Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Finally finished reading the thread.

Great thread cos I love negative comments too. Nothing is perfect n everyone has different standards. Juz got to exercise own discretion and judge if all the problems are within acceptable limits.

Henry is the contractor that i have read up most so far.

One major concern that I have is about workmanship. I have seen some of the photos which are not quite acceptable for my standards. One of the henner also did comment that their workmanship is ok. He will not rectify things that are not aligned nicely as long as it is done properly. I can be fussy and pretty particular. I cant accept just ok standard. if it's crooked, i want it to be rectified. Would appreciate all the henner club people to rate the workmanship.

It would be great if the henners could share your reply here. Else I welcome any PMs!

Thanks!

Hi Bro listensea , thanks for following the Henner thread and my thread .

I don't think rating will be a good way to judge workmanship , as my 9 on some area might be my wife 8. Some henner might find it nice , while others unacceptable .

I had receive "thank you" pm / sms from Pass henner like (bro danny , bro hcbing , etc etc ...) that they receive fantastic workmanship from the price they pay for , but I also came across with complaint from Bro fencer .

So it's really individual I guess .... or the guy who happen to handle the project on that time .

I should pen in my comment instead of rating :)

On workmanship,

For Tiling , I got completely no problem . No hollow tile , no crack tile , tile to tile alignment is fantastic , gap is small .

For Painting , Sux ... really bad ....

For cabinet , So far so good. No pop laminated , no wrap-page . Still pretty happy

Regarding of service and rectification , Personally , I got no problem so far also . In fact , supreme visit my place 3 time to rectify on the laminated wood . The last visit is to fill the gap of the skit-ting. (Not their fault actually .... but becos I change air-con piping location after 1 yr + of stay , after the old piping remove, there is a gap on the skit-ting so they need to fill the gap with silicon after the area of old piping remove , a bit hard to explain here ....)

Like I mention in my blog , painter visit my place countless time till I am finally "ok" with the job.

No to mention small small troubleshooting like when my light spoil ... and I tot is the electrician faulty .... etc etc ...

However my above comment might not conclude anything . As my renovation was done near 2 yrs back (1yr 9month to be exact) , so price might change , service might change , workmanship might change .

Lucky thing is , my sis , friend78, is under going the same renovation process with Henry now .

So far other then 1 panel of window is broken accidently during hacking and Henry say he will get it replace it , there isn't much hip up that I need me to show face to get it resolve (except during the final price neg part that my sis instead to let the discussion held at my place -_-") .

I will keep a look out for you guys and update accordingly :) Both positive and negative.

To see if Henry still live up to his name or his service degrade after time .

Do visit my sis blog to get real "live" update . Cheer :)

Edited by Supersimon27

Can pm me henry contact number also? Thanks alot. Cheers!

Hi! Could anyone PM henry's contact to me also?

Appreacite!

Hi can PM me Henry's contact? Thanks

pm send :)

After my observation, this is my conclusion for what Supersimon is related with Henry:

He is getting commission from Henry for promoting his service,

my assumption on his commission is as such:

If there are around 3 Clients Supersimon help to close for Henry in a month, average reno cost should spend around 30K,

3 Clients= to 90K, so he should be getting 5% out from the total= $4500, this is indeed a good part time job.

Not to mention about Chinese New Year Big Ang Pao.

Wow . That's a lot of money . Can introduce me this lobang ? Lol

If writing a few words and forwarding pm can earn that much do let me know :) I don't mind .

Btw , Cellini and lightings.com also pay me abt 2k each per month u know . Phahaha . And after the henner club grow from zero to now 40 + I had actually pocket in (1500*40 , according to Yr assumsion) $600000 + 300000 from lighting n cellini

Phahaha ... Just go ahead and assume ba .

We provide Renovation Service for all HDB, landed property and condo and etc... we are HDB licensed contractor and Registered Company.

Feel free to send enquiry to our mail: idavidtan@yahoo.com.sg ;)

David

done pm

Seem like we got another contractor in our house ... hmmmm

Hi! All,

Appreciate if anyone could PM Henry's contact to me?

Thanks in advance

Can someone pass me Henry contact too? Thanks.

To prevent confussion , I had send pm you guys henry contact again :)

Seem like we got another contractor in our house ... hmmmm

To prevent confussion , I had send pm you guys henry contact again :)

Hi Simon, think you should stop advertising for henry for time being.. You know why ? Cause I think he is overload and I have been waiting for his quotations for the past 3 weeks going to 1 month. Obviously they are unable to stand the workload and the new customers keep coming in calling for quotes. I have been emailing them and calling them but they only delay and delay the quotations.

Guess you should slow down your free "advertising" for them abit and let them catchup with their work... you are not helping them actually.. get what i mean?? ;)

Hi Simon, think you should stop advertising for henry for time being.. You know why ? Cause I think he is overload and I have been waiting for his quotations for the past 3 weeks going to 1 month. Obviously they are unable to stand the workload and the new customers keep coming in calling for quotes. I have been emailing them and calling them but they only delay and delay the quotations.

Guess you should slow down your free "advertising" for them abit and let them catchup with their work... you are not helping them actually.. get what i mean?? ;)

waikwok , understand yr frustration

However, I am afraid I can’t help Henry manage his customer or check who renovating at when before passing them the contact. To make thing easy for me , I can only send pm for whoever who need his contact .

If Henry reject any of you guys or delay yr quotation , I’m very sorry to cause any inconvenience .

Hope u guys understand .

There are still many good contractor who I read about in this forum . Mr Yeak and Ho bee are 2 who I had view their great workmanship with decent price too :)

haha.. i already "dead heart" liao. It has been 1 month plus and no news from them.

Post deleted

Edited by Martin