Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

I would recommend you to get quotes from Sun Sun Glass and Besglas.

Sun Sun Glass charges less for the glass, but their sliding mechanism seems expensive.

Besglas charges more for the glass, but their sliding mechanism seems cheaper.

So just get quotation from both and decide for yourself :)

Thanks Ossify... I also understand that u want to use acrylic mirrors to dress up ur walls... I was just having a look at the damas webbie yesterday and came across the acrylic mirrors... it looks interesting, but am wondering how to use it? like is it just to use as large acrylic panels/sheets?? have u seen the actual product?? wonder how it can be used.. do you have any pics to share ? and most importantly, how much does it cost ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks Ossify... I also understand that u want to use acrylic mirrors to dress up ur walls... I was just having a look at the damas webbie yesterday and came across the acrylic mirrors... it looks interesting, but am wondering how to use it? like is it just to use as large acrylic panels/sheets?? have u seen the actual product?? wonder how it can be used.. do you have any pics to share ? and most importantly, how much does it cost ?

I am not sure how I will use it, but most likely will use it for light redirection to enable the whole house to look bright. It's very thin and light so it is much more safe than using a big mirror. I have not had the time to go there to take a look at their products yet but I surely will do so. I intend to use their products to DIY my "light box", a wire concealer for my TV console and maybe use for backsplash in kitchen. No pictures yet as my reno haven't started, now is planning stage and data accumulation. Keep your eyes peeled :P

Edited by ossify

I am not sure how I will use it, but most likely will use it for light redirection to enable the whole house to look bright. It's very thin and light so it is much more safe than using a big mirror. I have not had the time to go there to take a look at their products yet but I surely will do so. I intend to use their products to DIY my "light box", a wire concealer for my TV console and maybe use for backsplash in kitchen. No pictures yet as my reno haven't started, now is planning stage and data accumulation. Keep your eyes peeled :P

Wah, I am so happy. Finally, I found an acrylic supporter. I intend to use acrylic as my study top. I like the"plastic-ky" yet solid look. Hahaha but dunno workable or not. Let my contractor crack his head lah. Then, I oso intend to use the rod & tube as a divider for my dining area.

I saw the website that you list in one of the threat. Am really surprise they have acrylic mirror. But too bad oni comes in gold and silver color. Will try to think how I can incorporate this into my new house ;)

Best Regards !

Wah, I am so happy. Finally, I found an acrylic supporter. I intend to use acrylic as my study top. I like the"plastic-ky" yet solid look. Hahaha but dunno workable or not. Let my contractor crack his head lah. Then, I oso intend to use the rod & tube as a divider for my dining area.

I saw the website that you list in one of the threat. Am really surprise they have acrylic mirror. But too bad oni comes in gold and silver color. Will try to think how I can incorporate this into my new house ;)

Best Regards !

er.. thanks :)

I support whatever is safe and cheap.

But if you want to use acrylic as study top, you may want to consider a scratch test. Some acrylics are scratch resistant (eg. solid surface). Some are so easily scratched I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole.

Although they say gold and silver color, I think they are referring to the mirror surface. If you look at the picture, there's red, white, blue, etc. So you can have white background + gold mirror or red background + silver mirror, etc. I think white background with silver mirror would suit my theme :paint:

thanks, my house is gonna be a white house :D

generally, LCD has a soft screen while plasma has a hard screen so it's more child-proof

LCD works better in daylight while plasma works better in night condition so if you like watching tv in dim conditions, plasma's better

plasma's colour saturation is richer than lcd

image sharpness depends on resolution. a hd-ready lcd and a hd-ready plasma are the same.

anyway, i bought plasma for 3 reasons.

1. i rarely watch tv and if i do, it'll be at night

2. the colour looks better too

3. it's $599 :D

your reasons on the child proof very valid....my lcd was damaged due to that....

till now have not got a replacement...where did you get the tv? Its cheap.....how many inches?

your reasons on the child proof very valid....my lcd was damaged due to that....

till now have not got a replacement...where did you get the tv? Its cheap.....how many inches?

:o

your child must have been very playful :P

got from audiohouse, 42" (in my sig)

:o

your child must have been very playful :P

got from audiohouse, 42" (in my sig)

aiyo!!! the tv with me about 1 year...at old place never happen anything...only used for less than one monthe at the new place and some more one year warranty just over....only can look on the bright side...

gonna go to audio house to take a look liao...do you have to bargain with them?

er.. thanks :)

I support whatever is safe and cheap.

But if you want to use acrylic as study top, you may want to consider a scratch test. Some acrylics are scratch resistant (eg. solid surface). Some are so easily scratched I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole.

Although they say gold and silver color, I think they are referring to the mirror surface. If you look at the picture, there's red, white, blue, etc. So you can have white background + gold mirror or red background + silver mirror, etc. I think white background with silver mirror would suit my theme :paint:

Hmmm, thks for the advice. I will take note of the scratch issue.

aiyo!!! the tv with me about 1 year...at old place never happen anything...only used for less than one monthe at the new place and some more one year warranty just over....only can look on the bright side...

gonna go to audio house to take a look liao...do you have to bargain with them?

if you go there to buy their cheapest item, they will definitely try to persuade you to buy the more expensive items. standard sales tactics, i guess.

Hmmm, thks for the advice. I will take note of the scratch issue.

yes, it's very important if you are looking in the long run.

today I happened to walk into a glass shop Ittibaa Glazing Enterprise.

was quoted for the following:

7ft x 3ft 8mm (lighter so won't be shaky) wall mounted clear glass door with D handles $780

7ft x 3ft 10mm fixed panel clear glass $315

7ft x 3ft 10mm coloured (spraypainted in any colour and laminated for waterproofing) glass $485

2ft x 5ft 8mm (lighter so won't drop off easily) kitchen backsplash (in any colour) $250

2ft x 8ft 8mm (lighter so won't drop off easily) kitchen backsplash (in any colour) $400

was recommended to have tiles so that they can just glue on the backsplash. otherwise need to use 4 screws w/ covers.

Edited by ossify

Sun Sun Glass quoted me

7ft x 3ft 8mm (lighter so won't be shaky) wall mounted clear glass door with D handles $400

7ft x 3ft 10mm fixed panel clear glass $225

Comparatively, Sun Sun Glass is cheaper by a lot.

Edited by ossify

went to Natural Cool, bought a non-invertor triple split Panasonic aircon with R22 coolant at $1699 + 150 bracket

CS-C9EKZWx3_web.jpg

Panasonic CU-3C20EKH / 3 X CS-C9EKZW

CU-3C20EKH (QTY:1 )

Category : System 3

Description : 2.5 hp Condenser Unit

Is suitable for HDB : Yes

Capacity BTU/hr : 20500

Cooling Kw : 6Kw

Power Supply : 230V / 1ph / 50 Hz

Running Current : 8.3A

Power Consumption : 1.92Kw

Dimension : 651H X 893W X 345D

Weight : 66Kg

Liquid Pipe Size : 6.35mm

Gas Pipe Size : 9.52mm

Compressor Type : Rotary

Refrigerant : R22

CS-C9EKZW (QTY:3 )

Category : Wall Mounted

Description : 1 hp Condenser Unit

Capacity BTU/hr : 9210

Power Supply : 240V

Running Current : 3.4A

Power Consumption : 785W

Dimension : 280H X 799W X 183D

Weight : 8Kg

Control : Wireless Remote Control

EER : 11.7

went to Natural Cool, bought a non-invertor triple split Panasonic aircon with R22 coolant at $1699 + 150 bracket

CS-C9EKZWx3_web.jpg

Panasonic CU-3C20EKH / 3 X CS-C9EKZW

CU-3C20EKH (QTY:1 )

Category : System 3

Description : 2.5 hp Condenser Unit

Capacity BTU/hr : 20500

Cooling Kw : 6Kw

Power Supply : 230V / 1ph / 50 Hz

Running Current : 8.3A

Power Consumption : 1.92Kw

Dimension : 651H X 893W X 345D

Weight : 66Kg

Liquid Pipe Size : 6.35mm

Gas Pipe Size : 9.52mm

Compressor Type : Rotary

Refrigerant : R22

CS-C9EKZW (QTY:3 )

Category : Wall Mounted

Description : 1 hp Condenser Unit

Capacity BTU/hr : 9210

Power Supply : 240V

Running Current : 3.4A

Power Consumption : 785W

Dimension : 280H X 799W X 183D

Weight : 8Kg

Control : Wireless Remote Control

EER : 11.7

how was their services ah?

got very knowledgeable sales pple? like can say the pros and cons of the different brands?

oh, why did you pick panasonic in the end?

am looking for aircon lor....your info would be appreciated... :D

how was their services ah?

got very knowledgeable sales pple? like can say the pros and cons of the different brands?

oh, why did you pick panasonic in the end?

am looking for aircon lor....your info would be appreciated... :D

When I went down to their Tai Seng showroom, there was only 1 salesperson and 1 cashier, very quiet :P Knowledgeable enough for me, unless you want to talk about technical issues like what's the drop gradient required for 7m of piping :D

I brought my floorplan, he calculated for me the amount of BTU needed for each room, and then we explored the options.

I chose Panasonic because it was on promotion price. (that means they're trying to clear stock) All aircons are on 5yr compressor warranty, 1 yr for the CFU+piping so not much difference unless you prefer some design to others.

For the same model with default installation, All-best quoted me $1699 and Gain City quoted me $1699 + free $100 NTUC voucher.

Natural Cool and Coolserve are the 2 most reputable companies I have seen so far and I really don't mind paying them a premium for peace of mind.

I was assigned a installer (name and handphone number) on the spot, was told to arrange a site visit for discussion on the installation roughly 1-2 weeks before actual installation.

As for pros and cons of the different brands, they're all the same. Aircon is aircon. Only difference is the technology: inverter and non-inverter. But I guess different people have different requirements of their aircon :D

Attached is my latest design from floorplanner.com. The circular things on top are alpha v6 white/black ceiling fans.

eta7.jpg

baby%20fan%20white1_500.jpg

baby%20fan%2040%20black500.jpg