Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Supersimon27

Cellini Calypso Sofa Fan Club

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Recently I read some negative feedback abt cellini furniture and sofa ie infested with termites and bed bugs. I saw a sofa and dining set that i really like but I held back because of my phobia for such pests. I wonder if such rumours are true....

Are the recent furniture from cellini clean and free of bugs?? I really hope to get stuff from this shop.

lol why didn't u post this earlier.. I just bought an entire set of Cellini furnitures... lol..

anyway. i think doesn't matter which shop you purchase from, most likely all deliveries come from the same warehouse.

Hi all,

Recently I read some negative feedback abt cellini furniture and sofa ie infested with termites and bed bugs. I saw a sofa and dining set that i really like but I held back because of my phobia for such pests. I wonder if such rumours are true....

Are the recent furniture from cellini clean and free of bugs?? I really hope to get stuff from this shop.

Bro, the whole of New York is infested with BED BUGS :rolleyes: Even if you buy the best Mattresses and Bed, and you don't wash your sheets regular, or if you bring contaminated laundry back from an overseas trip, you get all sorts of bugs keeping you company. Bed Bugs don't feed on wood, they feed on blood.. I have encountered bed bugs on a 2 day stay with a 6 star hotel (not villa) and paid USD 500 per night...

Some tips, keep your sheets clean, sleep in Air con, and bathe regularly and don't sleep in the nude. The moment you see a Bed Bug, call in the pest busters. After that, better to shut all your windows for a couple of days, cause your neighbours bugs might just decide to migrate over.

actually bed bugs not that hard to get rid of. just get a steamer and go through everything. then vacuum to clean up the dead bugs and eggs to minimise hatching. if bedframe is wood.. more troublesome.. dismantle and clean thoroughly..

i suspect im off topic here :)

Actually i didn't really like the feel of Cellini Calypso (apologies to the calypso fan club).. found it kinda tough on my butt.. maybe i got delicate butt.. lol..

Anyway, i bought the $2999 package, added another $200 to upsize my bedframe to king-size.

I took the Cellini Glide (2 seats able to recline and the feel is really sofa and comfy), bedframe, coffee table and tv console.

Bought at the Sungei Kadut outlet at IFC. Pretty good sales service. Wanted to get bedside tables there too but the design there i find too futuristic.. lol..

Edited by breadman

Saw it again, more carefully this time, definitely All fabric. But I think they are using 2 sets instead of one.

i think they are using the main "kidney" piece without the rotating piece, and the 2nd piece is the ottoman.

anyway, that's if we assume it's a calypso... it could be just another curvy red sofa :P

Bed bugs do come with furniture and they hide in the crevices of the frame, esp if they are wood. Plastic/ metal furnitures are less susceptible. They are also very hardy creatures that can stay alive even without feeding for a year.a professional job costs $600 and you got to evacuate and clean up like mad! People who have never experience for themselves would never understand the mental and psychological stress that these pests can cause to people who value high standards of hygiene.

And like someone here mentioned as long as their warehouse is infested most of the furnitures would be infected. And they manifest at an alarming speed!

Google on bed bugs and you'll read about other peoples horrifying experiences and how they have fought repeated losing battles with them.

actually bed bugs not that hard to get rid of. just get a steamer and go through everything. then vacuum to clean up the dead bugs and eggs to minimise hatching. if bedframe is wood.. more troublesome.. dismantle and clean thoroughly..

i suspect im off topic here :)

Actually i didn't really like the feel of Cellini Calypso (apologies to the calypso fan club).. found it kinda tough on my butt.. maybe i got delicate butt.. lol..

Anyway, i bought the $2999 package, added another $200 to upsize my bedframe to king-size.

I took the Cellini Glide (2 seats able to recline and the feel is really sofa and comfy), bedframe, coffee table and tv console.

Bought at the Sungei Kadut outlet at IFC. Pretty good sales service. Wanted to get bedside tables there too but the design there i find too futuristic.. lol..

I actually bought a Karcher steam cleaner, but did not actually use it. But I make sure my entire family bathes before they sleep. My boy once contracted hair lice from his K school, and I have to shave him bold. Now I make sure he washes his hair, evertime he comes home.

By the way, the sofa you bought is it Fabric or Leather?

I actually bought a Karcher steam cleaner, but did not actually use it. But I make sure my entire family bathes before they sleep. My boy once contracted hair lice from his K school, and I have to shave him bold. Now I make sure he washes his hair, evertime he comes home.

By the way, the sofa you bought is it Fabric or Leather?

its stated real cow hide leather. honestly the package seems to be a really good deal :)

sofa by itself is $2800.

I only top up $300 to add a king size bedframe, tv console, and coffee table. Well at least thats how Cellini do their marketing but I'm happy to be hook at that price :)

Just hope no bugs of any kind on delivery and thereafter.

its stated real cow hide leather. honestly the package seems to be a really good deal :)

sofa by itself is $2800.

I only top up $300 to add a king size bedframe, tv console, and coffee table. Well at least thats how Cellini do their marketing but I'm happy to be hook at that price :)

Just hope no bugs of any kind on delivery and thereafter.

Good for you! Honestly, leather is a better investment for the long run. Fabric is good if you want to 'play' with colours, but I think the perception is that fabric is much cheaper than Leather. I think bugs are more prone to fabrics than leather, since they have 'nowhere' to hide :)

Good for you! Honestly, leather is a better investment for the long run. Fabric is good if you want to 'play' with colours, but I think the perception is that fabric is much cheaper than Leather. I think bugs are more prone to fabrics than leather, since they have 'nowhere' to hide :)

i think leather and fabric both has its pros and cons.

decided to get leather as I prefer its feel. to put it crudely, skin to skin is better than skin to cloth :)

Hi All,

I am currently a happy owner of the Cellini Calypso sofa too. I bought the sofa barely 2 years ago in June 2009. However, I am intending to sell off the sofa and ottoman (cushions not included) to interested buyers at a low price of only $600. The set have to go by next Wednesday 8 Sept 2010.

Condition of sofa and ottoman: 8.5/10

Colour: Black

Self Collection: Tampines

Selling Price: $600 (price negotiable)

Please email me at norul2328@yahoo.com.sg / hp: 94778636 to purchase!

Picture of my Calypso