Bought some items from Comex 2009.

iRobot Roomba 530 at $728 (free filter and sidebrush)

Eubiq customised solutions at $2000 (5m, 26 adaptors, 4 lights, 1 cobra, 4 rj45, usb charger) (Comex gave free wireless headphones)

and from IMM

Besglas customised solutions at $2711 (full height 7ft tempered sliding door with 2 fixed panel and 2 mobile panels, full height 4.5ft fixed panel tempered glass shower enclosure with full height 3ft pivot door (5.3% capitacard rebate)

My wishlist to get iRobot Roomba. Wanted the vacuum one and the mopping one (got right)? :dribble:

Any idea whats the price outside?

Let me know if good to use anot. Definitely suit lazy bum like me...lolz....

My wishlist to get iRobot Roomba. Wanted the vacuum one and the mopping one (got right)? :dribble:

Any idea whats the price outside?

Let me know if good to use anot. Definitely suit lazy bum like me...lolz....

The mopping one is very expensive in Singapore. At the comex it was going at 1198 for the Scooba 385. Frankly, I have always wanted to buy Roomba from US. It's half the price there, but in USD and no local warranty. After considering the currency exchange, it's 25% discount off the local price for an 'export' set. I figured the warranty would be worth it. But if I like this Roomba, my next updated Roomba will be bought from US (since i can use the same power adaptor).

It's definitely good to use if you want daily vacuuming without doing it yourself. I don't think you need to mop daily though... but you will not want to activate both at the same time :D

The following are the locations of the outlets selling the iRobots:

Showroom

Blk 34 Upp Cross St #04-138 (next to old people park complex)

6532 3733

Courts Bt Timah

205 Upp Bt Timah Rd

6468 1355

Courts Toa Payoh

460 Toa Payoh Lor 6

1800 222 6868

Courts Mega Store

50 Tampines North Drive

1800 222 6868

Best Denki Vivo City

Vivo city 2nd Floor

Pls call individual store for the availability of stock.

The prices are as follows:

Roomba Silver Junior

(3-4 rooms HDB flat)

S$398 (promotion price)

S$498

Robot, 1 charger, 1 virtual wall.

Roomba Silver

(silver color)

S$538

Robot, 1 charger, 2 virtual wall, extra brush/roller

Roomba 530

(4-5 rooms HDB flat)

S$788

Robot, 1 homebase 1 charger, 1 virtual wall

Roomba 560

(5-Executive HDB flat)

S$988

Robot, 1 homebase , 1 charger, 2 scheduler vitual walls with light house

Scooba 385

(45 min each run)

S$1323

Robot, 1 charger, 1 battery

All robots come with one year warranty except for battery which is 6 months only.

Bro Ossify,

No pics ah? House handled over already ah?

just finished 1st appt, waiting 6 weeks for 2nd appt :)

the house is very run down, i'll post the pics next time i go for site visit, probably next sat.

Bought 2x Taiyo induction cooker at $78 each from Best Denki at IMM.

1223954985_IS82-BIG.jpg

IS82

* Strong heating power with high heating efficiency

* 6 heating levels for convenient operation

* Self-protection ability for safe usage

* Digital display and accurate control

* Operational friendly design for ease of cooking

* Made in Japan high durability NEG plate

* Appearance dimension (360x300x64)mm

* Weight 2.42kg

SPECIFICATIONS

Rated Power 1800W