Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hihi,

Please pm me henry/ID note's hp and email?

Sourcing for quote now....

can anyone pm me Henry's contact ? thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my reno started liao..jus finished tiling for living n dining..still got long way to go..anyway nothing major issue as yet of now..gonna meet him this weekend for kitchen design n laminate flooring

hi zinedane..pls advice your laminate brand..

pls check tiles for hollowness...easier to rework if tiler still around..

cheers

:)

Latest list of The Henner Club members and recent status updates:

(Supersimon27) - North Woodlands - 4 Room - Completed - 100%

(Jamieogh) - West bukit batok - 4 Room - Completed - 100%

(Dannywmp) - Jurong West - 4 Room - Completed - 100%

(lohwl2000) - Central Farrer Park (along serangoon road) - 4 Room Completed - 100%

(Nirvana) - East - (pai seh forgot exact location) - Condo Completed - 100%

(momo13) - central AMK - 3 room - Completed - 100%

(dmay) - west (or consider north) bukit panjang - 4 Room - Completed - 100%

(crimsonred) west (or consider north) (bukit panjang) - Completed - 100%

(kiven78) - North Yishun - Completed - 100%

(wenxiong)- not from forum – 4room woodland - Completed - 100%

(Smallcarrot) - Central 4 Room - Completed -100%

(eugela) - Shunfu 5rm - central - Completed - 100%

(tweetie74) - Completed - 100 %

(pink_clover) - North Woodlands 4 Room

(aosis) - north woodlands

(pipiko) - Telok Blangah

(niken) - Pasir Ris - East

(fencer) - Simei - 4rm - East - 95%

(mix361001) - 3rm Serangoon North - 80%

(sixela13) - Woodlands EA - 90%

(hcbing) - 5rm resale @ Punggol - 100%

(loveandfaithandgrace) - Pasir Ris East - Starting

(fuzzybrain)- Jurong West - Selecting tile stage

(aerial) - Sengkang - Starting ( finish tiling )

(england) - shin min ave - central ? - May starting

(marshmallow) - Jurong east - Starting (hacking stage)

(zinedane) - Sengkang

( Isntyl ) - Bedok 5 room tilting

( Junwei84) - Simei - 4room - jus collect key

Let's welcome Jun wei :)

Dear all,

I am a newbie and after reviewing those comments, would like to engage Henry to provide quotes.

May i have his contact too??

(lohwl2000) - Central Farrer Park (along serangoon road) - 4 Room Completed - 100%

(pipiko) - Telok Blangah

(zinedane) - Sengkang

( trantrulla ) - Kang Ching Road

Update and welcome Trantrulla :)

(pipiko) - Telok Blangah

(zinedane) - Sengkang

( trantrulla ) - Kang Ching Road

Update and welcome Trantrulla :)

wah bro simon, long time no see.... where have you been??? :P

wah bro simon, long time no see.... where have you been??? :P

I am still ard ar . Except , reading T-blog quietly , giving advice only when need , as we are voted the most vocal club wor . So got to keep low profile lol.

Actually nowadays , I spend more time on clubsnap le . Cos hobby change mah , but I didn’t forget our henner club de . I still keep following all henner T-blog closely to see if I will be any help. Infact , I’m the last person to reply in yr thread , but u no update leh :P

Sharing some photo i took recently

4793278853_ddc6414809.jpg

4793282399_82370fa7de.jpg

4793963766_e806be4e73.jpg

4793354571_c71afd8e15.jpg

Edited by Supersimon27

I believe many people are like me always hunting for cheapest quote and the reality is all products come with market price. When the quote is cheap, ID is impossible make a lost so things will come cheap as well.

In the end contractor tell you, you want cheap what, cheap quote cannot demand high quality lor. If you want expensive we also have ... this brand, that brand and may cost even more than established big firms. In fact big companies with scale can afford even better pricing with large orders and unused stocks. Small companies will not survive long if not honest.

Lesson learn is : Judge by best value and not best quote.

Workmanship depends on luck and independent from contractors. Initially my house looks OK, but 1 day before move in the few tiles was damaged by unknown contractors and toilet/kitchen stucked with cement until all the stink water come out from all the water outlet. Really disgusting. Kitchen doors hinge problems, Master bedroom hinge drop down, nearly injured my baby, water leaked in everywhere, master toilet basin and kitchen sink, need to glue 3 times then fixed. All the skirting poor workmanship, after glue the thing still come up gap and alot of ants now living inside. Really sad with that....and finally Henry blame my house wall not fit their skirting said the wall not flat and not straight.

The moral of the story is as chinese saying 路遥知马力

I believe many people are like me always hunting for cheapest quote and the reality is all products come with market price. When the quote is cheap, ID is impossible make a lost so things will come cheap as well.

In the end contractor tell you, you want cheap what, cheap quote cannot demand high quality lor. If you want expensive we also have ... this brand, that brand and may cost even more than established big firms. In fact big companies with scale can afford even better pricing with large orders and unused stocks. Small companies will not survive long if not honest.

Workmanship depends on luck and independent from contractors. Initially my house looks OK, but 1 day before move in the few tiles was damaged by unknown contractors and toilet/kitchen stucked with cement until all the stink water come out from all the water outlet. Really disgusting. Kitchen doors hinge problems, Master bedroom hinge drop down, nearly injured my baby, water leaked in everywhere, master toilet basin and kitchen sink, need to glue 3 times then fixed. All the skirting poor workmanship, after glue the thing still come up gap and alot of ants now living inside. Really sad with that....and finally Henry blame my house wall not fit their skirting said the wall not flat and not straight.

How come so many defects on yr side? sounds scary..yr skirting is referring to laminate flooring?

I am still ard ar . Except , reading T-blog quietly , giving advice only when need , as we are voted the most vocal club wor . So got to keep low profile lol.

Actually nowadays , I spend more time on clubsnap le . Cos hobby change mah , but I didn’t forget our henner club de . I still keep following all henner T-blog closely to see if I will be any help. Infact , I’m the last person to reply in yr thread , but u no update leh :P

Sharing some photo i took recently

4793278853_ddc6414809.jpg

4793282399_82370fa7de.jpg

4793963766_e806be4e73.jpg

4793354571_c71afd8e15.jpg

Hey Brother Simon,

Nice pictures you got there, quite professional. Will you be able to come over and snap some pictures of my place once it is done up?

By the way, there is no need to remain quiet in the background because of some noise. If Henry is good, then he is good and conversely, if Henry is bad, then he is bad. This is a platform for people like you and me to voice our honest opinions so don't let the noise worry you too much. Haha but I don't think you are anyway.

And Thank You for pulling strings in the initial stage otherwise I am not sure where I can find a contractor like Henry.

Regards.

Brother Small Carrot,

Your story reminded me of Brother Fencer's plight and your situation sounded worse than his. I feel sorry for you but how could the condition be so bad just a day before you moved in? Surely Henry would have checked that everything's okay before handing it over to you, no?

I have to agree that Henry's pricing is not cheap and neither is unreasonably expensive either, he has to make a living too, right? I am not sure how much he is charging you for the amount of work done but I think his pricing is fair relative to the market otherwise he wont be getting referrals.

Yes, life is full of randomness. Anyhow, has it been resolved already?

Regards.

Brother Small Carrot,

Your story reminded me of Brother Fencer's plight and your situation sounded worse than his. I feel sorry for you but how could the condition be so bad just a day before you moved in? Surely Henry would have checked that everything's okay before handing it over to you, no?

I have to agree that Henry's pricing is not cheap and neither is unreasonably expensive either, he has to make a living too, right? I am not sure how much he is charging you for the amount of work done but I think his pricing is fair relative to the market otherwise he wont be getting referrals.

Regards.

bro england... long time no hear from you :) how's things? I supposed you have moved in already? :)

Brother Small Carrot,

Regards.

The problems come back again and I am so tired to ask Henry again. I am going to fix it myself.

I am not against Henry but I count my bad luck. I SHOULD NOT listen to Henry to use laminate wood as skirting. The wood cannot stick well to the wall. For pricing now with all the inflation, I believe the renovation cost jump even higher so compare my pricing 1 year ago is meaningless. I just want a nice home and that's it. This job I know involves a lot of uncertainty because the works are subcontract to other companies.

For the tile, it is not tiler problem but the supplier problem. Consider my tiles difficulty, it is near impossible to change thick 20mm and crystalline like glass panel. Any hacking will damage all surrounding tiles. Tilers have no experience with my tiles and problem only surface after a few weeks. The white tiles become darken at the edges for a few pieces. In fact I do not mind him to change but later he told me supplier no stocks. I call up the tile supplier and supplier ask me to call Henry. Henry talk to supplier but warranty is only when they receive the goods and inspect on the spot. After the tiles lay, it become contractor liability. In the end, I let Henry have easy option to discount the final price. This is one of the risk I take for using this unique tile but I overestimate Henry's capabilities.

He cannot come out with innovative ideas to solve this problem for me instead asking me what I want to do.

Edited by SmallCarrot

Hey Brother Simon,

Nice pictures you got there, quite professional. Will you be able to come over and snap some pictures of my place once it is done up?

By the way, there is no need to remain quiet in the background because of some noise. If Henry is good, then he is good and conversely, if Henry is bad, then he is bad. This is a platform for people like you and me to voice our honest opinions so don't let the noise worry you too much. Haha but I don't think you are anyway.

And Thank You for pulling strings in the initial stage otherwise I am not sure where I can find a contractor like Henry.

Regards.

No problem bro . Just let me know when U r ready . Then I try arrange . btw , me not professional lah . Jus hobby hobby . Have not try to take interior photo yet . ha ... So wonder who will be my guinea pig...

Either U , marsh or hcbing lol....

bro england... long time no hear from you :) how's things? I supposed you have moved in already? :)

lol . Guess everyone busy ba . From last sms with hcbing , he seem very busy too

The problems come back again and I am so tired to ask Henry again. I am going to fix it myself.

I am not against Henry but I count my bad luck. I SHOULD NOT listen to Henry to use laminate wood as skirting. The wood cannot stick well to the wall. For pricing now with all the inflation, I believe the renovation cost jump even higher so compare my pricing 1 year ago is meaningless. I just want a nice home and that's it. This job I know involves a lot of uncertainty because the works are subcontract to other companies.

For the tile, it is not tiler problem but the supplier problem. Consider my tiles difficulty, it is near impossible to change thick 20mm and crystalline like glass panel. Any hacking will damage all surrounding tiles. Tilers have no experience with my tiles and problem only surface after a few weeks. The white tiles become darken at the edges for a few pieces. In fact I do not mind him to change but later he told me supplier no stocks. I call up the tile supplier and supplier ask me to call Henry. Henry talk to supplier but warranty is only when they receive the goods and inspect on the spot. After the tiles lay, it become contractor liability. In the end, I let Henry have easy option to discount the final price. This is one of the risk I take for using this unique tile but I overestimate Henry's capabilities.

He cannot come out with innovative ideas to solve this problem for me instead asking me what I want to do.

so wat brand of laminate he gave u?

so wat brand of laminate he gave u?

No brand. Look at the pictures. I am so busy with work and unable to post those ugly picture. He refuse to changed despite multiple request to make good. This is the best he can do at most. Beyond that you need to someone else already. There are many gaps between the wood and he simply glue it and the laminate comes off eventually.

My whole house skirting cost me almost $800 for this kind of material. What do you think?

problem00013.jpg