Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
muffin

Platform Bed Not Good For Fs?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Muffin,

I would say its more of a "NOT SO GOOD FOR HEALTH".

If you put your mattress on the floor, whenever you sleep on it, you will breath in the dust that's on the floor...

its just not gd for health as the bad 'Qi' flow around at floor level.

so if your platform is around 2 steps higher den the ground instead of one shall be fine.

hi thanks all for the replies.

haha i heard one crappy fsm say platform bed only can reserve for "Big Horscope" sleepers like Dragon and Tiger. I think is crappy. Like the other forumer say, the problem is more with the dust and probably the temperature with such bed being closer to the floor. floor is generally experiencing either extremes of cold or warm temperature. in air con room, cold air sinks and you end up getting flu.

haha i heard one crappy fsm say platform bed only can reserve for "Big Horscope" sleepers like Dragon and Tiger. I think is crappy. Like the other forumer say, the problem is more with the dust and probably the temperature with such bed being closer to the floor. floor is generally experiencing either extremes of cold or warm temperature. in air con room, cold air sinks and you end up getting flu.

Hi,

Wonder if a King Size or Queen Size mattress place direct on the floor. And when one sleep on the mattress still gets the problem?

By the way, tot that's Japanese style.. esp the tatami sort of design..

Wonder how's the Japanese handle this?

Still learning

Doremon.

Hi,

Wonder if a King Size or Queen Size mattress place direct on the floor. And when one sleep on the mattress still gets the problem?

By the way, tot that's Japanese style.. esp the tatami sort of design..

Wonder how's the Japanese handle this?

Still learning

Doremon.

japanese floor and ours is not the same la................... those who sleep on the floor..... the floors are heating during winter...... and in summer the gaps below the floor allows cooling......

sg floor dun have these

I read in FS books that there should be space under our beds for the qi to flow through. Something like that. Whether it really makes a difference, I don't know.

I read in FS books that there should be space under our beds for the qi to flow through. Something like that. Whether it really makes a difference, I don't know.

But the Japs and Koreans sleep on tatamis, on the floor.

They seem to be doing quite well leh. :P

Unless they can float in the air, there's no space under their 'beds'.

Misty, just disturbing. No offence. ;)

But the Japs and Koreans sleep on tatamis, on the floor.

They seem to be doing quite well leh. :P

Unless they can float in the air, there's no space under their 'beds'.

Misty, just disturbing. No offence. ;)

LOL! No worries. I also wonder about that but then I kia si so didn't do platform even tho I really wanted to.

There isn't any issue with platform bed. But there can be a issue with the mattress you use on your bed. If you have back pain problem or any other issue then choose your mattress according to your sleep pattern and health condition. There is nothing to do with platform bed.  

On 8/10/2009 at 12:33 PM, muffin said:

hi,

I have heard before that platform bed is not good for FS and health, is it true? Any advice?

My 1st hdb unit from primary mkt back then in 1992, MBR built with Nyatoh wood stripes of 4 inch height, whole room.

King size bed on top of the wooden flooring that formed the 'platform bed'. Under the widow was a whole stretch of wooden low cabinets with sliding doors.

Problems? Everyday wake up so flesh yet energetic..... for some 13 years and it produced me the 1st bucket of gold right after it was sold.

On and off my children talked about how much they missed that unique flooring and bed and cabinets....they were made on that platform bed....:D