Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Folks

Which Laminate Flooring Brand Should I Use?

Hi, I am torn between Pergo Family and Robina. was quoted same price/sqft for both brands.

Which laminate flooring is better in terms of variety, warranty and service?

Shouldn't be the same price at all....Pergo family $3.85psf and Robina is $3.75psf, including installation and GST......in terms of variety, warranty is the same, service is the same if get from the same company.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My flat undergoing reno now.

I have chosen Rainer Oak from Exquisite series from Kronotex. I got them when visiting one of the home shows in EXPO last year. I reckon I got a very good deal. We choose Kronotex as that's the only one in the market that has the wood finish and not those cheaper ones that look like plastic, with glossy finish. Also the color is really very pleasing for me and wife. None other brands come close.

Just FYI.

Shouldn't be the same price at all....Pergo family $3.85psf and Robina is $3.75psf, including installation and GST......in terms of variety, warranty is the same, service is the same if get from the same company.

no leh. i called up this afternoon and the sales guy was very prompt. he sent me the quotation on the same day.

the price quoted for both brands was the same and cheaper that what you had stated.

so which brand is more recommended?

no leh. i called up this afternoon and the sales guy was very prompt. he sent me the quotation on the same day.

the price quoted for both brands was the same and cheaper that what you had stated.

so which brand is more recommended?

Is it? Don't mind PM me the sales guy and the pricing. Thks. Will choose Pergo.

Hi, I am torn between Pergo Family and Robina. was quoted same price/sqft for both brands.

Which laminate flooring is better in terms of variety, warranty and service?

Pergo is from Ger while Robina is from Malaysia... how should i put it..... Pergo is branded while Robina is okay

Pergo family is the cheapest in the pergo range while Robina is not....

both also not bad... as in variety.... warranty = pergo, service = your contractor... haha u quote for the service..

and if u are getting the same price... go for pergo... because.......................... that is for u to find out...

Pergo is from Ger while Robina is from Malaysia... how should i put it..... Pergo is branded while Robina is okay

both also not bad... as in variety.... warranty = pergo, service = your contractor... haha u quote for the service..

and if u are getting the same price... go for pergo... because.......................... that is for u to find out...

thanks for your input. I had placed order for pergo and the installer will be coming over to install today. cant wait to see the tiles after install.

Pergo is a Swedish brand, and not made in Ger or Germany. They are using the hpl production method which is no longer quite relevant, as the dpl method is able to achieve higher abrasion levels, and also more interesting surface design variations. So instead of starting all over with new production lines, I suspect that they contract others to manufacture for them under the Pergo brand. They are the "inventor" of laminate flooring, and if you do buy their hpl product, you can be the proud owner of a piece of history, because the hpl method is history :D

Pergo is a Swedish brand, and not made in Ger or Germany. They are using the hpl production method which is no longer quite relevant, as the dpl method is able to achieve higher abrasion levels, and also more interesting surface design variations. So instead of starting all over with new production lines, I suspect that they contract others to manufacture for them under the Pergo brand. They are the "inventor" of laminate flooring, and if you do buy their hpl product, you can be the proud owner of a piece of history, because the hpl method is history :D

Hi, what is hpl?

Hi, what is hpl?

High pressure and direct pressure lamination. Until some years ago, the only way to achieve higher surface abrasion on laminate was hpl, but the downside of this is that by having more layers on top to achieve Abrasion Class 5 level, it obscured the decor paper below, making it look "plasticky" or unreal. It is also more expensive because of the higher investment on the production lines, and also the additional materials for production.

Dpl on the other hand has improved tremendously because of new technologies. Instead of having more layers, it uses a different kind of coating, commonly corundum, which allows it to tailor abrasion class from AC4 to AC6, without obscuring the decor at AC4 level. And of course it is cheaper to produce :D

From what I have read though, the coating process is quite tricky, and does not come with "machines from Germany". This probably explain the inability of the Chinese and Malaysian to produce AC4 products.

Now despite their claims to being AC4 or AC5 products here in Asia; which cannot be validated, I cannot find such claims by them in the western countries where they are sold, as they will surely be sued for making false claims. ;)

This probably explain the inability of the Chinese and Malaysian to produce AC4 products. Now despite their claims to being AC4 or AC5 products here in Asia; which cannot be validated, I cannot find such claims by them in the western countries where they are sold, as they will surely be sued for making false claims. ;)

If they are not part of EPFL, they can boast AC10 & 200% water resistant & only gullible consumers will accept it at face value.

Quickstep is DPL by the way ;)

Edited by titanax

If they are not part of EPFL, they can boast AC10 & 200% water resistant & only gullible consumers will accept it at face value.

Quickstep is DPL by the way ;)

Hi buddy, you are right, and premium brands such as Quick-Step and Faus are at the forefront of dpl technology. They are the ones who comes up with some very good innovations (not gimmicky stuff like anti-termites, air-purifier, singing/creaking planks), got them patented, and then make everyone else who copied them to pay a licencing fee. Now that's intelligent business!

High pressure and direct pressure lamination. Until some years ago, the only way to achieve higher surface abrasion on laminate was hpl, but the downside of this is that by having more layers on top to achieve Abrasion Class 5 level, it obscured the decor paper below, making it look "plasticky" or unreal. It is also more expensive because of the higher investment on the production lines, and also the additional materials for production.

Dpl on the other hand has improved tremendously because of new technologies. Instead of having more layers, it uses a different kind of coating, commonly corundum, which allows it to tailor abrasion class from AC4 to AC6, without obscuring the decor at AC4 level. And of course it is cheaper to produce :D

From what I have read though, the coating process is quite tricky, and does not come with "machines from Germany". This probably explain the inability of the Chinese and Malaysian to produce AC4 products.

Now despite their claims to being AC4 or AC5 products here in Asia; which cannot be validated, I cannot find such claims by them in the western countries where they are sold, as they will surely be sued for making false claims. ;)

Thank you, khengjoo.

hi there

happened to saw a promotion from bilrich... $3psf for Alsafloor Clip300 series...

anyone can advise? im looking for laminate flooring made in europe for my existing unit.

there seemed to be quite a lot of brands at expo...dunno which is good, but this alsafloor promotion looked to be cheaper of all the quotes i had so far.

pls help >.<