Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone,

I am in the midst of looking for a good designer for my home and i came across this company called Citrus box interior. the designer seems pretty good and understood what we need as well as our budget limitation. Just want to know if anybody has any exp with them.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi everyone,

I am in the midst of looking for a good designer for my home and i came across this company called Citrus box interior. the designer seems pretty good and understood what we need as well as our budget limitation. Just want to know if anybody has any exp with them.

no 1...

i did!!! i find the interior designer Vin**** seems more like a sales person den interior designer. Because when i meet up with him to discuss about my floorplan and concepts, he brought his designer along. if he know his stuff, there's no need to bring another guy along right. weird weird.... and i find him quite pushy, brought along the receipt book thinking that i will sign up with him. mmmm, i get to know him via the buyer of my flat.

i did!!! i find the interior designer Vin**** seems more like a sales person den interior designer. Because when i meet up with him to discuss about my floorplan and concepts, he brought his designer along. if he know his stuff, there's no need to bring another guy along right. weird weird.... and i find him quite pushy, brought along the receipt book thinking that i will sign up with him. mmmm, i get to know him via the buyer of my flat.

Hi Jerms, I saw their booth at Expo recently & was impressed by one of their designers who understood our requirements for our resale flat. Gotten good vibes from the company so we are still deciding whether to engage in their services. I know it has been a while since your last post but did u finally sign with them? If u didn't, what made u not to? Mind sharing?

Hi MiloMilo, I'd also like to know what made u not sign with them? From my experience with the i.d who entertained us, wasn't pushy but receptive to our tight budget. Given our tight budget, he was still able to give some modest ideas. Was the first person who approached u like those new to i.d n dunno i.d at all?

I'll appreciate any kind of feedback, thanks all :)

Hihi,

We were also at Expo fair and quite happy with Citrus Box ID who listens patiently to our requirements. The only thing we felt uncomfortable is the need to put SGD1000 for him to proceed with drawings where we could subsequently keep. However, we have not even seen the designs and quotation. Thus, slightly concern on this approach. :unsure:

Hihi,

We were also at Expo fair and quite happy with Citrus Box ID who listens patiently to our requirements. The only thing we felt uncomfortable is the need to put SGD1000 for him to proceed with drawings where we could subsequently keep. However, we have not even seen the designs and quotation. Thus, slightly concern on this approach. :unsure:

Hi AMK2009,

Yes were also given that option if we'd like them to churn out 3d drawings. Correct me if I'm wrong, other IDs also will charge a fee for those 3d drawings as it'll take time & creative effort to come up wit those drawings. We were told it'd take 2-3 weeks for those drawings to be ready as they'll have to tell the design specs to their in-house 3d designer. The ID fella wasn't pushy for us to sign-up for the drawings either. Other IDs may eventually charge that design/3d renderings fee into the final costs (hidden costs, maybe) if they don't offer to charge it separately up-front. I guess it'll be good to see the the 3d visualisations first, before you finalise the design right? It's also comforting to know that they won't over-charge on the "design" services as we know the exact amount paid for it. Just my 2 cents worth ;p

So did u sign-up for the 3d drawings? I still got a lot of time to recce but I'm trying to find as much as I can on this citrus box i.d. and the others. Have you been to the showroom yet?

Hi AMK2009,

Yes were also given that option if we'd like them to churn out 3d drawings. Correct me if I'm wrong, other IDs also will charge a fee for those 3d drawings as it'll take time & creative effort to come up wit those drawings. We were told it'd take 2-3 weeks for those drawings to be ready as they'll have to tell the design specs to their in-house 3d designer. The ID fella wasn't pushy for us to sign-up for the drawings either. Other IDs may eventually charge that design/3d renderings fee into the final costs (hidden costs, maybe) if they don't offer to charge it separately up-front. I guess it'll be good to see the the 3d visualisations first, before you finalise the design right? It's also comforting to know that they won't over-charge on the "design" services as we know the exact amount paid for it. Just my 2 cents worth ;p

So did u sign-up for the 3d drawings? I still got a lot of time to recce but I'm trying to find as much as I can on this citrus box i.d. and the others. Have you been to the showroom yet?

Personally I won't pay an ID just to produce 3D drawings before I confirm I am engaging him for my reno. The reason is simple - if after seeing (and paying for) the 3D drawings I decide to engage another ID, this second ID is not going to give me the $1000 discount. Furthermore, I think it is only fair that I let the second ID propose what he wants rather asking him to use the drawings of another ID.

Hi xoluluxolola / SGK,

I've met preliminary a few IDs prior and they don't seems to ask for upfront fees first for 3D designs. I agreed it takes time and brain cells....thus, its fair to be remunerated. Generally however, i understand the process is first about a rough sketch and if we are comfortable, will proceed to appoint them as IDs for both the designing and reno works.

Anyway, I agreed with SGK comments where I will not pay for 3D fees before engaging the ID. My preference is for the same ID to do the design and reno; being the reason why we paid for an ID to act as central liason.....

Met Citrus Box again last Saturday to hear their idea and quote. Quite disappointing as the ID has forgotten to bring the flr plan sketch. Nonetheless, went through briefly based on his memory and also the very detailed quote. Design wise is acceptable. Most importantly, the ID appears very ernest and experience which is why we are prepared to overlook his "forgetfulness". We stress that we will not proceed with the 3D payment unless we decide to engage Critus for the reno as well.

Can't compare yet as we had not met the rest of IDs shortlisted (this coming weekend).

Hi xoluluxolola / SGK,

I've met preliminary a few IDs prior and they don't seems to ask for upfront fees first for 3D designs. I agreed it takes time and brain cells....thus, its fair to be remunerated. Generally however, i understand the process is first about a rough sketch and if we are comfortable, will proceed to appoint them as IDs for both the designing and reno works.

Anyway, I agreed with SGK comments where I will not pay for 3D fees before engaging the ID. My preference is for the same ID to do the design and reno; being the reason why we paid for an ID to act as central liason.....

Met Citrus Box again last Saturday to hear their idea and quote. Quite disappointing as the ID has forgotten to bring the flr plan sketch. Nonetheless, went through briefly based on his memory and also the very detailed quote. Design wise is acceptable. Most importantly, the ID appears very ernest and experience which is why we are prepared to overlook his "forgetfulness". We stress that we will not proceed with the 3D payment unless we decide to engage Critus for the reno as well.

Can't compare yet as we had not met the rest of IDs shortlisted (this coming weekend).

Hi AMK2009,

We also approached Citrus Box during an expo exhibition in which we were served by an uncle who was previously a contractor. We did not hear from him again after the first meeting. Anyway I was quite worried when he proposed hacking so many walls unnecessarily. Just to check: are all your IDs from expo exhibition? That was what I did initially but luckily one of my colleagues who just renovated his house recommended his ID to us. It turns out that it is cheaper than all those expo IDs I spoke to. Another forumer also told me that the expo IDs tend to be more expensive. So do check around this forum for more choices. Happy reno.

Hi SGK,

Thks for your advise...... For us, we gotten feedback from a few friends and through magazine/websites and this forum. From the shortlisted, 2 were from Expo - Citrus Box and *****. Meeting OC this weekend.

Hi SGK,

Thks for your advise...... For us, we gotten feedback from a few friends and through magazine/websites and this forum. From the shortlisted, 2 were from Expo - Citrus Box and *****. Meeting OC this weekend.

i notice what you type has been ***** by the forum. beware of such feature cos it means the company has been condemn by this forum.

i notice what you type has been ***** by the forum. beware of such feature cos it means the company has been condemn by this forum.

Hi There,

Am a very newbie here.. Just got a house, first renovation as well.

Went down to expo for some renovation exhibition yesterday. Spoke to a young chap from CitrusBox.

Told him about the very minor reno that I wanted to take.

He invited me into his booth, and ask me to detail out my requirement. Told him I forgot to bring along my floor plan (5I in Sengkang area).

He said NVM, he still can "estimate", since he said he is very experience (unlike other booths who said that they can't quote me w/o plan).

I listed down what I wanted to do.

1) Feature wall for TV without suspended console and some "mirror effects" at the side

2 L-box for living & dining + removal of existing cornices

3) Modify my MBR wardrobe, where I want to change the door (swinging) to a more modern design as well as change the laminate color for the frame

After ard 30 min of talking, he quoted me around $6k for all. I donno whats going on with me, I find it kind of affordable.

He also reiterated that this is the calculation based on the MAX, and no GST charged.

He also mentioned that, further reduction will be close to $1k for all is possible since its the max estimation

That $6k includes the price of actually fabricating a brand new wardrobe ($1.6k) whereas simply change of laminate & doors would be ard $800.

Therefore he said, further reduction of around $1k is possible.

My OC also seems to like him so much (so do I), seems like a very nice & trustworthy guy. So I deposited $500 just for a 3D. :unsure:

This morning, read Renotalk regarding L-box. Other forumers recommending $9 psr. Then I called up this guy to verify how much he charged me psr.

He said $15 psr. :bangwall: I was soo shocked. Felt like kena scam like that.

Then I said to him. I got an ID quoted me $9-$10 psr. He calmly said that, it might be due to poor quality material, and the way it was done up. He said they are using MBF board or something.

He mentioned that, for his L-box, its metal enforced to the wall, unlike some other L-box where it won't last long and can fall down, and mentioned some technical terms which I don't really quite understand.

He also said, $15psr, is his estimation, since he quoted the max, and also will depend on my budget and the way I want it to be done up.

So, from your point of view, am I like being victimised here? Or potentially to be chopped.

So guys / gals, I need your honest feedback on this issue as well as the credibility of CitrusBox.

$6k-- justifiable? Or am I being carrot chopped here?

Will be meeting the ID next week, and he will show me several designs. I think that I still can do some remedial action and its not too late for me to justify with him.

Thank you guys / gals..

$6k is just for TV feature wall, L box and alteration of MBR wardrobe ? What are the dimensions of your living and dining ?

You need to check on what you have signed in the contract. Although the deposit is small, it still represents acceptance of the contract. Was there any mis-presentation involved ?

Fortunately, your contract amount is small and is within the powers of the small claims tribunal. But it is hard to argue if it is just on the pricing itself though.

1) Feature wall for TV without suspended console and some "mirror effects" at the side

2 L-box for living & dining + removal of existing cornices

3) Modify my MBR wardrobe, where I want to change the door (swinging) to a more modern design as well as change the laminate color for the frame

That $6k includes the price of actually fabricating a brand new wardrobe ($1.6k) whereas simply change of laminate & doors would be ard $800.

Therefore he said, further reduction of around $1k is possible.

$6k is just for TV feature wall, L box and alteration of MBR wardrobe ? What are the dimensions of your living and dining ?

You need to check on what you have signed in the contract. Although the deposit is small, it still represents acceptance of the contract. Was there any mis-presentation involved ?

Fortunately, your contract amount is small and is within the powers of the small claims tribunal. But it is hard to argue if it is just on the pricing itself though.

What I mean remedial is to bargain more... Possible? Hehehehe...

Dimension.... I attached it here..... Just retrieve from HDB... But from your judgement, 5I, Sengkang area, 110sqm in total, justifiable for $6k?

7ba5fa74d8.jpg

Edited by Syukur

Quite hard to bargain after signing.

Its the same when you buy a house ... once OTP is signed, you cant argue about the pricing after that.

If the contract that is signed has very vague specifications, they can always justify it by saying "using more expensive material" etc. Signing a contract with vague specifications is like signing a "blank cheque".

What I mean remedial is to bargain more... Possible? Hehehehe...

Dimension.... Misplaced my floor plan... Gotta retrieve from HDB... But from your judgement, 5I, Sengkang area, 110sqm in total, justifiable for $6k?