Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spearhawk

Jason Goh From U And B Design And Renovation

I saw that Jason does not have a thread to himself yet, so just wanna add it.

Maybe people who has used Jason, or are using Jason currently now as their renovation contractor, please share your comments and experience with him here.

Personally, I am looking to engage him to do my house renovation, but I will like to see more pictures from his past renovation.

Hopefully those who have enagaged him can share them here. =)

cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

am engaging him as my contractor.

very comfortable communicating with him.

not calculative...n that's rare among Ids, especially.

Wow... Congrats

I have been waiting for him to quote me since two weeks ago and he has yet to come back to me. :(

I have been waiting long long already.

Congrats! Looking forward to see your reno pics :)

Finally went through the renovations with Jason! (still a few minor outstanding items to finish up).

Wanted to share my experience with Jason, just my little way of contributing to this very useful forum.

Sorry, very long post...

1. Jason has been quite responsive, usually can contact him easily.

2. accommodating .- we were rushing for works to complete before 7th month, n he is trying to finish off major works first before we shift our furniture & boxes in. Big mistake! Works can't finish in time, our items have to be moved around many times by his workers.. no complaints from Jason, but my husband insisted it slowed his works..

3. Jason wont try to recommend fanciful stuff etc, n get u to do extra things, spend more $... Met 2 other contractors initally, n both gave more expensive n fanciful solutions. Jason gave us a practical solution & at no extra cost. Eg he also kept dissuading us from using Corian, be'cos more expensive.

4. Jason gave us contact details of aircon, grilles etc so that we engage them directly n save some cost. for our grilles contractor, in the end Jason helped to coordinate the works even though we engage them direct.

5. We were very clear about the design & what we wanted. Would advise that you should be sure of what you want if engaging Jason, or for that matter, any contractor, as there is limited design input from them. Be very specific to Jason about what you want. He may understand it differently. Eg our wardrobe doors, he just asked us to choose the laminate. End product was with clear glass & a middle strip of laminate. Quite different from what we wanted, but he was able to change it for us without additional charge to us..

5. Project management - be prepared to do the entire project management. It was a breeze when we renovated 1st home whtough ID designer. With Jason, I had to call him almost every day, to check what was done, and tell him what else outstanding/ problem with the previous day's reno. Husband & I went to check the renovation every day. Couple of times, Jason's workers didnt close the balcony doors, n my furniture risked getting all wet.

6. Schedule - If you are on tight timeline, please emphasie to Jason & make sure he commit to a handover date. Ours went beyond quite a few times. It was rather frustrating 'cos we thought it could have been finished earlier ..

6. Jason's not very calculative, but do compare the quotations from him & other contractors. Jason is doing a couple of extra stuff for us without additional cost.

Btw, am not advertising for Jason... just sharing my experience.. ;)

Anywa, good luck to all on your reno! Yippee, mine's finally done!

hi guys, can someone pm me jason's number? tks a lot!~ :D

guess my reno wld probably able to start at year-end since i m still waiting for first appointment on 10th nov.. still a long way to go...

Hi Guys,

Can PM me Jason's H/P No.?

i am renovating my 3 rm resale soon.

Thanks in advance.

I got uncle jason's quotation...rather fast.less than a week..cos i sms and called him to ask for it..haha.. :) the quotation is the most competitive one for those that i had so far..:) but some things still wondering if he can reduce anot..:) haha..

Will call him to discuss later.. :)

He is good! :)