Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spearhawk

Jason Goh From U And B Design And Renovation

Dear All,

Jason's blog is currently set to PRIVATE readers thus wont be able to access his blog anymore .. perhaps Frank should help to un-lock his blog since he is the one doing the blog up for him ... Or you do not want us to take this to the police??

Wah, you guys are fast at contacting me about this.

I turned it off so that no one else will call them to do projects.

If you want, I can turn it on again.

But I am not the only admin of the site - Jason has access to it as well, FYI.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm new to this forum and after reading all these posts, I feel sorry for those who had done the reno. Should anyone require an ID you can try contact me and i'll forward someone reliable contact to you.

i am really sad to see tt jason is goin into AS shoes..i saw the mirror effect of myself a few months back..

not sure the earlier post stated jason collected cash n no receipts - is it alot of pple affected? cus this is cheating! i mean, obvious cheating.

but at least AS does issue receipts ... err... not sure does it make any difference...legally wise, i guess jason can be charged amouting to cheating offences... i guess?

Edited by seashell

i am really sad to see tt jason is goin into AS shoes..i saw the mirror effect of myself a few months back..

not sure the earlier post stated jason collected cash n no receipts - is it alot of pple affected? cus this is cheating! i mean, obvious cheating.

but at least AS does issue receipts ... err... not sure does it make any difference...legally wise, i guess jason can be charged amouting to cheating offences... i guess?

Hi Seashell, how is your reno progess? Going to take any action against AS? We have been recommended Jason also. Luckily he did not give us the quote promptly and we dropped the idea of engaging him. I feel so bad for all the people here who got cheated by them.

This kind of problem always happened. As for me, I'll never choose the cheapest quote but a reasonable one, most important is you are able to click with the person you are dealing with. luckily my ID is someone who's able to give me lots of ideals and the service is good.

Hi Seashell, how is your reno progess? Going to take any action against AS? We have been recommended Jason also. Luckily he did not give us the quote promptly and we dropped the idea of engaging him. I feel so bad for all the people here who got cheated by them.

you are indeed lucky not to engage Jason .. haiz

This kind of problem always happened. As for me, I'll never choose the cheapest quote but a reasonable one, most important is you are able to click with the person you are dealing with. luckily my ID is someone who's able to give me lots of ideals and the service is good.

Actually, he is not the cheapest quote among my quotes .. good service initially before and 1.5 month of signing the deal.. even now, i still feel that he is of good service ..

Just that such a sad thing happen ..

Actually, he is not the cheapest quote among my quotes .. good service initially before and 1.5 month of signing the deal.. even now, i still feel that he is of good service ..

Just that such a sad thing happen ..

so how is your progress now? Still chasing after Jason or engaging some one else to take over? We were in the process of looking for contractor instead of ID to save some cost but this episode has taught us that maybe spending a bit more is actually necessary in order to save future pains.

so how is your progress now? Still chasing after Jason or engaging some one else to take over? We were in the process of looking for contractor instead of ID to save some cost but this episode has taught us that maybe spending a bit more is actually necessary in order to save future pains.

We had no choice but to move in .. now i see all the unsightly stuffs .. haiz .. It is better to engage someone through personal recommendation and please also check their background before engaging them to do the jobs..

actually my personal view is that the most important is the payment schedule. as long as $ not paid, we can make demands. After $ is paid, we are at their mercy.

the so called market practice of collecting a huge amount before works are done must change. I don't think main con will pay their sub-con before work is done right?

actually my personal view is that the most important is the payment schedule. as long as $ not paid, we can make demands. After $ is paid, we are at their mercy.

the so called market practice of collecting a huge amount before works are done must change. I don't think main con will pay their sub-con before work is done right?

I agreed and disagreed with u. Now some of the sub-cons will collect a % of amount before carry out the work. This is so that they can use the amount to pay for the materials needed. If main con don't have the capital to pay for it, how works are going to start. Of course hse owners will always feel that if they paid the main con, what if work don't carry out. And vice verse, the main cons will also feel that what if they paid for the works done and can't collect the $ from the owners....

As renovation is not small amount, both sides also have the fear of losing the money, so is there a better fair contract to both the owner & the ID/contractor? There are sure to be some bad ID/contractors in this industry but there also have those "too much" house owners too. Being a house owner, I had met bad contractors, being a contractor, I had also met those asking for too much house owners but of course I had deal with more good house owners.

Is following the CASE rules and regulations for the renovators a good guide and fair to the house owners? Or more need to be done to protect both parties?

Edited by jaskel

i got a quote from Jason before:

** Payment Terms: 40% at initial stage; 30% second stage; 20% third stage; 10% 1 week after completion **

is this considered reasonable? Already pay 70% upon commencement of masonary works.

My current contractor: 1st 30 % Upon signing the contract, 2nd 30 % After 1week of work and tiling work

started. 3rd 20 % Completion of tile work , 4th 20 % Handover.

For most homeowners, demolition works would start first, so its just labour cost, nothing to buy as yet. Hacking costs would not usually make up like 30%-40% of total costs. A more staggered payment instead should be implemented to safeguard interests of owners.

Not sure about CASE's suggestions...