Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

How To Tell Friend To Move Out ?

Thks you guys for all the advise.

I have just SMS him and told him he needs to move out coz we need to utilise the room. Thats it. He has untill Oct to find a new place.

Thought of giving him till Sep , but hubby say let him have enough time, So Oct it is.

He just replied " OK " , so now, I'm not bothered. It's out in the open , if he wants to bear grudges , so be it.

Friends come & go and I'm willing to let this one go.

;);)

Glad you did what's right.

From today onwards, better pay attention to your belongings and furniture. You won't know what he's up to and what parting gift he will leave behind for you. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your Tenant respond so fast and quick. Beware that he might not want to pay up the 7 month rental of $2100? Inform your hubby not to be too soft-hearted, he might approach him to waive the payment off or delay payment. End up after he move out, he might not even reply your SMS

or calls. (Disappearing act, change HP number)

It would be better for you to get your $2100 before he move out. Settle every left over amount that he own. If he can't you gotta prepare an IOU

if not that it.

Besides claiming unpaid rent, make sure the termination date is in black and white else it's as good as not stated. He's really taking full advantage of your kindness. Be tough to him at least these few mths!!!

Edited by looneygas

Oh ya..Hmmm...

Maybe I'll keep his prized watches as collateral and explain to him nicely that I'll keep his watches in a safe place,

until he pays me the rest of his rent , plus there no damage to any items in my house on the day he leaves.

Is it too much ?

Oh ya..Hmmm...

Maybe I'll keep his prized watches as collateral and explain to him nicely that I'll keep his watches in a safe place,

until he pays me the rest of his rent , plus there no damage to any items in my house on the day he leaves.

Is it too much ?

Don't think it's nice to take his belongings. I propose that you ask upfront for the rental, if not, immediate termination.

Oh ya..Hmmm...

Is it too much ?

He owe u rent is civil case of breach of contract.

U unilaterally take his stuff is theft, or at least a possession of stolen property criminal charge.

Oh ya..Hmmm...

Is it too much ?

It is hard to monitor for any damages in the house. If damaged, they may not pay for it as in my case (somemore I softheart, want to share cost 50-50 and yet she thinks it is unfair for her to pay for the damages in the house = not her house ma).

Anyway damage is minial ( a few hundred can repair so let it by). Most important to settle the 2k owed rental from him. You may want to collect rental in advance till Oct. total 9 month rental and also the key, when he has already found a place, then must take back the key from him on the date when he moved. If he is moving bit by bit, it is reasonable to ask him for a deposit of $200 for the key. If he not auto, doesn't return the key then changed your lock.

Edited by raincole

Getting him out is a blessing already. If outstanding rent can be recovered, it is good. Otherwise, just move on. Like what yoongf has advised, don't take his watches or stuff because it is considered theft.

Cheers.

I agree... getting him out of the house is a blessing even without the rent. If he really pay then is a Bonus.

You are really too kind.... I too offer a place to stay for a best friend...

who knows things went off of way too...

She keep bring her BF over until... I see him more than my hubby

n this fellow just literally walk into my bedrm w/o knocking the door.. if he so happen wan to look for me... n with ciggs

even thou im a smoker, I have already enforce no smoking in my bedroom n all toilets as hubby is a non-smoker.

I have also stressed.. no more BF and friends in the house... since i offer the place out of goodwill since she is going through a divorce stage.

So i was pissed... next thing... so her definition of no BF in the house works, as long as i dont see him..

so she hide the guy in the room... n he only move around when im in e bedroom..

enter/exit the house by climbing the windows!!

Next I sms her, tell her got to move out which is after 6 mths.. n she literally scream at me ..said i wasnt understanding enuff

So when she left, so goes the friendship... n during these 6mths, I only rec'd a $200 payment as rent.

Until now, 1.5yrs later... she still refuse to talk to me

So its a choice.. Peace or friendship

I choose Peace.

Have spoken to my friend / tenant regarding his arrears and he said he'll pay me end of the mth. Makes me wonder ...

he has money all this time but just don't wanna pay ? Shall wait till end of mth and see how.

Sometimes I do wonder , why are pple so ungrateful ! I don't owe him anything and I'm not obligated to take care or

his well being. I even used to wash & fold his laundry when he 1st just moved it. Till I thought to myself, "ehh, this ain't my job" !

Things change drastically when we shifted to 4 rm & got a car. I don't know if it's envy or jealously. Pple started talking ,

saying we have bigger hse , got car. So we sombong already !! It's not even a luxary car !! We didn't even tell anyone we were upgradeing or buying a car.

Coz It's not really a big deal to us.Anyone can have all these , but soon after that , everything change. Sigh....

I think people just take things for granted.....

If you have a piece of cake.. your like expected to share...

so because of the word "friends", there is like needs for house rules...

haha.. now i believe... friendship and houserules dont mixed!!

Your friends is really taking you all for granted.. your rental is on the least pirority of his list to do!

WOW, U r so kind & patient!!!

to me, I feel ur 'fren' doesn't treat u as a fren at all, but a push-ard!

This is definitely not friendship.

Going soft on such ppl would make them tot they r so great & well-deserved.

PUI !! (sorry :P)

You've done the right thing. Stay firm!

Latest update.

My "friend" / tenant has moved out at the end of Aug. I started to notice that his stuff was all packed a few days ago, but he didn't tell me anything. He'll just ignore me whenever we bump into each other around the hse. Then came one morning when I left my room and my maid inform me that my friend had pass her the keys . I was kinda dumbfounded that he didn't even have the courtesy to give the keys to me personally as i was in the house. There was no note , no thank you. He didn't even sms me or my husband. He still owes us 1 mth rent , which is $300. We were very dissapointed. My hubby says, we welcomed him into our house and he left like a thief !

I'm planning to msg him and ask him when I can get my rent and I want him to come over personally with his GF and give them a piece of my mind.

I am so pissed off.

remember to change house lock.

Latest update.

My "friend" / tenant has moved out at the end of Aug. I started to notice that his stuff was all packed a few days ago, but he didn't tell me anything. He'll just ignore me whenever we bump into each other around the hse. Then came one morning when I left my room and my maid inform me that my friend had pass her the keys . I was kinda dumbfounded that he didn't even have the courtesy to give the keys to me personally as i was in the house. There was no note , no thank you. He didn't even sms me or my husband. He still owes us 1 mth rent , which is $300. We were very dissapointed. My hubby says, we welcomed him into our house and he left like a thief !

I'm planning to msg him and ask him when I can get my rent and I want him to come over personally with his GF and give them a piece of my mind.

I am so pissed off.