Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

wah seh...neatly done...

must learn fr ya.

thanks, any suggestions please feel free to give. nobody answering my questions in this post :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I think it's a 1-pc WC :D

I am intending to shift the orientation of the WC so yes I must remind myself to measure the exact dimensions of the toilet and the drainage pipe.

Thanks for the headsup!

spoke to contractor, cannot shift WC orientation, oh well

u pro liao, don't need our input at all. i know nuts on this, how to advice. hehe. :)

:(

spoke to contractor, cannot shift WC orientation, oh well

I looked at this and it seems fine. Really. But I am not a contractor/ID, won't know whether it is feasible or not. But nothing is impossible, impossible is nothing. Ha. :)

Guest Goobii
Attached is my latest design from floorplanner.com. The circular things on top are alpha v6 white/black ceiling fans.

baby%20fan%2040%20black500.jpg

Actually, I am worried about the V6.... as the old 3rm the ceiling are much lower.... or maybe because I am tall, I could actually touch my own house ceiling just by tip toe.. above the ground...

I installed just 1x V6. @ living hall... maybe will plan for the 2nd one @ my dinning area as I think there down light may not be enough to brighten up the place...

Guest Goobii
today a contractor came to my place, told me to do the following which i would like to see advice on..

i intend to laminate my flooring with Robina laminates, which comes with waterproof layer and a foam padding layer below it. do i need to remove the current existing vinyl tiles? every laminate shop that i approached told me i can just overlay. is the contractor trying to squeeze more $ from me? :P

i intend to run my water pipes into my house near the top corner of my ceiling. my contractor said he can drill a hole through the beam so that the water pipe can go through it. is that safe? allowed by hdb?

if i buy my tiles direct from hafary or LSH, can i get any discount? or should i just let the contractor bring me to select tiles?

No need to hack flooring.. usually if the contractor request u to hack is because they want to earn more from you....

Pipping for water or gas CANNOT DRILL hole across BEAM~! it is TOOOO stiff and cannot be done. Need to run it under the beam... and go back up to ceiling again... quite ugly but no choice... BOX it up with L-box and it would be nice..

WC position cannot change. U can see my T-blog at the location of the HOLE.

Tiles buy direct and you supply yourself to the contractor is much much cheaper.

*I already been thru all those you want to ask... hope I could still advice you a little.. before you start renovation...

Edited by Goobii

Actually, I am worried about the V6.... as the old 3rm the ceiling are much lower.... or maybe because I am tall, I could actually touch my own house ceiling just by tip toe.. above the ground...

I installed just 1x V6. @ living hall... maybe will plan for the 2nd one @ my dinning area as I think there down light may not be enough to brighten up the place...

floor to ceiling is 2.5m in living room and bedrooms so should be okay. how tall are you?

my kitchen floor to ceiling is actually 2.4m so that one i probably will need to reconsider. maybe use an alpha colourful baby fan :D

baby%20fan%20rainbow500.jpg

No need to hack flooring.. usually if the contractor request u to hack is because they want to earn more from you....

Pipping for water or gas CANNOT DRILL hole across BEAM~! it is TOOOO stiff and cannot be done. Need to run it under the beam... and go back up to ceiling again... quite ugly but no choice... BOX it up with L-box and it would be nice..

WC position cannot change. U can see my T-blog at the location of the HOLE.

Tiles buy direct and you supply yourself to the contractor is much much cheaper.

*I already been thru all those you want to ask... hope I could still advice you a little.. before you start renovation...

thanks for replying! ya i also think they just want to earn my money :D

my plumber insist can drill leh... wonder if anyone do before. wait he do halfway say cannot drill, then ask me top up money to extend...

i see, ok i will buy direct then. what's the rate for tiling per day? $100-150? I'm only tiling half my kitchen floor, and my extended toilet and bathroom floor and walls. One day can settle?

Edited by ossify

Am very very envious of your Eubiq system, I wanted to put it into the kitchen but our layout wasn't quite suitable.

As for the Klippan, do check out the As-is corner at Ikea if you plan to change the covers. They sometimes have great deals on sofa seat covers that are discontinued or used as showroom pieces.

anyone can suggest where i can go to see tiles at places that can give discount? :D

i got mine (via contractor) at sin lek....selection was pretty ok.

very accomadating whenever i call to change my mind---i did note down all the numbers etc, so that i needn't go down again...

very far ...eunos. :P

as for whether they give discount, i'm not sure....i'm relying on my contractor to get them...

Am very very envious of your Eubiq system, I wanted to put it into the kitchen but our layout wasn't quite suitable.

As for the Klippan, do check out the As-is corner at Ikea if you plan to change the covers. They sometimes have great deals on sofa seat covers that are discontinued or used as showroom pieces.

please do not envy. you can do it too. if in doubt how to do so, you can put your floorplan here or take a picture of your kitchen, i'll advise you.

i've been visiting the as-is but so far no klippan covers. anyway mine is leather. kinda weird to put fabric on top

today a contractor came to my place, told me to do the following which i would like to see advice on..

i intend to laminate my flooring with Robina laminates, which comes with waterproof layer and a foam padding layer below it. do i need to remove the current existing vinyl tiles? every laminate shop that i approached told me i can just overlay. is the contractor trying to squeeze more $ from me? :P

i intend to run my water pipes into my house near the top corner of my ceiling. my contractor said he can drill a hole through the beam so that the water pipe can go through it. is that safe? allowed by hdb?

if i buy my tiles direct from hafary or LSH, can i get any discount? or should i just let the contractor bring me to select tiles?

hihi... i have similar questions running thru' my mind too. Skeptical about overlaying without hacking. Other than the possibility of feeling 'elevated' because you do overlay (for me is tiles over existing tiles for my living room), not sure if there is other side effect, in the years to come (by then usually warranty is over).

If you are getting your own tiles, you need to know how many tiles are needed, guess you have to consult your ID. By doing so they may earn less because i think they also mark up a little on the tiles if you get it from them. When they earn less, they may not be happy and they may compromise on quality by using inferior materials on other areas? I dunno..... sometimes i feel this kind of thing we as customers a bit on the losing end.

Just some of my thoughts although i also scrutinize a lot on my ID's quotations. :D

Found a picture of what my kitchen with Eubiq will look like. This is L shaped, my kitchen will be "11" shaped

73394900.jpg

Checked my quotation. My Eubiq will consist of 1m of track for TV console, 0.8m for dining area, 0.8m for mbr, and 1.2m for kitchen.

Includes 14 compact adaptors, 12 premium adaptors, 2 motion sensor lights, 2 toggle switch lights, 1 study led light, 1 usb charger, 4 sockets for RJ45 or RJ22, delivery and installation.

Total damage is $2k

$2k is alot man... for me i think Eubiq is helpful for areas where potentially u may need lots of powerpoints for many stuffs, for e.g the tv console area... it is neat to have just 1 strip across... but... as long as you are happy and think it is worth it :)

Guest Goobii

For tile..

Go to the TILE warehouse @ Jurong near IMM..

SOON BEE HUAT TRADING PTE LTD,one of the largest tiles supplier in Singapore,located at NO.3.A TOH GUAN ROAD EAST(behind IMM BUILDING) or TANJONG KATONG ROAD..they got the large showroom/displays

please do not envy. you can do it too. if in doubt how to do so, you can put your floorplan here or take a picture of your kitchen, i'll advise you.

My renovation is over!

I wanted the Eubiq system because it looks so cool, but then to be frank with you, I would have little to no use for it since I don't shift my electronics around (or cook often for that matter). It's a very neat idea, but I'm not quite sure I would want to spend so much on a cool gadget like that.

Eubiq certainly has very practical usages though, I hope you enjoy yours!